The Queen of the South thread

Pointless Kevan is indeed Kevin Osnowski who played five first team games for Queens in 1970/71. He also played for Lincluden Swifts and in season 1984/85 was playing for English non league side Hampton & Richmond Borough. There's a photo of him in the squad if you google his name and the club.

Pointless Kevan is indeed Kevin Osnowski who played five first team games for Queens in 1970/71. He also played for Lincluden Swifts and in season 1984/85 was playing for English non league side Hampton & Richmond Borough. There's a photo of him in the squad if you google his name and the club.

Indeed.

Here is a link http://www.non-leagueclubdirectory.co.uk/index.php/clubs/club-year/hampton-and-richmond-borough-1984-1985

Well we have a difference of opinion between:

My mate phoned me and said that there was someone on the quiz show Pointless called Kevin who used to play for Queens . Turned on tv and said McCann down the phone almost straight away. For me , the wingers most memorable act was scoring the first goal in a famous - at the time - SC victory over Motherwell in early 80 at Palmerston. Strange seeing someone on television that I hadn't seen for over thirty years but recognised him instantly all the same.

and:

Am 90% certain that the Kevin was not kevan McCann.

Mccann's main claim to fame was scoring for Airdrie in the 1975 cup final in a 3-1 defeat to Celtic and I think he would have mentioned that if reminiscing about his career. He also didn't look like McCann in the least.

I vaguely remember kevan osnowski and I would say it is more likely that this is who it was.

backed by:

Weight of evidence is seems to suggest it was Osnowski. Certainly from that photo it does look like him.

I could be wrong as these two seem very definite about it. I looked at an old team photo to double check and still say that the guy on Pointless looks similar to to Kevin McCann although I concede it might not be him.

I read one comment on Facebook from someone claiming it was definitely Osnowski as he is their sister in law's next door neighbour or something. Unless that's an outright lie it seems clear it was Osnowski. As others have said, had it been McCann I find it hard to believe that the first thing mentioned wouldn't have been his Cup Final goal, rather than playing a few games for Queen of the South.

I read one comment on Facebook from someone claiming it was definitely Osnowski as he is their sister in law's next door neighbour or something. Unless that's an outright lie it seems clear it was Osnowski. As others have said, had it been McCann I find it hard to believe that the first thing mentioned wouldn't have been his Cup Final goal, rather than playing a few games for Queen of the South.

As I said , looks like I am mistaken but look at page 151 of the Queens History Book 1919-1995 to see if you can see any similarity . I think there is and this is why I said McCann. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

This one for Skyline Drifter only please . Without checking , another ex Qos player scored in the 1975 SC final . Who was it ?

Having searched for the image of McCann scoring I know this but wouldn`t have known who it was without checking

In addition another player in the Celtic line-up also subsequently played for QOS and another was a future member of our coaching staff.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

This one for Skyline Drifter only please . Without checking , another ex Qos player scored in the 1975 SC final . Who was it ?

Well it's well before my time but I know Celtic beat Airdrie and McCann got the Airdrie goal. At a guess for a Celtic player from the 70's who went on to play for us I'd say Pat McCluskey?

Having searched for the image of McCann scoring I know this but wouldn`t have known who it was without checking

In addition another player in the Celtic line-up also subsequently played for QOS and another was a future member of our coaching staff.

Hadn't seen this when I posted the first answer. I thought it was possibly early for him but is the other one Frank McGarvey?