The Queen of the South thread

I'd imagine we will indeed go out and sign another 'keeper, not because it makes sense - it doesn't - but because it's what teams do.

The new strip does not look up to much. It almost seems to be a pre-requisite for entry to the shirt sponsorship draw that companies must not, under any circumstances, have decent logos.

I'll wait and see how the away one looks - and whether the shorts are red or black - before considering a purchase for my son.

2dt7ng3.jpg

Not keen on the logo myself

2dt7ng3.jpg

Not keen on the logo myself

Another cheap looking effort - i think the sponsor's logo always makes a big difference and our shirts always seem to be the dullest going! I think FIAT is the only logo in recent memory that hasn't looked like something from a Sunday League.

I'd imagine we will indeed go out and sign another 'keeper, not because it makes sense - it doesn't - but because it's what teams do.

The new strip does not look up to much. It almost seems to be a pre-requisite for entry to the shirt sponsorship draw that companies must not, under any circumstances, have decent logos.

I'll wait and see how the away one looks - and whether the shorts are red or black - before considering a purchase for my son.

The away shorts are red, as far as I know

Theres a pic of them here, without the sponsors logo

Yes, I remember seeing that at the time of the result of the poll.

I'm pretty sure SD has suggested somewhere - possibly the kits thread I suppose - that the strip may in fact feature black shorts rather than red though.

Black would certainly be my preference. More aesthetically pleasing and more reminiscent of Georgetown Cubs' strip circa 1979, which is of course, the main thing.

I'm pretty sure SD has suggested somewhere - possibly the kits thread I suppose - that the strip may in fact feature black shorts rather than red though.

Black would certainly be my preference. More aesthetically pleasing and more reminiscent of Georgetown Cubs' strip circa 1979, which is of course, the main thing.

DG1 filth. ;)

The away one looks better IMO. I've seen the ones that the kids in soccer camp were getting yesterday. I think you are right that the sponsor makes a big difference.

The original intention was for the shorts to be red but as I understood at the back end of last season there was a problem getting an exactly matching shade of red for the shorts and, as a result, it was intended to use black instead. However, that was a few months ago and I haven't heard anything since. Not sure what was finally decided. Personally I'd prefer black.

The away one looks better IMO. I've seen the ones that the kids in soccer camp were getting yesterday. I think you are right that the sponsor makes a big difference.

The original intention was for the shorts to be red but as I understood at the back end of last season there was a problem getting an exactly matching shade of red for the shorts and, as a result, it was intended to use black instead. However, that was a few months ago and I haven't heard anything since. Not sure what was finally decided. Personally I'd prefer black.

You've heard more than me then. I was just going by that mock up picture that we got when the strips were announced. Hoping to have some pics of the away kit soon, so we'll find out.

I think black would look much better too

But that's pretty much the point, when did you last see a manager "bring on" a keeper through choice? It doesn't happen.

Ironically it was GUS!!!

He SUBBED Tony Bullock (having a terrifyingly gash/nervous match) on the day Saints won the league.

Gus moves in mysterious ways... :D

Like Marmite, you'll love or hate him.

I loved him. :)

Black would look far better IMO, were the kids getting these free SD?

Depends on your definition of "free" I suppose. I believe it was £80 for the full week Soccer Camp Mon - Fri and they were getting a new Queens top as part of it.

Kids who only took a part week (Tue - Thur) were charged less (£50 I think) but got a t-shirt, not a replica top.

Yeah free was the wrong word, this is what I meant though.

Not sure if I would class that as good value or not for the week due to not having kids and knowing the going rate for such things, it is a good scheme though IMO.

It's certainly excellent value for money in comparison to sticking them in nursery for a week. It runs 8am to 6pm for five days. It would be circa £30 a day just to stick a child in nursery for that period of time.

Of course if you don't normally pay for a nursery that's irrelevant. Equally if you normally have them at another nursery you may not be able to get out of paying them as well as paying Queens for it. As a bare hourly rate though for ten hours a day of care it's very good value.

It's certainly excellent value for money in comparison to sticking them in nursery for a week. It runs 8am to 6pm for five days. It would be circa £30 a day just to stick a child in nursery for that period of time.

Of course if you don't normally pay for a nursery that's irrelevant. Equally if you normally have them at another nursery you may not be able to get out of paying them as well as paying Queens for it. As a bare hourly rate though for ten hours a day of care it's very good value.

It is excellent value, and I'm sure the kids love it as well. All nurseries in my area charge in the region of £35-40 a day. My son goes to a childminder three days a week, costing aound £30 a day.

It is excellent value, and I'm sure the kids love it as well. All nurseries in my area charge in the region of £35-40 a day. My son goes to a childminder three days a week, costing aound £30 a day.

Now this is an odd tangent to send the QoS thread down but............ my eldest goes two mornings a week. He doesn't need to go insofar as those two mornings his mum is at home, we just felt it would do him some good to have more interaction with other children. It's £4.10 an hour for him to go so 8am to 6pm as this is would be £41 (plus they charge for his lunch).

However, my son is 2. The Queens soccer camps are for 5 - 11 year olds in effect. The hourly rate for those ages at nursery might be different, I'm not sure.

Now this is an odd tangent to send the QoS thread down but............ my eldest goes two mornings a week. He doesn't need to go insofar as those two mornings his mum is at home, we just felt it would do him some good to have more interaction with other children. It's £4.10 an hour for him to go so 8am to 6pm as this is would be £41 (plus they charge for his lunch).

However, my son is 2. The Queens soccer camps are for 5 - 11 year olds in effect. The hourly rate for those ages at nursery might be different, I'm not sure.

Yup, childcare is an expensive business. In fact, it's almost as expensive as bankrolling a full time club in the SFL.

See what I did there? Ever so subtely pushed the thread back on topic.

It sounds like really good value.

Our youngest turned 5 and left nursery just last week. Normally, we've kept nursery on to reserve the place, but with him destined for school, there's now no need.

His sister does some theatre summer school thing each year and it's about £50 for the week of only 3-4 hours a day, with no equivalent of a kit thrown in.

Next year, the wee fella will definitely do the Queens camp and allow me to slope off to the golf course. I'll probably be buying him a strip most years anyway once he's big enough, so the football camp really will represent decent value.