The General Ross County Chat Thread

17 hours ago, Comrie said:

I also thought RCC put in a decent shift today. Have criticized him a lot but no issues today, worked hard.

Agreed, I've slagged him a lot but he did OK yesterday.

Hopefully that ends the possibility of seeing Vigurs and Draper playing together. 

The past few pages have been weird. Sticking the boot into an 18 year old left-back making his first senior appearances because he isn't Marcelo is baffling.

As I've said I don't quite get the RCC hate. He missed two easy chances and gets pilloried for it; Ross Stewart continues to sclaff at least one sitter per game and doesn't get any criticism. I'm hardly the most optimistic or positive supporter but give a guy a chance, eh? We've got folk who have been stinking out the squad for at least a season and they've managed to escape the level of criticism aimed at Charles-Cook.

I'm not convinced Kettlewell (and Ferguson, because he'll obviously be involved) know what they're doing. But I'm also not entirely convinced that we're going to be adrift by Christmas. Apathy has already begun to set in for me, but it'd still be nice to see some semblance of a coherent plan and system on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Staggie_93 said:

Another centre mid wtf 🤦‍♂️

If it meant Vigurs was benched I’d be happier but that’s never going to happen.

Kettlewell is utterly clueless.  I guess Kelly will get papped back to Rangers now.  If the club dont sign a full back, I think they’re going down.  

1 hour ago, yoda said:

Hopefully that ends the possibility of seeing Vigurs and Draper playing together. 

The past few pages have been weird. Sticking the boot into an 18 year old left-back making his first senior appearances because he isn't Marcelo is baffling.

As I've said I don't quite get the RCC hate. He missed two easy chances and gets pilloried for it; Ross Stewart continues to sclaff at least one sitter per game and doesn't get any criticism. I'm hardly the most optimistic or positive supporter but give a guy a chance, eh? We've got folk who have been stinking out the squad for at least a season and they've managed to escape the level of criticism aimed at Charles-Cook.

I'm not convinced Kettlewell (and Ferguson, because he'll obviously be involved) know what they're doing. But I'm also not entirely convinced that we're going to be adrift by Christmas. Apathy has already begun to set in for me, but it'd still be nice to see some semblance of a coherent plan and system on the pitch.

This is, of course, right.  I think Reid can be a County regular for years.  The problem is that its so fucking predictable.  County are screaming out for a better defence, and they sign a central midfielder, a position in which they already have one too many players. .  They released their only effective winger and replaced him with a “surprised he found a club at that level” player.    

Edit: another prediction: Ollie Shaw isn’t going to be a County player much longer. 

Edited by Savage Henry

When was the last time we signed a 'wow I'm surprised we managed to get him!' sort of player? I agree that Reid is our best option at Left Back and will only get better, Just needs to improve the defensive part of his game (the rest of the squad could also do this)

Are there any right backs in scotland available on a free atm?

10 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

When was the last time we signed a 'wow I'm surprised we managed to get him!' sort of player? I agree that Reid is our best option at Left Back and will only get better, Just needs to improve the defensive part of his game (the rest of the squad could also do a goddamn heck of a lot to help him out  

Keith Watson?

Edited by Savage Henry

2 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Keith's days as a right back are long gone. I do actually rate him though, one of the best i've seen at last ditch blocks/tackles.

If he hadn’t had so many injuries at Dt Johnstone, County could never have got him.  

I think Reid has the potential to either be with us for years to go to a bigger club. He's not getting much help from those around him and it's a big step up in quality from reserves/U-21 football.

I haven't seen anything about us signing anyone else so far apart from that central midfielder lad. It's so obvious that we are totally and utterly one paced.

9 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I think Reid has the potential to either be with us for years to go to a bigger club. He's not getting much help from those around him and it's a big step up in quality from reserves/U-21 football.

I haven't seen anything about us signing anyone else so far apart from that central midfielder lad. It's so obvious that we are totally and utterly one paced.

As they have been since last season.   Its so obvious.  

12 minutes ago, Comrie said:

When's the last time one of our players made a defence splitting run? or out paced a full back? genuinely can't remember. Is Hylton quick?

32 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

When's the last time one of our players made a defence splitting run? or out paced a full back? genuinely can't remember. Is Hylton quick?

I think he is relatively quick yes , saw us linked with mcmullan of United and Greg Stewart of Rangers today but who knows if either of those will come to fruition, would certainly soften the blow of losing mullin

9 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

I think he is relatively quick yes , saw us linked with mcmullan of United and Greg Stewart of Rangers today but who knows if either of those will come to fruition, would certainly soften the blow of losing mullin

I'd heard McMullan turned us down.

10 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Would take Greg Stewart in a heartbeat.