The General Ross County Chat Thread

The access over the bridge was only an issue when 10,000 seats were required. Our biggest crowd recently was for JLS which was well in excess of our proposed capacity.

The access over the bridge was only an issue when 10,000 seats were required. Our biggest crowd recently was for JLS which was well in excess of our proposed capacity.

That's good news. You never know with this stuff, but I'd bet it gets granted with conditions. Too many benefits to the local economy to refuse.

It'll no doubt be easier on the eye than the Wendy House and various gaps, but I wonder how often we will need the extra capacity?

Celtic and (one day) Rangers visits are the most likely stadium fillers. Unfortunately I fear that Inverness crowds are falling away a bit now.

Maybe there's a grand plan. 8)

It is abundantly clear that the "big hitters" in Scottish football are going to put incredible political pressure (some may call it bullying) on Ross County. What is the consensus amongst County fans and are they applying similar pressure to their board?

It is abundantly clear that the "big hitters" in Scottish football are going to put incredible political pressure (some may call it bullying) on Ross County. What is the consensus amongst County fans and are they applying similar pressure to their board?

Roy's already said he's dead against it, and he will do what he wants. Pressure from fans, other chairman, the media, or even the rest of our own board, will not matter a jot to him. While Roy lets the board or the DoF run a lot of things about County, if Roy decides to have his say on something then that's what's happening.

He's already made his mind up and shared that with everyone, so that's what his vote will be. There would have to be major concessions for this to be turned around IMO. If Roy was in favour, he wouldn't have even come to the fans and he would have kept quiet about the whole thing. That's how he works.

Stand strong vote no, from what I hear the majority of your fans said they would rather have status quo than 12-12-18 (much like myself and most Scottish football fans) I've got faith your chairman will do the right thing along with ours. After this vote is done it definetely is not now or never.

Stand strong vote no, from what I hear the majority of your fans said they would rather have status quo than 12-12-18 (much like myself and most Scottish football fans) I've got faith your chairman will do the right thing along with ours. After this vote is done it definetely is not now or never.

I think the 12-12-18 is a silly setup. But I also think almost every other thing that comes with it is at the very least good enough to make the idea worth considering. Because I don't see how we'll get a fairer distribution of the money, pyramid system, a fairer voting system, one governing body etc without the new proposal that so many SPL sides seem wedded to, But a split after 22 games is rather unpalatable Whatever I think, I'm sure Uncle Roy will stand fast in what he believes in.

I think the 12-12-18 is a silly setup. But I also think almost every other thing that comes with it is at the very least good enough to make the idea worth considering. Because I don't see how we'll get a fairer distribution of the money, pyramid system, a fairer voting system, one governing body etc without the new proposal that so many SPL sides seem wedded to, But a split after 22 games is rather unpalatable Whatever I think, I'm sure Uncle Roy will stand fast in what he believes in.

I don't see why they can't vote on all issues seperately, if it gets 11-1 pass it if it doesn't (12-12-18) fail it

I don't see why they can't vote on all issues seperately, if it gets 11-1 pass it if it doesn't (12-12-18) fail it

Absolutely, it seems the most obvious way of dealing with it.

To force everything into a one-catch-all, all or nothing, mega plan makes it near impossible to come to a decision you're comfortable with. It's all so fucking stupid and so badly managed. Standard.