The Queen of the South thread

Why pay for broadwood when palmerston is free. And with the indoor facility coming its a no brainer. Central belt players should be made to travel as part of any new/future contracts

Well done . This is a great reason in itself to train at Palmerston never mind the other obvious ones. I am assuming that Qos pay to use Broadwood . If so , why would you spend money on that when you can use Palmerston for nothing . The overall facilities are going to improve at Palmerston in the near future as well. Again , a no brainer . We , as a club , have not got cash to waste.

I would assume the club are waiting for the training facilities to be completed before putting them into use. They were clearly built for a reason.

I also remember a statement from Billy Hewitson at the start of the season saying that training in Dumfries was on the agenda.

Nothing like a good knicker-wetting though.

I would assume the club are waiting for the training facilities to be completed befiiore putting them into use. They were clearly built for a reason.

I also remember a statement from Billy Hewitson at the start of the season saying that training in Dumfries was on the agenda.

Nothing like a good knicker-wetting though.

Don't know about the knicker wetting but it will be a good day when this all finally happens . Heaven knows , the local players could even occasionally visit primary schools in the area instead of travelling up and down the motorway.. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Are we sure we train at broadwood every day. Just seem to remember a football course at Cumbernauld college that used broadwood every day.

You're not questioning the great Skyline Drifter are you ?

There's nothing this guy doesn't know ..........apparently ;)

I'm not sure why we think the players are struggling with the Palmerston pitch. After all the opposing players seem to have the hang of it and they have only used it once!

You are unlikely to get two grass pitches the same. However, I can't imagine anyone would suggest the players need train on the turf more often.

I can see the economic argument for training ion our plastic though.

Don't know about the knicker wetting but it will be a good day when this all finally happens . Heaven knows , the local players could even occasionally visit primary schools in the area instead of travelling up and down the motorway..

I think the local players do more than their share of bringing the club into the community. It would be nice to think that, if the training was at Palmerston, some of the Central Belt players would take on their share of such duties.

I think the local players do more than their share of bringing the club into the community. It would be nice to think that, if the training was at Palmerston, some of the Central Belt players would take on their share of such duties.

Agreed.

Notice the club are doing a Xmas shopping special early December at club shop same as last year when ALL players & management will be in attendance.

Hope we get one or two good results before then.

Presumably the squad will be training at Palmerston that day!!!

Guest TOPFITTER
MEET THE MANAGER NIGHT

GET YOUR MEET THE MANAGER TICKETS TODAY AT PALMERSTON,

from Trust Committee Members,

or phone 07762628405 or topfitter01@gmail.com, thanks bigsmile.gif

110j5aq.jpg

MEET THE MANAGER

OK folks today and tomorrow left to get your, MEET THE MANAGER tickets !

They will be on sale until event start or sold – out. 07762628405 or topfitter01@gmail.com

There has been plenty talked about this season so far, ask the question you want Jim McIntyre to answer.

110j5aq.jpg

5 games in a row without a league win at home is the worst record in the division and beats anything Gus achieved. His worst run was 3 home games without a win.

We're also just 1 point ahead of where we were at this stage under Gus. (ETA and that is with 6 home, 6 away whereas Gus had 5 home 7 away).

Edited by Flash

5 games in a row without a league win at home is the worst record in the division and beats anything Gus achieved. His worst run was 3 home games without a win.

We're also just 1 point ahead of where we were at this stage under Gus. (ETA and that is with 6 home, 6 away whereas Gus had 5 home 7 away).

After that opening day thriller, you would never ever have envisaged this.

After that opening day thriller, you would never ever have envisaged this.

4 goals in that game, then 2 in the next 5. Or 2 goals in 7.5 hours of football at Palmerston. If we can call it that.

A win against Morton following our recent progression into the next round of the Scottish Cup may be enough to ensure an easier ride for Jim Mc at the "Meet the Manager" event in the evening. If the players are really behind him as they claim, then I expect a positive and attacking attitude against the 'Ton.

A win against Morton following our recent progression into the next round of the Scottish Cup may be enough to ensure an easier ride for Jim Mc at the "Meet the Manager" event in the evening. If the players are really behind him as they claim, then I expect a positive and attacking attitude against the 'Ton.

Lose today and the evening may be called "Meet the NEW manager"