The Queen of the South thread

There is no ticket information to give at the moment. The Board were awaiting decisions on the league structure before finalising pricing and we now need to get the tickets printed before they can go on sale. Hopefully info on this soon.

If your next step is printing tickets then you will surely now know pricing? All I want to know as a Raith Rovers fan is what the gate prices will be as QOS are the only club in the division that we still don't have gate prices for.

Will things be any clearer tonight after AJ has met with the squad, had their first day of pre-season training and then had his meeting with Mr Kilmarnock?

That's presuming AJ attends the training session!

Will things be any clearer tonight after AJ has met with the squad, had their first day of pre-season training and then had his meeting with Mr Kilmarnock?

AJ may not even be there. It is usually just fitness testing on the first day so Andy Leishman and Crawford Quinn could probably run that.

Guest Flash

If your next step is printing tickets then you will surely now know pricing? All I want to know as a Raith Rovers fan is what the gate prices will be as QOS are the only club in the division that we still don't have gate prices for.

The price doesn't need to be known before season tickets are printed because the price doesn't have to appear anywhere on the ticket book.

I agree that it would be better to know the prices sooner rather than later, but I don't see how the timing of the season ticket printing affects anything.

I would have thought from the club's point of view getting season tickets out asap would be a priority because it affects cash flow. They could have been printed without the name of the league or the division on them eg "QOS season ticket 2013/14" with a note that they are valid for league games only. And the number of scheduled league games would have been the same whether it had been SPL 2, SFL 1 or SPFL whatever because all had 10 teams. So I don't know why the change in league body affects either the price or the timing of printing.

I reckon the feeling of QoS fans on here must be very similar to those of the Motherwell fans earlier when Stuart McColl decided to be interviewed by Sheffield United. In the end he chose to stay at Motherwell.

Who knows what decision AJ will make once he has all the facts to make his decision.

Best of luck for the season ahead anyway.

But it still my own opinion is that you wont get a Shiels or Hartley due to location and size of club factor, both of which were names mentioned...

You'll get no argument from me on the size of the club deterring such candidates. I don't however accept that location would play a significant part at all.

Really , really think the club should have come out with some kind of statement even if they don't know either way if he is going. Its the bloody silence that is sooo frustrating but not surprising at all

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Of course hes going to go to a bigger club,queen of the south will never get to the top table, good luck to him

If there's nothing to tell why would they issue a statement? I'm sure the guy who deals with the website has better things to do with his life than keep queens up to date on nothing.
Don't agree with that .We have had to rely on the Daily Ranger and the Sun to keep us up to date on this matter. If it was up to Queens , then I have no doubt that we wouldn't even know that someone was after our manager. The silence is leading lots of would be experts in telling us what is going to transpire . Personally think it would be a very bad move for him especially with the support united against the chairman and prominent individuals having already stated their desire to re-instate Sheils in whatever capacity . Would you need that stress when you can have a good season here , then move on if need be ? Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app Edited by Mr X

I have heard that Black has signed for Annan. Not really pleased with that . They have picked up a player who is better than the level they operate so well done to them.

Prob offered him more than £130 a week, or first team football

I have heard that Black has signed for Annan. Not really pleased with that . They have picked up a player who is better than the level they operate so well done to them.

Thats really dissapointing. He has looked more than capable in his limited outings. David Hutton for keeper? or maybe Graeme Smith

Thats really dissapointing.  He has looked more than capable in his limited outings.  David Hutton for keeper? or maybe Graeme Smith

That is my thoughts exactly regarding Black but I guess he will see the Durnan/ Higgins partnership take a bit of shifting and take the regular game at Galabank. As for our new number one , I haven't really gave much thought yet. I did really rate Hutton . One bad mistake doesn't make a bad keeper and he isn't.

There was an article with quotes from Billy Hewitson in yesterday's Standard discussing Kilmarnock's approach.

The criticism of the club for supposedly keeping the fans in the dark has baffled me for years.

I would guess that the only reason Hewitson was talking about it in the Standard was because the subject was unavoidable. Having ' Johnson for Killie ' headlines all over the press for the previous week or two.

Edited by JrsLeftPeg70