The Queen of the South thread

7 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Last night my thinking was that the new board must have been in place and just awaiting ratification and approval or had at least been sounded out.

Worryingly it looks like that isn't the case after all and no-one is lined up:

Queen of the South directors set to step down - BBC News

I'm pleased that Billy isn't keen on following up on foreign interest.  If a gulf state trust fund came to us, it would be our luck to find out that it was from Yemen!

I wouldn’t trust 1 word that BBC report. Have you ever listened to good morning Scotland ? The most right wing biased nonsense and inaccurate information you’re ever likely to hear

Edited by lesterplunkett

2 hours ago, lesterplunkett said:

I wouldn’t trust 1 word that BBC report. Have you ever listened to good morning Scotland ? The most right wing biased nonsense and inaccurate information you’re ever likely to hear

Wtf

10 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Yep, that’s why we were signing the likes of Rico Quitongo and Dave McKay and you were signing Liam Grimshaw and Alan Power. Yeah makes sense that our budgets are the same!

We also signed Steven Boyd, Grant Gillespie, Kirk Broadfooot (147) from a Lowland League side and a bunch of other cast-offs, so your cherry-picking still doesn't work. 

18 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Last night my thinking was that the new board must have been in place and just awaiting ratification and approval or had at least been sounded out.

Worryingly it looks like that isn't the case after all and no-one is lined up:

Queen of the South directors set to step down - BBC News

I'm pleased that Billy isn't keen on following up on foreign interest.  If a gulf state trust fund came to us, it would be our luck to find out that it was from Yemen!

That is slightly concerning in that it sounds a bit small time and up in the air. 

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

That is slightly concerning in that it sounds a bit small time and up in the air. 

Tinpot is the phrase you're looking for. This is QoS after all so no surprises in that.

12 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Tinpot is the phrase you're looking for. This is QoS after all so no surprises in that.

No way all the board would quit if they did not have a few offers to choose from for a new board. 

Right  now all I am concerned about is staying in League 1 made all  the more difficult with Bartley in charge till the end of the season .

All I ask is we have a go not play the 7 -2 -1 .

Go 4-3 -3  actually have a go trying to win a game of football .

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

You put it better than I ever could. Tinpot is right. This is a crucial juncture for the club and we need to consider all potential options, do due diligence and have a vision, strategy and business plan for the future. Not just punt it to Bob Smith from Thornhill and run away…I want to be surprised in a good way but if this is like their track record in identifying good managers then I’m afraid, 

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

No way all the board would quit if they did not have a few offers to choose from for a new board. 

Right  now all I am concerned about is staying in League 1 made all  the more difficult with Bartley in charge till the end of the season .

All I ask is we have a go not play the 7 -2 -1 .

Go 4-3 -3  actually have a go trying to win a game of football .

Yes we have to go out to try and win the key games. Relegation would be a disaster. Stay up then regroup. It really has been an awful watch this season. I had such high hopes for Marv but it just isn’t working and sadly I don’t see it getting any better with injured players back. The formation, selection and tactics last Saturday were appalling. It was a horrible watch. 

Serious question - Does anybody on here genuinely believe we're finishing higher than 9th? 

Absolutely resigned to this now and more worryingly I don't see us being able to see off the playoffs. Annan are awful but they have something we've not shown all season; the ability to grind out a result. 

This time next week they'll be 4 points behind us and I really don't know where another win comes for us. 

The board have "propelling the football club forward"  🤣

Full steam ahead!

V  That'll be them in the foreground.  V

Sinking Boat Ship Titanic Hits Iceberg Cartoon GIF | GIFDB.com

Edited by Slipmat

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Serious question - Does anybody on here genuinely believe we're finishing higher than 9th? 

Absolutely resigned to this now and more worryingly I don't see us being able to see off the playoffs. Annan are awful but they have something we've not shown all season; the ability to grind out a result. 

This time next week they'll be 4 points behind us and I really don't know where another win comes for us. 

I didn’t go. Had a really lovely walk again. First time I’ve enjoyed a Saturday afternoon in ages. One win in the last nine. Shambolic. How many goals have we conceded from set pieces this year. Not losing next week is key. 191 formation coming up. 

Just now, bod said:

Has Bartley no shame after that today and the midweek news why doesn't he just walk as well?

Only gripe today was not starting two upfront. strong line up picked bar that.poor defensive errors again cost the team.

Officials were very poor.

Bartley not my favourite but not much he can do with some of the awful play on the park. Schoolboy stuff at times.

2 minutes ago, bod said:

Has Bartley no shame after that today and the midweek news why doesn't he just walk as well?

He'll probably blame this latest setback on Dan Armstrong, SD & Homer T.  Apart from the BOD,  they're about the only people left at the club he hasn't blamed for this season's shitshow.

3 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Only gripe today was not starting two upfront. strong line up picked bar that.poor defensive errors again cost the team.

Officials were very poor.

Bartley not my favourite but not much he can do with some of the awful play on the park. Schoolboy stuff at times.

Are you kidding? Connelly out of position, Gibson available but goes with McGuffie, a new striker who appears to have been putting himself about and has scored a couple - benched still. The midfield looked totally disjointed on paper and was worse on the field. The ref was awful but Bartley had us on the backfoot right off the bat with that line-up. I literally said to my Mrs at half 2 that if our nephew wasn't mascot today I wouldn't have went after seeing the starting 11. 

Edited by 19QOS19

6 minutes ago, bod said:

Thought Todd and Reilly were the only two to show a bit of fight today, no coincidence they're both local lads.

Harsh on Cochrane. Thought he was the only midfielder getting stuck in. Brydon as well before he got injured.