The Queen of the South thread

Gavin is so underrated IMO, first line of defence nobody better in this division. He gives defenders no peace and makes it so difficult for teams to play from the back resulting in us getting possession back quicker. When Lyle was playing this role teams were just strolling out from the back and putting us under immediate pressure.

Edited by Broony88

Guest TOPFITTER

Meet The Manger Night

7.30pm in the Tartan Lounge, Palmerston
16th November 2013

Entry: £5 (£3 for Trust Members) price includes a snack.

The Top Table for the evening is expected to be (unless there are last minute changes),

Jim McIntyre (Manager)

Gerry McCabe (Assistant Manager)

Ross Hughes (Sports Scientist)

Iain Russell (Player)

Ryan McGuffie (Player)

There will be a raffle during the evening and a chance to mingle with and talk to our manager and his team.

UPDATE

there will be 80 tickets for the night.

Edited by TOPFITTER

Meet The Manger Night

16th November 2013

The Top Table for the evening is expected to be (unless there are last minute changes),

Jim McIntyre (Manager)

Iain Russell (Player)

Ryan McGuffie (Player)

There will be a raffle during the evening and a chance to mingle with and talk to our manager and his team.

[/quot

Sounds good . How many tickets have you sold so far ? Will tickets be available to buy on Saturday at Palmerston ?

Gavin is so underrated IMO, first line of defence nobody better in this division. He gives defenders no peace and makes it so difficult for teams to play from the back resulting in us getting possession back quicker. When Lyle was playing this role teams were just strolling out from the back and putting us under immediate pressure.

Absolutely this. Defenders hate Reilly snapping at their heels. Lets see more starts for him.

Guest TOPFITTER

Meet The Manger Night

16th November 2013

Jim McIntyre (Manager)

Iain Russell (Player)

Ryan McGuffie (Player)

[/quot

Sounds good . How many tickets have you sold so far ? Will tickets be available to buy on Saturday at Palmerston ?

Tickets should be available on Saturday or from any QUEENS TRUST Committee Member.

or,

email ; topfitter01@gmail.com

phone ; 07762628405

advance orders of about 25 so far.

Tickets should be available on Saturday or from any QUEENS TRUST Committee Member.

or,

email ; topfitter01@gmail.com

phone ; 07762628405

advance orders of about 25 so far.

How many can the lounge hold ? Something I want to attend but won't know until a few days before. Good value think you could of squeezed a bit more especially with the proceeds going to the trust or youth development. Not sure which but I imagine it will be one or the other ?

No way in hell should we play Atkinson . Antell may be bad but Atkinson is worse . Hopefully we bring in a goalkeeper in January.

Heard that one of the under19s goalkeepers has left so when antell is fit and hopefully we bring in another goalkeeper , Atkinson will move back down to his age group and play for the under19s

Having myself not missed many reserve/under19s games home or away,your assesment greigQOS is spot on.

Guest TOPFITTER

How many can the lounge hold ? Something I want to attend but won't know until a few days before. Good value think you could of squeezed a bit more especially with the proceeds going to the trust or youth development. Not sure which but I imagine it will be one or the other ?

There will be 80 tickets for the night.

The obvious question is where would we be in the league if JM had played this team from the start . Some would say its hypothetical but I would say a lot better off.

It is indeed hypothetical. Anyone with eyes would however conclude that we'd be very much better off.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

The obvious question is where would we be in the league if JM had played this team from the start . Some would say its hypothetical but I would say a lot better off.

There's no "Some would say" about it. It is completely hypothetical but of course that doesn't mean you can't speculate if you wish.

It is indeed hypothetical. Anyone with eyes would however conclude that we'd be very much better off.

I don't think it is possible to conclude anything from hypothetical situations. If Magic and the whole squad from last season were still here we may well have been top of the table with full points, still in the Ramsdens Cup and League Cup OR bottom of the League with nil points and out of all the cups at the earliest stages. We can speculate, wish or dream of what might have been but we will unfortunately never know. I prefer to deal in reality which means accepting that situations have changed too much since last season to bother with pointless comparisons.

Pointless hypothetical are things such as who is better Steven Dobbie, or Jim Patterson, Pele or Messi etc.* Players playing in vastly different circumstances in a different era.

Comparing last season to this, when the squad is largely the same is a pretty fair benchmark.

Although I agree it is perhaps time to "move on" with regard to the fact that Messrs. Johnston, Clark and Robinson have moved on, this notion that we should just forget last season ever happened is quite frankly ridiculous, and the frequent regularity this notion is suggested is starting to get extremely irritating.

* The answer is Dobbie and Messi.

Indeed.

It would be even more interesting to see where would be if the team wasn't still being handicapped.