The General Ross County Chat Thread

I find a Poaching Pocket from upmarket kitchenware store Lakeland does a good job for my egg.

A spot of oil in the bottom.

Salt & Pepper on the top,

drop it in the boiling water.

Boab's yer brother-in-law.

I'm intrigued. Presumably this? There's a Lakeland store not far from my office, so I may pay a visit later. This approach would counter the main problem I have with the plastic cup method - that if you take your eye off it, the pan has a habit of boiling over due to the high level of water required.

Anyway, a day has passed, and the more I look at it, the more I like the home top. It's grown on me pretty quick. I suppose both tops are nice and distinctive so will be easily recognisable on a televisual set.

I agree re the home top. I quite like it now. Still not a fan of the away top and sash tho. However, one out of two will do me fine.

Poached eggs are now off the menu.

Poor Kirk Broadfoot :D

I'm intrigued. Presumably this? There's a Lakeland store not far from my office, so I may pay a visit later. This approach would counter the main problem I have with the plastic cup method - that if you take your eye off it, the pan has a habit of boiling over due to the high level of water required.

I think he means the poachets

I find a Poaching Pocket from upmarket kitchenware store Lakeland does a good job for my egg.

A spot of oil in the bottom.

Salt & Pepper on the top,

drop it in the boiling water.

Boab's yer brother-in-law.

Poetry, Les. Sweet, eggie, poachie poetry.

Do you have any haikus about the lack of thrust on the flanks?

I believe Del is back and that training starts tomorrow, so I wonder if we're going to see any movement with new players soon. Apart from the season where we struggled and he went on his Hibs jaunt, Del has always been keen to get all his dealing done nice and early. Hopefully get the rest in before our first friendly a week today.

I believe Del is back and that training starts tomorrow, so I wonder if we're going to see any movement with new players soon.

Good news. The arrival of pre-season might mean less poached egg chat... :ph34r:

Also, I bought some of those poachets earlier. Can't wait to try them out this evening. Will report back 8)

Poetry, Les. Sweet, eggie, poachie poetry.

Do you have any haikus about the lack of thrust on the flanks?

No lack of thrust in my flanks. thanks.

I did see a haiku yesterday at the top of the hill.

Moo.

Forfinn you might not be doing it right. 1cm water in the pan is enough.

Get the water boiling before lowering your loaded pouch in there - and keep it on just enough heat to keep boiling for a 2 minutes or so.

tongue.gif Feeling peckish now.

Edited to add that Lakeland also do a pouch-lower-in-er tool, so you don't need to worry about steam or bubbles scalding your hands. Personally I think this is taking the piss, and you'd be more likely to tip your precious pouch and its cargo into the water.

Edited by Les Westander of County

Was hearing some concerning chat about the stadium today. One of which I can vouch for is that we are now behind schedule with a few things. Hopefully nothing too major to worry about, but sounds like there's going to be a lot of work going on even while the inspection is taking place on Friday!

Was hearing some concerning chat about the stadium today. One of which I can vouch for is that we are now behind schedule with a few things. Hopefully nothing too major to worry about, but sounds like there's going to be a lot of work going on even while the inspection is taking place on Friday!

Been hearing for the last week or so that 'things are tight' for Friday.

But in all honesty why do we need the Safety Certificate for 1st July, if they are not even taking a vote if one team can get into the league until the 4th July!

I'm sure the Highland Council will help us out a bit though ;)

Been hearing for the last week or so that 'things are tight' for Friday.

But in all honesty why do we need the Safety Certificate for 1st July, if they are not even taking a vote if one team can get into the league until the 4th July!

I'm sure the Highland Council will help us out a bit though ;)

Still awaiting a delivery of Aco-channels for behind the Jubilee Stand, which is delaying laying tar in the surrounding areas, all of which needs to be done by Friday apparently. Also, the Jubilee Stand has apparently been at a bit of a standstill the last few days.

Take this as a wind up if ya want but I have been shown round yer ground today and there is absolutely no way that you are going to play there at the start of the season. The stands - on a par with ICT will pass muster but the surface \ grass will not - and neither will the access or the parking - pay up fer the dump budgies.

Take this as a wind up if ya want but I have been shown round yer ground today and there is absolutely no way that you are going to play there at the start of the season. The stands - on a par with ICT will pass muster but the surface \ grass will not - and neither will the access or the parking - pay up fer the dump budgies.

Your patter is still shite, just letting you know. Must try harder IHE.

I rather County have the honour of being the first team from the Highlands to reach the SPL without being subsidised by the Highland Council.

I wasn't meaning any financial subsidy. (Like our friends South of the Kessock Bridge got)

The Council issue the safety certificate, which I believe is required by the SPL on 1st July, but I am sure the Council will issue the certificate providing things are almost there! - obviously with the proviso that they come back and inspect the stadium before the start of August

1340840943[/url]' post='6381200']

Your patter is still shite, just letting you know. Must try harder IHE.

I suspect TJE may even concur with me. Tinkerville are going to have to jump through all the hoops and deadlines that we did. The deadlines ar e crazy but are stuck to like feckin glue especially when there are issues about travelling etc. But the structur of the stands etc. appear OK if not possibly behind time but that pitch needs to be bedded in or it will be a feckin bog in a few weeks - and can you the likes of Celtic and a full house taking a liking to wha they see - your first 11 games will be played at the dump.

I suspect TJE may even concur with me. Tinkerville are going to have to jump through all the hoops and deadlines that we did. The deadlines ar e crazy but are stuck to like feckin glue especially when there are issues about travelling etc. But the structur of the stands etc. appear OK if not possibly behind time but that pitch needs to be bedded in or it will be a feckin bog in a few weeks - and can you the likes of Celtic and a full house taking a liking to wha they see - your first 11 games will be played at the dump.

:lol:

Caley never made a deadline once.