The Queen of the South thread

We miss McKenna we were struggling to get a hold of games until yesterday, not out of the woods yet and McKenna improves us.

Have to stop this but I find myself agreeing with you again Broony88. If fit, McKenna would be a shoe-in for me where McShane plays. Burns has never inspired me in the middle of midfield, too lightweight, although to be fair he's not afraid to put in a tackle. In his previous spell with us I felt his best performances were when playing out wide but we are adequately covered in that position just now. When all players are available the Manager will have some brave decisions to make. There does not seem to be much "tinkering" needed to the line-up after yesterday's game and I hope the Manager's experimentation phase is over. Let's get as settled a team as possible.

Have to stop this but I find myself agreeing with you again Broony88. If fit, McKenna would be a shoe-in for me where McShane plays. Burns has never inspired me in the middle of midfield, too lightweight, although to be fair he's not afraid to put in a tackle. In his previous spell with us I felt his best performances were when playing out wide but we are adequately covered in that position just now. When all players are available the Manager will have some brave decisions to make. There does not seem to be much "tinkering" needed to the line-up after yesterday's game and I hope the Manager's experimentation phase is over. Let's get as settled a team as possible.

Honestly think we miss burns too he usually drives the midfield on and is an attackin threat. McKenna is a bigger miss but when everyone is fit I would bring him in for Derek young and bring burns in for mcshane.

Has anyone mentioned the goalkeeping situation for Saturday ? Is Clark available ? If not who will play ?

This may cross over into the Cup V League debate and which is more important but I think if Zander Clark is not available then it would be an opportunity to give Jim Atkinson some game time on Saturday, even if Antell is fit. A good cup run can be great for the club as we all know from past experience but we also need to know what our back-up keeper is capable of. With the current situation regarding Antell's injury not to mention the ongoing concerns about his ability there has been no better time for the regular sub goalie to stake a claim, especially as Clark will not be here for very long. It may also show Antell that there is serious competition for his position assuming of course that Atkinson, if tried, does prove to be a capable replacement. Also with a more settled defence there may not be as much pressure on the keeper.

This may cross over into the Cup V League debate and which is more important but I think if Zander Clark is not available then it would be an opportunity to give Jim Atkinson some game time on Saturday, even if Antell is fit. A good cup run can be great for the club as we all know from past experience but we also need to know what our back-up keeper is capable of. With the current situation regarding Antell's injury not to mention the ongoing concerns about his ability there has been no better time for the regular sub goalie to stake a claim, especially as Clark will not be here for very long. It may also show Antell that there is serious competition for his position assuming of course that Atkinson, if tried, does prove to be a capable replacement. Also with a more settled defence there may not be as much pressure on the keeper.

That makes perfect sense to me, although I fear Atkinson may be completely out of his depth. He just looks so slight.

That makes perfect sense to me, although I fear Atkinson may be completely out of his depth. He just looks so slight.

Possibly MB but the previous manager must have thought him an able back-up although he didn't get a chance to prove it with Lee Robinson in the form he was. The present Manager's position is slightly different as Atkinson may already have been under contract before he took over but once Antell was signed McIntyre did not feel the need, or maybe didn't have the money, to sign another back-up keeper. He did bring in Zander Clark on loan but with results the way they were he may have felt that a fresh face with maybe a wee bit more experience was needed. Assuming we are not going down the road of getting a procession of loan keepers we have to be sure that the ones we do have can step in if needed, at least until any potential business can be done during the next transfer window, and I think this cup game would be an opportunity, if not exactly ideal, for him to do so. It could be argued that the same applies to earlier cup games and he could have tried him then, but it was still early in the season and he probably wanted to establish his signing as first choice.

No way in hell should we play Atkinson . Antell may be bad but Atkinson is worse . Hopefully we bring in a goalkeeper in January.

Heard that one of the under19s goalkeepers has left so when antell is fit and hopefully we bring in another goalkeeper , Atkinson will move back down to his age group and play for the under19s

No way in hell should we play Atkinson . Antell may be bad but Atkinson is worse . Hopefully we bring in a goalkeeper in January.

Heard that one of the under19s goalkeepers has left so when antell is fit and hopefully we bring in another goalkeeper , Atkinson will move back down to his age group and play for the under19s

Having never seen Atkinson play competetively apart from his 15 minutes or so against Albion Rovers, I have to bow to your obvious greater knowledge of his ability. I would be interested to know on what you base your criticism of Atkinson on and in what competitions you have seen him play to make this assessment.

Having never seen Atkinson play competetively apart from his 15 minutes or so against Albion Rovers, I have to bow to your obvious greater knowledge of his ability. I would be interested to know on what you base your criticism of Atkinson on and in what competitions you have seen him play to make this assessment.

I have seen him play in various reserve and under19s games . Fair enough he ain't been tested much In reserve games but when he has been called on sometimes he is poor. Last year watched a few under 19 games and he wasnt great . Hope I am proved wrong and he has improved

Guest TOPFITTER

WOW now there's an opinion and a half,, care to share the basis for your judgement ? Not had the chance to make a mistake for the first team and he is finished already !!!!!

posted after you had replied above, still not very fair in my opinion.

Edited by TOPFITTER

Atkinsons been on the books for what? 2, 3 years now.

Surely if he had no future he would have been punted by now?

Because he is still young. He should really be playing for the under19s still but we went with having a cheap option as second choice if he was good enough do you actual think he would have brought in zander Clark,? Atkinson is just there to sit on the bench and play reserves/ under 19s

Because he is still young. He should really be playing for the under19s still but we went with having a cheap option as second choice if he was good enough do you actual think he would have brought in zander Clark,? Atkinson is just there to sit on the bench and play reserves/ under 19s

If Antell is injured then obviously we need another keeper can't imagine the keeper below Atkinson is able to step in if Atkinson was then to get injured. Wonder if we will try to get Clark or someone similar on loan for 6 months.

If Antell is injured then obviously we need another keeper can't imagine the keeper below Atkinson is able to step in if Atkinson was then to get injured. Wonder if we will try to get Clark or someone similar on loan for 6 months.

But if Atkinson was good enough we would have just got the other under 19 goalkeeper, who is playing really well I hear, to sit on bench like Atkinson did but he isnt good enough so we brought in another goalkeeper

I have seen him play in various reserve and under19s games . Fair enough he ain't been tested much In reserve games but when he has been called on sometimes he is poor. Last year watched a few under 19 games and he wasnt great . Hope I am proved wrong and he has improved

Your judgement may prove to be be spot on griegQOS, but we won't know if he is not tried at some stage. As there is only this cup and the league to play in now, if he is to be tried I think it should be in this game. In hindsight perhaps Magic could have used him a bit more towards the end of last season after the league was won and points record set just to give him a bit more experience and to give us and the club a chance to see what he could do. Unfortunately for him in the cup competitions already played this season Mr. McIntyre was probably rightly trying to get his own signings to gel with what was already here or Atkinson could have been tried then. There is a lot to play for between now and January and its a long time to wait before deciding if your keepers are up to the job.

Firstly, congratulations on your win at the weekend.

It was pleasing to read and hear that both Danny and Gavin started and that Gavin scored for you. In the past when I’ve watched them their energy and enthusiasm seemed to be infectious throughout the team and those watching.

Is it just a coincidence that Queens won with them both starting?