The Queen of the South thread

I agree with mr x. Gav was winning flick ons then having to chase them. Don't get me wrong Lyle had better chances of the two but then again he didn't take them, I think he flatters to deceive massively. Also yes Paton is far better cutting in. Surely McIntyre would know this from last year?!

I agree with mr x. Gav was winning flick ons then having to chase them. Don't get me wrong Lyle had better chances of the two but then again he didn't take them, I think he flatters to deceive massively. Also yes Paton is far better cutting in. Surely McIntyre would know this from last year?!

Lyle more effective coming on as sub.

Russell and young gav should be tried up front.

The very poor home form and the fact that we don't train at Palmerston to try and rectify it , to me , is utterly bemusing . Now , I don't claim to be a football guru but familiarity of the surface might actually make them more comfortable on it . I would be interested to see if anyone can actually come out and say that the present policy is the best one for us.

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

The very poor home form and the fact that we don't train at Palmerston to try and rectify it , to me , is utterly bemusing . Now , I don't claim to be a football guru but familiarity of the surface might actually make them more comfortable on it . I would be interested to see if anyone can actually come out and say that the present policy is the best one for us.

Training up there or down here doesnt really bother me too much but I dont see why we cant train down here at least once a week now that we have a surface that can take extra usage.

Training up there or down here doesnt really bother me too much but I dont see why we cant train down here at least once a week now that we have a surface that can take extra usage.

We wouldn't want to inconvenience or upset the Central Belt clique by actually expecting them to travel an hour down the road to where their club is based. Comments on other posts say they do train at Palmerston once a week at present but, like you, I would think if they are struggling to master the surface it should be twice a week minimum with double sessions to help both fitness and work on ball control.

Who's to say we don't train on the artificial surface at glasgow green. I just don't think we can say there not used to the surface when there pro footballers who the same as any amateur (or whatever level) must have played on the worst surfaces in scotland.

Who's to say we don't train on the artificial surface at glasgow green. I just don't think we can say there not used to the surface when there pro footballers who the same as any amateur (or whatever level) must have played on the worst surfaces in scotland.

I have no doubt they train on 3/4 G pitches but I guarantee they all play a bit differently . Again , I don't agree at all with the present policy . Lets hope the main reason they don't come down here is the inconvenience of having to.

Focusing on the pitch isnt the answer, in my opinion.

Our away form isnt exactly great either - our two wins coming against an awful Morton side and Alloa (on an artificial pitch worse than ours). Other than that, we've only drawn against Livingston at a time when they were poor, and it took them going down to 10 men and a late equaliser to get that point!

It's an obvious conclusion to jump to, but I also agree that our poor home form is nothing to do with the pitch.

Watching the slow, laborious and predictable way McIntyre has us playing, it's as if we're playing on a heavy, waterlogged pitch. I dread to think what our performances will be like when we actually are.

It's an obvious conclusion to jump to, but I also agree that our poor home form is nothing to do with the pitch.

Watching the slow, laborious and predictable way McIntyre has us playing, it's as if we're playing on a heavy, waterlogged pitch. I dread to think what our performances will be like when we actually are.

Without getting the result we deserved against Dundee I thought we actually played quite well.

We should split it half and half

Train in Dumfries Monday and Tuesday

Then the rest of the week at Broadwood.

We must try and get more time on the new pitch

Take Danny Carmichael he does not look happy on the new pitch

He needs to train on it so he can turn with the ball just really get to no what the new pitch will and will not let him do.