The Queen of the South thread

I'm fairly confident we'll be a premiership side in the next few years. The board definitely want us to get there.

Agree with that. Within 3 years I would say we will be in top league. Would like by way of promotion but our route may be league reconstruction. The board have put great foundations in place

Great signing for us. I wonder if the announcement means we have reached an agreement of a fee as we didn't seem to fancy the idea of a tribunal. 3 year deal too.

A right sided full back come centre midfield who hasn't played for probably 6 months. It's a NO from me.

In terms of footballing ability, Id take McMillan in the squad, but as you say, not as a left back.

He's not that good that he's worth taking on the extra baggage though

Dundee have announced Holt has signed for them :(

He was never going to be at Queens next season. A little disapointing, as I thought he could have got a deal down south, though

All the best to him, though.

Sad to see him go but not a surprise. His development over the past 4 years has been superb and will be an excellent addition to Dundee. Out of those expected to leave I think he'll go the furthest.

In terms of footballing ability, Id take McMillan in the squad, but as you say, not as a left back.

He's not that good that he's worth taking on the extra baggage though

He was never going to be at Queens next season. A little disapointing, as I thought he could have got a deal down south, though

All the best to him, though.

Agreed on Holt. I wish him well and a three year deal is obviously attractive these days. Dundee is certainly a step up, but he'll probably hope for another at some point.

As for McMillan, forgive my ignorance, but what is the 'baggage' he carries? I've seen it alluded to a couple of times, but haven't a clue what he's done.

Agreed on Holt. I wish him well and a three year deal is obviously attractive these days. Dundee is certainly a step up, but he'll probably hope for another at some point.As for McMillan, forgive my ignorance, but what is the 'baggage' he carries? I've seen it alluded to a couple of times, but haven't a clue what he's done.

Sacked by Partick for something drug related, iirc.

I think its a sensible move for Holt. Dundee are likely to be top 6 again so it is a decent step up while he should be pretty much guaranteed to play every week. A bigger club and there is the risk he wastes away on the bench. He's agreed a 3 year deal as well so security for him too.

I think its a sensible move for Holt. Dundee are likely to be top 6 again so it is a decent step up while he should be pretty much guaranteed to play every week. A bigger club and there is the risk he wastes away on the bench. He's agreed a 3 year deal as well so security for him too.

Indeed. I'm sure it was agreed before today, but Scott Bain's inclusion in the Scotland squad shows what you can achieve after a good season at Dundee as well.