The Queen of the South thread

Ryan was on loan with us in the first half of 2010/11 season.

He would have played v Ross Co. in the Challenge Cup final but the snow scuppered that.

I'm really pleased we have signed him as I rate him highly.

I expect he'll be deployed in a left-midfield role.

Conroy would be a woeful signing if the intention is to play him as a wing back or full back. He doesn't tackle and wasn't particularly effective at helping out his full back this season. That's really not his game at all.

All Fowler said was that he can play in more than one position. I would imagine he'll feature in midfield more than defence, though. Did he play in the centre for Raith much?

He was pretty much solely stationed on the left wing for us (occasionally switching to the right, ineffectually, during games). I'd agree with what's been said, he'd be much more effective in central midfield than at left back. Left wing-back would be a nightmare for him. His skillset couldn't be further away from what's required.

If the figures mentioned are correct then I hope they get totally screwed by the tribunal!

Yeah,hopefully they get taken to town at a tribunal with those sort of derisory offers it looks like it.

If the quoted figures of what Dundee offered are true that is even more embarrassing than two bob and a donut

It really is an embarrassing offer if true. Is it fair to say that if it goes to a tribunal they are likely to meet in the middle to keep everybody happy?

Obviously the Charlie Telfer case stand out because it was the most high profile tribunal, but surely there are other precedents that will give us a better idea of what we can expect?

The Charlie Telfer case reeks of the authorities pandering to a "big club". If one appearance against Stenhousemuir equates to £200k then the experience Holt has gained at us is surely worth half a million at least!

Somehow I don't expect that to be the figures discussed.

It really is an embarrassing offer if true. Is it fair to say that if it goes to a tribunal they are likely to meet in the middle to keep everybody happy?

Obviously the Charlie Telfer case stand out because it was the most high profile tribunal, but surely there are other precedents that will give us a better idea of what we can expect?

The Charlie Telfer case reeks of the authorities pandering to a "big club". If one appearance against Stenhousemuir equates to £200k then the experience Holt has gained at us is surely worth half a million at least!

Somehow I don't expect that to be the figures discussed.

Are the figures not based on some kind of formula? I dont think the buying clubs offer comes into it, but I could be wrong

Are the figures not based on some kind of formula? I dont think the buying clubs offer comes into it, but I could be wrong

IF selling club = Rangers THEN give Rangers whatever they want ELSE 2 bob and a donut

Conroy would be a woeful signing if the intention is to play him as a wing back or full back. He doesn't tackle and wasn't particularly effective at helping out his full back this season. That's really not his game at all.

Agreed, offers nothing defensively ain't as good as Russell going forward, maybe Russell will go back up top??