The Queen of the South thread

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Right now, I'd be prepared to take our chances with an actual caretaker.

No janitor I know, would have made a worse fist of the job than Bartley has.

Yep that seems very fair.

My only concern is that we'd appoint the ubiquitous "Bertie" (Grant Murray) who has been assistant to our most recent 2 failed managers. He'd keep us up on goal difference and be rewarded with a 2 year deal.

8 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Possibility you might get a decent Pay Day in a few weeks as the Saturday night match might be the one Falkirk win promotion at.

Better give some though to where you might need to fit in 4000 Falkirk Fans. 

8 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Quite possibly.

I'd have thought given how far you, eventually, are ahead of all the sides in this league and how nobody in our support thinks we're anything but absolutely shite that we might be spared the crowd w**k stuff but sadly it seems not

What you might want to consider is that you have been in league 1 for only two seasons and in that time your attendances have what, halved? We have been languishing in league 1 for five seasons and our attendances in all that time have held up remarkably well, even during the horrible Holt / Sheerin / Rennie seasons and this season have actually increased, for obvious reasons.

With regards to the 2 recent games against Hamilton Accies, at the away game they had 1,813 home fans and we had 2,008 away fans. At the home game we had 5,455 home fans and they had 301 away fans.

Sure, we like to crowdwank, that's our thang, but we are also loyal as f*ck.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

22 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

What you might want to consider is that you have been in league 2 for only two seasons and in that time your attendances have what, halved? We have been languishing in league 2 for five seasons and our attendances in all that time have held up remarkably well, even during the horrible Holt / Sheerin / Rennie seasons and this season have actually increased, for obvious reasons.

With regards to the 2 recent games against Hamilton Accies, at the away game they had 1,813 home fans and we had 2,008 away fans. At the home game we had 5,455 home fans and they had 301 away fans.

Loyal, but apparently ignorant of what division you are actually playing in. 

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

b*****d! nice one mate, got me. An editing I must go! 

Sadly, unless there's a change soon, the way things are going then typing League 2 might not be an error for Queens fans in the near future.

After we lose to Stirling on Saturday the Binos could well be 6 points clear of us leaving us in a straight relegation dog fight with Annan ... the season from hell or what?

Still, Marvin says he's learned a lot from his experiences this season, so that'll be fine then.

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Sadly, unless there's a change soon, the way things are going then typing League 2 might not be an error for Queens fans in the near future.

Bartley will take us to the relagation playoffs.

How the board cannot see that I have no idea.

Now down to 700 odd fans what a disaster.

We should sack Bartley now but any new manager has a massive job trying to get our very poor squad to win games of football .

9 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

My only concern is that we'd appoint the ubiquitous "Bertie" (Grant Murray) who has been assistant to our most recent 2 failed managers. He'd keep us up on goal difference and be rewarded with a 2 year deal.

That's exactly the problem because who else takes charge ? 

Only person I can think of is Todd then if he does ok,,..the rest we can predict 🙈

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

What you might want to consider is that you have been in league 1 for only two seasons and in that time your attendances have what, halved? We have been languishing in league 1 for five seasons and our attendances in all that time have held up remarkably well, even during the horrible Holt / Sheerin / Rennie seasons and this season have actually increased, for obvious reasons.

No one cares. Go away. 

Would the board even care if we dropped to league 2? 

They certainly didn't give a shit us being relegated to this diversion and now with part time football around the corner would save even more cash till eventually the whole lot gets condemned and we can build houses on it...

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yep as tedious as the crowdwank thang is, and it is tedious the level of loyalty of the Falkirk fans is there for all to see. Fair play. 

10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Please god no. Get rid of him first. Failed at Raith. Failed under two managers. Presumably involved in recruiting some of the worst defenders I’ve ever seen. What does he actually do? If we had a decent assistant it may have helped Marv. 

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Still been 5 years in Division 1 though. That’s poor for a big club…

7 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Still been 5 years in Division 1 though. That’s poor for a big club…

Couldn't agree more.

However, in the those 5 years ineffective chairmen and board members (who thought that Gary Holt was a good appointment as a DOF) have been ousted and the fans have seen the advent of fan ownership and the Falkirk Supporters Society is now the largest shareholder in the club. We can all now have a say in how the club is managed and hopefully if we finally get promoted this season and things are well enough organised behind the scenes then we will never see ourselves in league 1 again. 🤞

Onwards and upwards.

35 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep as tedious as the crowdwank thang is, and it is tedious the level of loyalty of the Falkirk fans is there for all to see. Fair play. 

Maybe it's part of why they spent so long down here.

I'm not convinced that blind loyalty represents the most effective form of protest.  I don't want our support to be unconditional, to be taken for granted.

Yep it’s time to go Marvin. You should’ve been binned after Kelty defeat let’s be honest. 

But he’ll probably say he’s not that type of guy and fight until the end. There’s nothing he can do now though, over 90 per cent of fans want a change.
I hope supporters at the AGM don’t hold back. 

It’s not worked and I can’t be bothered with the usual and expected comments from players coming out saying they’ll fight for the manager.

The damage is done. The way we set up last night in a “must win” game was embarrassing. 

Have a bloody go! Maybe with the position we’re in now, we will. 

My totally uninformed guess is that if we lose the next two, placing us in genuine danger of slipping to 9th, he'll get sacked.

Failing that, this season will be allowed to fizzle out under him.  

Whether anything then happens, with a year still left on his contract, who knows? 

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Maybe it's part of why they spent so long down here.

I'm not convinced that blind loyalty represents the most effective form of protest.  I don't want our support to be unconditional, to be taken for granted.

I get this, as when we first got relegated I stayed away in protest at the board and certain members that I wanted gone. The only issue with it is you find different ways to fill your Saturday afternoons and a lot of fans might not come back. Out of the seven of us that went regularly, two of them still haven’t come back to games.