The Queen of the South thread

McIntyre had knocked on Hewittson's office in the summer asking for a bonus for getting to the play offs . Hewittson shown him the door saying that with the amount he is paying him then the play offs are expected . Don't know if this has anything to do with JM leaving but is true .

If that is true, and I have no reason to doubt you then Queens are well shot of him!

For me it has to be Fowler given he knows the players and the set up at the club, always think continuity once the season has started us very important give him the job till the end if the season and bring in sandy Clark to assist him in his first management job same as he did for A Johnston.

For me it has to be Fowler given he knows the players and the set up at the club, always think continuity once the season has started us very important give him the job till the end if the season and bring in sandy Clark to assist him in his first management job same as he did for A Johnston.

I wouldn't want Sandy Clark back at all.

I don't blame him too much for jumping ship, but I've not forgotten his treacherous role in brokering our star striker's departure.

The latest rumour is that Stevie Aitken is the main candidate. He's 6/1 with Bet Victor. I can't recall seeing his name even on the list the last time. Fowler the new favourite with the bookies. I'd be pretty pleased if it was Aitken. He appears to be doing a cracking job at the Cleyhole and as a player I can remember him getting the ball down on the deck; would be good to see his philosophy at Palmerston.

I'd like to see Aitken in charge and not just due to the above.

It would also be payback for Nobbie Clark.

Guest TOPFITTER

What !!! He's only been here 5 minutes. Thanks to JM we are in this position, wonder if he will take FOW to Ross Co. when available. Get a management team who want to do well and commit for this season and next and sign appropriate contracts!

I wouldn't want Sandy Clark back at all.I don't blame him too much for jumping ship, but I've not forgotten his treacherous role in brokering our star striker's departure.

Think you'll find he brokered a deal for our/his 'star' striker that was getting game time? not the real STAR striker who was left sitting on the bench I know who I would rather have in my team.

In that case I think he did us a good turn really.

Think you'll find he brokered a deal for our/his 'star' striker that was getting game time? not the real STAR striker who was left sitting on the bench I know who I would rather have in my team.

In that case I think he did us a good turn really.

Clearly missing the point.

He behaved as a Dad, rather than as an employee of Queens. There was a clear conflict of interest and he should have stayed well back from any discussions. Instead he was in contact with McCoist about a player Queens had offered a new contract to and would not make a penny from if as was likely, he moved.

I wouldn't want him back.

Would not be too downhearted if Fowler got the job, rather him than some of the dinosaurs on the bookie list !

For me , I would take Lennon, Locke or Sandy Clark but would love to see Aitken from Stranraer or Murray from Dumbarton being considered.

Edited by MUSKYQOS

I'd take aitken, he's done a good job at Stranraer. Have a feeling it'll go to fowler though, and like others no thanks with sandy clark. Fingers crossed fowler gives the board food for thought on Saturday!!!

Edited by qos1990