The Queen of the South thread

Agree with SD I would love to have him back. I know there is a lot of negativity probably down to who he signed for and his dad's perceived role in it. He was fucking immense though.

Ok it was the 2nd Division and he was surrounded by a lot of players that were superb as well. However, many of the had also under performed in the relegation season too.

We were unstoppable in the second. Remember we won it with snow on the ground. In comparison Morton won it on the last week of the season and Rangers needed the second biggest wage in Scotland to beat our record points haul.

Clark played a major role in us romping the second and with a manager that knows what he is doing, Clark could be prolific in the Championship too. I doubt he will return but he is maligned by a few in our support.

The first sentance of your second paragraph say's it all.

It seems ridiculous to say it about a player who broke a goal scoring record for us, but he isn't anything like prolific enough, and has been completely underwhelming at two clubs at Championship level.

I always used to comment that if you gave Clark 5 chances he would score 1 goal. It's no exaggeration to say that in our Second Division campaign we were creating chances for him comfortably into double figures, hence the goal return. I think it was clear to see that this hasn't changed during his time at The Rangers. A more clinical striker would have killed us off in that initial 20 minute barrage we faced in our Playoff game at Ibrox.

I suppose it is possible he would be good foil for Lyle due to them being very different style players. Lyle has the nous only an experienced player can have, he has an aerial threat, works hard for the team and is composed on the ball. Clark has work rate, pace and energy. It would be hugely disappointing if he were brought in as a direct replacement for Reilly though. It would be the equivalent of wingmaning your friend so he pulls the good looking girl, leaving you with the ugly pal.

I'd probably be happy enough with Clark as back up, but I very much doubt he is going to drop from his rumoured £5k a week wages and being able to tell everyone he plays for Rangers, to sitting on our bench.

I'd rather see us sign some young hungry players, or give Aidan Smith a chance, than an egotist looking out for himself.

He hasn't progressed as a player the way he should have. This season he should have been will into double figures playing for them with the opportunities he's had. Seaside league is his level. We are looking to improve the team with signings not weaken it.

PC's last sentance sums it up.

Edited by Hawk

Thankfully we retained Higgy and Dowie - if they had looked elsewhere we would have been in big trouble.

Cant understand why we didnt offer them both 2 year deals when we were happy to give Conroy and Baird a longer term deal???

IMHO we should be rewarding loyalty, consistency and commitment especially for players who form the absolute backbone of our team.

The signings of Thomson & Conroy and the re-signing of Burns & Hooper have really only sorted one position in the first team IMO, since Conroy would appear to play same position as Russell. Burns is now primarily in the coach/back-up category. Our bench looks a bit stronger tho!

So team so far then would probs be:

Thomson

Kidd Dowie Higgins New LB

New RM Millar New CM Russell/Conroy

Lyle New CF

Subs: Atkinson, Hooper, Burns, Conroy/Russell, Smith

So,still lots of very important positions to fill and a tough job for young Fowler.

I would like to see young Hooper make the break through at right back and push Lewis Kidd into right mid where I think he is most effective . I seen young Aiden Smith come on at Alloa and Ibrox and he looks like a real live wire . If Reilly goes , then I could see him doing a similar job through time if given the chance .

He isn't signed. I doubt he will now either. Might see him replace Conroy at Raith, or go to Dunfermline I reckon.

Good point , could see AJ coming back for him . Mystified how a team the size of Dunfermilne could be struggling as badly in League 1 but I expect this to change next season and for them to win the title.

Good point , could see AJ coming back for him . Mystified how a team the size of Dunfermilne could be struggling as badly in League 1 but I expect this to change next season and for them to win the title.

First thing I posted after Clark joining up with Johnston at Dunfermline was that Paton would prob sign there.

I wonder if Queens are waiting to see how much money they lose putting on the Status Quo show before they sign more players?

I thought it was a NO lose situation if not I hope its the last we have, and stick to football on palmerston.

I thought it was a NO lose situation if not I hope its the last we have, and stick to football on palmerston.

Nothing is ever "no lose".

Im sure Jessiefield will be back, shortly, to tell us just how much the club is going to lose. I do hope he puts it in big letters again

He wont be coming this way. Why would we replace Conroy with someone that is a big step down on him?

After his injury he was a pretty key player for us, he was a first pick for a decent spell and helped us to a play off berth. If Paton was free of injury and upped his work rate even by 10% I would have him everytime over Conroy.

After his injury he was a pretty key player for us, he was a first pick for a decent spell and helped us to a play off berth. If Paton was free of injury and upped his work rate even by 10% I would have him everytime over Conroy.

Looks like the manager has made his mind up.