The Queen of the South thread

The published SPFL rules say that loans have to be from one window to the next. The only exception is that goalkeepers can be loaned outwith that period in exceptional circumstances. Which would, presumably, include an injury to the first choice keeper.

The previous SFL rule allowing loans of any player outside the registration period isn't published in the SPFL rules.

ETA Although it does look like a Premiership player can be loaned to a lower division club for a period that doesn't have to end at the next window. But it still looks like it would have to start with one.

It is possible I'm missing the 28 day to 3 months rule. Otherwise, it isn't published.

Edited by Flash

Ok SD, so why is there a transfer window ? You can just go and bring in whoever you want all season round then and outwith any window.A farce even because teams get enough of a chance to sign who they think they require . This suits teams that have made bad signing decisions . Better not go there .

Again, I've no idea what point you are trying to make here? You can think it's a farce if you like but it's been about for a decade or so and nothing's new here. It's not allowed in the top division but in the other three clubs can loan players from other clubs for anything between 28 and 93 days if they wish.

You seem to be trying to make out that we've suddenly pulled some sort of flanker here. We haven't. We've had plenty of players in and out on emergency loans outwith the windows over the last decade, as have every other lower division club I'd be willing to bet. Hamilton presently have striker Andy Ryan out on a month's loan to Brechin for instance to get him some first team starts.

The published SPFL rules say that loans have to be from one window to the next. The only exception is that goalkeepers can be loaned outwith that period in exceptional circumstances. Which would, presumably, include an injury to the first choice keeper.

The previous SFL rule allowing loans of any player outside the registration period isn't published in the SPFL rules.

ETA Although it does look like a Premiership player can be loaned to a lower division club for a period that doesn't have to end at the next window. But it still looks like it would have to start with one.

It is possible I'm missing the 28 day to 3 months rule. Otherwise, it isn't published.

It isn't published. It wasn't published by the SFL previously either. The SFL sent a circular out to clubs every year clarifying the Emergency Loan rules in existence. Not sure why they didn't publish it, they published pretty much everything else. The SPFL have so far not published the Emergency Loan rules either and nor have they actually circulated them to clubs. They do exist though and have been slightly changed from the old SFL ones. Under the SFL there was no limit to the number of them you might have in theory, there is now. Under the SFL you couldn't loan a player to a club in the same division but you can now. Hence Gallagher of Rangers is on loan at Airdrie. Top division clubs still cannot do them though, that's why they don't appear in the general SPFL published rules. Edited by Skyline Drifter

In today's standard that zander Clark has extended his loan until transfer window

Can I ask how he's done? I've read a few pages and the posts are generally quite positive and he doesn't seem to have conceded too many goals?

Can I ask how he's done? I've read a few pages and the posts are generally quite positive and he doesn't seem to have conceded too many goals?

Saturday past was my first time seeing Clark, and although it would be easy to get carried away because of the ineptitude of the boy he is replacing, the signs look positive.

He is obviously a commanding presence due to his height, something our previous 'keeper was drastically lacking, fighting through the pack on a number of occasions to retrieve the ball from corners.

He didn't have really have any shots to save in that game, but I will assume he is a "good shot stopper" because that is should be the minimum requirement for a goalkeeper.

I don't know how much the strong wind was a factor in this, but I noticed both at the warm-up and during the game that he has a hell of a kick on him. Too many of his clearances went straight over the head of everyone and into the possession of the Hamilton goalie. He definitely has the power to "do a Begovic".

He's pretty solid, his presence and talking already makes him an improvement on Antell, He's made a few good saves but has had a couple of flaps. Solid Player which is what we need at the moment in goals.

Clark is having the benefit of playing behind a much stronger central defencive pair than Antell ever had, Clark has had a few flaps that he has got away with whereas Antell seemed to get punished .

Queens fans seem to be of the , if we let a goal in it must be the keepers fault order.

Hope Antell gets back between the sticks quickly and proves the knockers wrong .....

Queens fans seem to be of the , if we let a goal in it must be the keepers fault order.

Hope Antell gets back between the sticks quickly and proves the knockers wrong .....

Hardly, most however have witnessed Antell practically throw the ball into his own net on numerous occasions though.

Signing a keeper from a side that finished second bottom of a league we romped last season was a strange one. However, I feel a bit sorry for him.

Definitely this.

I feel very sorry for Antell, but there's no doubt that our initial concerns were not misplaced.

The new guy has done OK, but he was badly at fault for one goal at Dundee and less than blameless for the other.

I hope it goes well for both when called upon, but I'm not yet confident that we've sorted the position, even in the immediate short term.