The Queen of the South thread

If AJ were to move to Killie it would be one almighty smack in the ballocks before the season has even started.

He has moulded us into the team we are right now and I would expect most of those signed so far did so because they wanted the journey to continue under his guidance.

We've never had a manager good enough for anyone else to want. I'm not sure I know how to deal with this.

Connelly - st johnstone, Chisholm - dundee.

When connelly left I was disappointed but not too worried about it. When chisholm left I didnt really care one way or the other.

If johnston leaves I will be very dissapointed and worried about what happens next. It just feels like he has got the right attitude towards all aspects of the job - eye for a player, willing to play and nuture younger players, playing style, progressive training methods and his relationship with his players is fantastic (if you ever speak to any of them).

The thought of losing him and going back to an older style of manager leaves me cold.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Connelly - st johnstone, Chisholm - dundee.

When connelly left I was disappointed but not too worried about it. When chisholm left I didnt really care one way or the other.

If johnston leaves I will be very dissapointed and worried about what happens next. It just feels like he has got the right attitude towards all aspects of the job - eye for a player, willing to play and nuture younger players, playing style, progressive training methods and his relationship with his players is fantastic (if you ever speak to any of them).

The thought of losing him and going back to an older style of manager leaves me cold.

I was sorry to see Connelly go. He'd done really well for us and reversed years of decline.

Chisholm's departure was an absolute godsend however. He was hopeless and his leaving accelerated Dundee's deterioration, while arresting ours.

Should Johnston go, I'll feel very sorry for the same reasons you highlight. I do think however that despite his terrific achievements this season, the jury must remain out on him a little as it's such early days in his managerial career.

I think luck can be significant in any manager's first job and that circumstances have probably allowed Johnston to enjoy some.

Alright lads? Not sure what to make of AJ as a potential manager. I liked him when he played for us, and from what I've read on here, most of you seem like you would be gutted to lose him. So far, as far as I know, only AJ and Berg have been interviewed.

What do you think he could do at Kilmarnock? Serious quesion.

Whatever happens, all the best for the upcoming season.

:thumsup2

He has had a fantastic start to his managerial career but he is a young manager who is still learning his trade and is unproven at First Division level let alone the SPL.

I think it would be better both for his career and for any club who wished to appoint him in the future for him to gain experience of managing in the First.

I think he would probably do well at Kilmarnock but it would be a risk.

I was sorry to see Connelly go.  He'd done really well for us and reversed years of decline.

Chisholm's departure was an absolute godsend however.  He was hopeless and his leaving accelerated Dundee's deterioration, while arresting ours.

Should Johnston go, I'll feel very sorry for the same reasons you highlight.  I do think however that despite his terrific achievements this season, the jury must remain out on him a little as it's such early days in his managerial career. 

I think luck can be significant in any manager's first job and that circumstances have probably allowed Johnston to enjoy some.

I agree with you about him still being early in his career and it might turn out he hits a bit of reality this season with queens. But I just have a feeling he could continue to do really well and id rather he did that with us than elsewhere.

We might still have won the league with a traditional type of manager but the manner in which his team did it, coupled with all the positive noises made by players and staff about the running of the club, has helped turn the disaster of the relegation season and the rangers vote situation into a feeling of optimism that might not have been there under an old school manager. IMO.

I agree with you about him still being early in his career and it might turn out he hits a bit of reality this season with queens. But I just have a feeling he could continue to do really well and id rather he did that with us than elsewhere.

We might still have won the league with a traditional type of manager but the manner in which his team did it, coupled with all the positive noises made by players and staff about the running of the club, has helped turn the disaster of the relegation season and the rangers vote situation into a feeling of optimism that might not have been there under an old school manager. IMO.

I agree with all of that.

He's done better than could realistically be asked of anyone. I just think it's possible he'll not prove to be the managerial genius in the longer term that he's thus far appeared.

If we lose him, that's the thought I'll use to deal with it.