The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, qos_75 said:

Ah yes, the Count enjoyed our march towards the title that season.

He was introduced around Β the time of the festive fixtures. Counting down the 10 wins he thought would be required to secure the title.

I can’t remember now,, but I think we won it quicker than the Count first predicted - ahahaha!Β 

Anyway, the Count approves of fun with misplaced apostrophe’s.Β 
Β 

Β 

The Count ... truly a fine body of work! Fondly remembered.

2 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

Β 

The website is intended for desktops, the mobile app is intended for mobiles.Β 

It would help if you could be more specific about what's harder to find and what's not user friendlyΒ 

For some reason once the landing page has fully loaded all the main menu tabs to the right of the "Commercial" one (ie Community / Facilities / Shop / Contact) get knocked down onto a lower line, with white text on a light grey background, and can't be clicked on or expanded.Β  Β For some reason this issue sorts itself out if you scroll down the homepage slightly as the four options mentioned above are suddenly re-instated to the same line as the news / teams /club etc options and the sub-menus appear.Β  Took me a long time to notice that though, and at first the only way I could figure out how to view items in the shop I had to search for "shop", click on the opening times, and then "shop online.Β 

I also feel that too much of the homepage is devoted to and dominated by links to youtube videos and socials instead of items or features on the O/S itself.Β  Maybe it's just me, but if I want to see what the club has posted on X for example, I will look at the club's X feed on X rather than through a link to an individual post which brings up a pop-up, or if I want to watch a say a post-match interview I'll watch it on youtube itself.Β  Chances are I've already seen the social posts and videos before visiting the O/S so find all the links / pop-ups unnecessary.Β  All down to personal preference and where you find your news I suppose.

Lastly, I'm not sure why if you click anywhere on a past individual match in the fixtures section you get a pop-up showing a video link/photo and a google map but little else unless you click directly on the match report button.Β  Seems a bit pointless.

As I say though, everyone has their own preferences.

47 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Wouldn't it be a coincidence if a Sesame street related song was played at the game on Saturday?Β 

The Count would have to come back then... Shirley?Β 

As if that might ever happen ... πŸ™„

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Misread that, thought maybe Marvin Bartley was coming back.

Take a bow ... worth more than a greenie tbf. πŸ‘

16 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

For some reason once the landing page has fully loaded all the main menu tabs to the right of the "Commercial" one (ie Community / Facilities / Shop / Contact) get knocked down onto a lower line, with white text on a light grey background, and can't be clicked on or expanded.Β  Β For some reason this issue sorts itself out if you scroll down the homepage slightly as the four options mentioned above are suddenly re-instated to the same line as the news / teams /club etc options and the sub-menus appear.Β  Took me a long time to notice that though, and at first the only way I could figure out how to view items in the shop I had to search for "shop", click on the opening times, and then "shop online.Β 

Thats fair enough. Its only a problem on smaller screens/resolutions but it does need fixed

I also feel that too much of the homepage is devoted to and dominated by links to youtube videos and socials instead of items or features on the O/S itself.Β  Maybe it's just me, but if I want to see what the club has posted on X for example, I will look at the club's X feed on X rather than through a link to an individual post which brings up a pop-up, or if I want to watch a say a post-match interview I'll watch it on youtube itself.Β  Chances are I've already seen the social posts and videos before visiting the O/S so find all the links / pop-ups unnecessary.Β  All down to personal preference and where you find your news I suppose.

Also fair. The idea is to highlight the social media content to people who dont have social media but theres definitely an argument to say the balance could be better.

Lastly, I'm not sure why if you click anywhere on a past individual match in the fixtures section you get a pop-up showing a video link/photo and a google map but little else unless you click directly on the match report button.Β  Seems a bit pointless.

As I say though, everyone has their own preferences.

Im not sure I understand this one. Theres a direct link to the match report and the match gallery on the main fixtures section. That hasnt changed from before - well, it has because the gallery link wasnt there.

If you click on the fixture before the game you will just get an image, but afterwards, there should be video, either of a post match interview or the highlights, when they become available. We never had any link to the highlights from the fixture page before.

Also, the image slider on the homepage has direct links to the report, gallery and highlights, so it should be easier to get to all the post match content.