The General Ross County Chat Thread

3 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

After all the social media hype about this “Party on the Park” pish, this is embarrassing.

Think this is a representation of our performances on the pitch this season.

http://bit.ly/2FmWZr8

This, near spat out my tea when I seen this pish after all the build up. What a load of shite.

Edited by Staggie_93

The problem is they gave it the big announcement build-up.

If they had said nothing and just announced it today then there wouldn't have been the same ire.

I'm fine with it, 40 quid is feck all when you consider we pay 22-26 quid for some away games, and with some of that going to Highland Hospice and County Youth & Community I'll be happy to pay that to get pished on the pitch.

I am yer da.

On 02/03/2018 at 16:11, yoda said:

Did Fox genuinely win the "Supporters' Player of the Year" award last season? warnock.png

I'm still mystified by that. In the Central Staggies Player of the Season  World Cup Twitter poll we did in the week before that was announced, Boyce beat Fox in the final with 73% of the vote.

I'd say Boyce was comfortably our best player of all time, never mind just last season. Don't @ me.

Yup. Boyce was the absolute boy, and covered a multitude of sins elsewhere on the pitch.

With the new exception of Davies, who I think is up there with Boyce, and possibly Naismith, I’d say there’s not one County player who is irreplaceable. And in fact, there are quite a few who would have been nowhere near the invincibles squad. Kelly? Chow? Fontaine? Effiong? Utterly hopeless.

I’m depressed again. I’m off to listen to some Kenny Rogers.

Hi County boiz.

Just popping into your thread to give you a squad update.

Getting #petrol at #Broxden yesterday, I was confronted with a massive queue. It turned out to be your entire first team squad having a snack break, en route to Killie I presume. Happy to report no Monster Munch appeared to be consumed, it seemed to be tubs of fruit and Oasis juice all round. One big ginger laddie was ravaging the pastry/fresh cakes counter though. Troubling.

They were all very well behaved young gentlemen, although surely some delegation of purchasing could have been employed to limit the queue expansion. Next time maybe. Only the wee Uncle Fester lookalike coach deserves a mention, for aggressively looking at the rest of the queue as he passed, demanding recognition one might surmise.

As you were, and good luck for the remainder of the season.

10 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Hi County boiz.

Getting #petrol at #Broxden yesterday, I was confronted with a massive queue. It turned out to be your entire first team squad having a snack break, en route to Killie I presume. Happy to report no Monster Munch appeared to be consumed, it seemed to be tubs of fruit and Oasis juice all round. One big ginger laddie was ravaging the pastry/fresh cakes counter though. Troubling.

They were all very well behaved young gentlemen, although surely some delegation of purchasing could have been employed to limit the queue expansion. Next time maybe. Only the wee Uncle Fester lookalike coach deserves a mention, for aggressively looking at the rest of the queue as he passed, demanding recognition one might surmise.

33 points from 27 games in the championship (stop sniggering) is pretty pi$h, back to the wee league forums with you and stop stalking our first team squad please!

2 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

33 points from 27 games in the championship (stop sniggering) is pretty pi$h, back to the wee league forums with you and stop stalking our first team squad please!

Another 3 points for us today, smashing the form table in preparation for the juggernaut making a title assault next season.

How'd you get on today? Forking out for that hotel must have paid off in terms of points, no? :lol:

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Another 3 points for us today, smashing the form table in preparation for the juggernaut making a title assault next season.

How'd you get on today? Forking out for that hotel must have paid off in terms of points, no? :lol:

In your last home match before today you drew 0-0 with Dumbarton, forgive me if you feel i'm not giving your championship team enough credit but ffs your almost making a a shockingly pi$h c*l*y team look decent:( Now back to the Championship forums with you, ta ta...

(Don't worry, we know they're $hite, as are falkirk)

On 3/10/2018 at 11:29, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Hi County boiz.

The coach will be Stevie Ferguson, I always picture him smiling, this has upset my enjoyment of this season even further.

1afb3fc6447ac21e9943d1b822e3ae4e8bfb3297

1 minute ago, bunglebonce said:
  Hide contents

Don't jump to conclusions, dd, it could have been the sports scientist.

He is less Fester like, doesn't have the eyes for it.
Admittedly, Ranaldo Bairn may not be aware we have two bald stocky coaches, and so may not have gone through the same process.
So aye, apologies all round.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It was Steven Ferguson. Looked him up there.

Aw man...  I was upset it was Fergie; then I was advised it may not be Fergie and so I felt happy that my smiling wee pal was ok, but guilty that I had doubted him; and now it turns out was him!  
What a roller-coaster.
This is no way to live.

In a rubbish attempt to not think about football, do you know The Kid in Charlie Chaplin's film  'The Kid'?  Same actor as Uncle Fester (Jackie Coogan).
american-actor-jackie-coogan-in-costume-
hqdefault.jpg

01393350.jpg
^^^Just for comparison

Edited by dingdong1929