The Queen of the South thread

According to today`s Herald William Gros is training with us.

A striker who was previously with Fowler at Killie.

I'd heard this rumour right at the beginning of pre-season, pretty sure he was training with us. Gros by name gross by nature it would appear.

william_1899094a.jpg

But can he stick it in the net?

2 goals in 50 appearances for Killie would suggest not. I was getting quite used to not having a physical target man in the ranks, but I suppose there are arguments for having the option for a more physical approach.

Genaro Zeefuik at Hearts is a similar build and he did alright for them last year.

Willie Gros is not a good footballer. He's strong and has a very powerful strike, but that's about it. Was a bit too fond of the Killie nightlife and that cost him any chance he had of making it. Was always a big lad, so can only imagine what shape he'll be in after a year out the game.

Willie Gros is not a good footballer. He's strong and has a very powerful strike, but that's about it. Was a bit too fond of the Killie nightlife and that cost him any chance he had of making it. Was always a big lad, so can only imagine what shape he'll be in after a year out the game.

No probs there.

No Queens player has ever gotten into bother whilst on a night out in Dumfries... :whistle

We've advertised for help before and got no response.

A free season ticket for someone who'll get into the press box for free?

Home games aren't really the problem, other than rare nights like tonight

Do you need to be somehow related to the commercial team to get a job at Palmerston these days ?

Becoming a bit of a closed shop IMO ?

Do you need to be somehow related to the commercial team to get a job at Palmerston these days ?

Becoming a bit of a closed shop IMO ?

Not really sure what your point is.

The website, including updates, reports and highlights, is almost wholly run by volunteers. None of them have a job with the club.

Why do you think nobody has offere to help with Twitter updates etc ?

Genuine question . I'm sure there's a gent who sits along from me who does the Only Team In the Bible website you may help out . He's constantly taking notes etc throughout the game

Edited by the_vortex

Why do you think nobody has offere to help with Twitter updates etc ?

Genuine question . I'm sure there's a gent who sits along from me who does the Only Team In the Bible website you may help out . He's constantly taking notes etc throughout the game

I don't know. I suspect it's because to do it you really need to be on the press box with a laptop or at least a tablet and keyboard. When there are limited updates that's usually me on my phone as thats all its really possible to manage when you're sitting amongst the fans.

I think I know who you are talking about. If it is the same person then we talked about it a couple of years ago but he prefers to do his own thing.

If the guy you are talking about is up the back of the main stand then it could well be the guy who writes reports for the website.

At the end of the day there are only a small number of fans who travel to all the away games. You then need someone who is, relatively computer literate, and who is happy to sit in the press box away from the other fans and, probably, there friends or family. I guess that doesnt leave many people.

ETA - the main problem at the moment has actually been of our own making. The guy who has been doing the updates for a couple of seasons is a journalism student. Because of the experience he's got with the website he's been getting paid work, including a summer job with a national which doesn't end for a few weeks.

Edited by Mr X

Guest Flash

I'd heard this rumour right at the beginning of pre-season, pretty sure he was training with us. Gros by name gross by nature it would appear.

william_1899094a.jpg

Maybe Fowler has brought him in to show Millar what six pies for your tea every day ends up looking like.

Was anybody else sat near the away fans last night? A couple of funny incidents occurred involving the young group of lads sitting there. They were pretty gobby but other than that and carrying on like fannies, they didn't really do anything bad*. The Polis were at them a few times though and I couldn't hear why but at one point I heard part of the conversation. It involved one of the policemen asking how old one of the boys was and then confiscating a packet of cigarettes. Once he had done this another boy (particularly gobby one it must be added) piped up with "They're mine, I'm 17." The policeman gave it a cracking look of bewilderment before saying "Yes. You have to be 18 to smoke." The mouth soon piped down :lol:

The second incident was right after Killie took the lead. The boy's were pretty verbal toward a particular section of the Killie fans (and that Killie section were giving it back as well tbh). Once Killie scored and the cheer had died down one of the boy's from our section started singing "It's nice to know you're here". Without a second's pause a chant came back from the said Killie section by one of the boy's: "It's nice to know you're speccy". :lol::lol::lol: The whole surrounding area were pishing themselves; both Killie and QoS fans. Even the group of boys from our section were roaring. The only person who wasn't amused was the butt of the joke :lol:

* Although chanting was obviously too much for some folk in that section. One guy lost it and had a pop at the group for constantly heckling Higginbotham :lol:

Edited by 19QOS19

What is the situation with tickets for the Annan game? I'm just trying to work out if it's worth me coming up.

No tickets. It's pay on the day. I think Annan usually use the same system we do of having to buy a ticket from a hut outside to take to the turnstile.