The Queen of the South thread

Far too early to say who is the better prospect. What I do know is that we have a whole load of good youngsters at this club and Durnan and Black are two of then. I have never seen so many local boys either in the first team or just a kick in the arse off it . Good signs and times

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Far too early to say who is the better prospect. What I do know is that we have a whole load of good youngsters at this club and Durnan and Black are two of then. I have never seen so many local boys either in the first team or just a kick in the arse off it . Good signs and times

I disagree on the first point. I think Durnan will make it at a higher level, Black might make it. Both are promising, but the composure that Durnan shows on the ball is incredible, 1 because he is a centre back, and 2 because of his age.

I disagree on the first point. I think Durnan will make it at a higher level, Black might make it. Both are promising, but the composure that Durnan shows on the ball is incredible, 1 because he is a centre back, and 2 because of his age.

I think both will make it to be honest, its unfortunate that Blacky has came through same time as Durns and Higgins have made such a formidable partnership, as he a very decent centre back, good on the ball and in the air along with a strong tackler. May take him a move back like Durns did to move forward.

Anyway, delighted with the news of today and yesterday. Really happy with Russell, basically see's us sorted upfront if Lyle signs although i still have my doubts with him. Brilliant for 10 15 minutes then he disappears, seen it a few times last year. But with Reilly, Russell and him i'd pretty much say there we'll be done up there, as Paton can cover, well that's if Magic and Sandy don't see him as a striker.

Thats the difference a year or two makes for a young player. Durnan was not seen as good enough by St.Johnstone , getting sent out on loan two or three times before let go. The other obvious one is Clark . Lets face it , most Queens fans would have turfed him out last summer and then what happened . Sometimes decisions are taken far too early on young footballers , before they are quite ready to show what they have got. I have high hopes for Black but he needs opportunities to let us see what he has.

Glad to see we have got Russell on board and getting Paton signed up again as the team is now taking shape but we still need to get a few more players signed up from last year squad.

Like most Queens fans Robinson and Higgins are the main players I like to see sign new contracts.

Robinson is fed up with the commute to Dumfries, he wants a club closer to home. Although I'd guess he'd move if a non central belt SPL club or English club wanted him.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Rumour I heard was that training was being moved completey to Dumfries. Would make some sense given the new shiny pitch and training facilities in the old Tesco building.

I agree that it might put some off signing for us but it was not very fair for all the local boys having to trail up the M74 every day. Part Strathclyde/ part Dumfries is the fairest mix and it doesn't take that long to get down/ up the motorway.

No pal it was in the Standard a couple of weeks ago that that the training would be part central belt / part doonhame.

Ah, excuse me whilst I take my pigeon out the back and shoot it!

Queens got themselves in deep trouble by giving two year contracts to players in the past. In the present economic climate in scottish football one year contracts are the only sensible way to manage the clubs finances.