The General Ross County Chat Thread

and breathe..

It wouldn't have surprised me that much tbh. Maybe it could still happen, a young family settled in the area, out of the first team picture at County, thinking of what he will do after football. Wasn't he an accountant or worked in a bank or something. Do they have banks in Brora? Certainly lots of dosh flying around.

Anyway I'm glad he is still here, I would certainly be playing him ahead of Rocco. In fact play him on Saturday to keep Goodwin away from Kiss.

Obviously we will take the cash, but imo it's a pity he is going, would liked to have seen him develop in the next couple of seasons. He had a hopeless task this season, up front on his own in a team playing crap.

The home game v Motherwell was his best game, showed some nice touches and gave their defence a hard time in that 2nd half that we dominated.

I would rather keep him, leaves us short imo, what now if we have an injury/suspension to Slew or Arquin.

Steven Ross is on loan at Brora and that leaves us with Gary Glen.

Maybe Tony Dingwall will get a chance.

Obviously we will take the cash, but imo it's a pity he is going, would liked to have seen him develop in the next couple of seasons. He had a hopeless task this season, up front on his own in a team playing crap.

The home game v Motherwell was his best game, showed some nice touches and gave their defence a hard time in that 2nd half that we dominated.

I would rather keep him, leaves us short imo, what now if we have an injury/suspension to Slew or Arquin.

Steven Ross is on loan at Brora and that leaves us with Gary Glen.

Maybe Tony Dingwall will get a chance.

The way I'm looking at it, he might have taken another couple of years to turn into a decent striker, at which rate he would be near the end of his current contract anyway, and we could have lost him then for nothing. And that's if he actually even came good, as I wasn't entirely convinced by his instincts. If we're getting decent money for him now, it's a no brainer for me.

Edit: Also, I'm not overly concerned about Glen being next in the pecking order, IMO he's offered more of a threat than Luckassen all season.

Edited by Spain

As another aside to the above, the question remains whether we should really be playing a 4-4-2 anyway. If Arquin or Slew picked up a knock, I wouldn't be surprised to see Del work a bunglebonce™ 4-3-3 / 4-3-2-1 combo with MDL becoming more prominent, but with a similar midfield. As he's said, our lack of WR forwards is our only real issue. I would still like to see Maatsen get a run at some point too.

Luckassen going is a wee bit of a shame because I would like to see what he'll turn in to, but at the same time its easy to see why they took the cash when someone offered it. What would be the last time someone actually paid money for a player from County? Alex Cooper? Mark Ridgers? Or is there another kid I've missed?

^ Jimmy Scott.

Edit: Also, I'm not overly concerned about Glen being next in the pecking order, IMO he's offered more of a threat than Luckassen all season.

Really?

He's had one more assist than Luckassen, but Glen's been as much of a goal threat as John Baird was for Partick Thistle. Luckassen didn't play brilliantly over 90 minutes, but he was bloody unfortunate with some of his efforts on goal. He could make a nuisance of himself to centre-backs (and sacked a couple of them over the season).

ot1d9x.gif <--- That's the closest Glen has come to scoring this season.

I'm astonished that a club will pay money for Luckassen in all honesty, but I'd have him over Glen in my team.

^ Jimmy Scott.

Really?

He's had one more assist than Luckassen, but Glen's been as much of a goal threat as John Baird was for Partick Thistle. Luckassen didn't play brilliantly over 90 minutes, but he was bloody unfortunate with some of his efforts on goal. He could make a nuisance of himself to centre-backs (and sacked a couple of them over the season).

ot1d9x.gif <--- That's the closest Glen has come to scoring this season.

I'm astonished that a club will pay money for Luckassen in all honesty, but I'd have him over Glen in my team.

Ok, maybe "threat" was the wrong word. But as a secondary striker, I felt he offered more than Luckassen would. He's certainly not a lead the line guy, but he played decent enough off Slew when Slew first arrived, and I'm sure he could do similar with Arquin. Although in saying that, I can't remember having seen Luckassen play with Slew or Arquin.

Personally, I'm hoping someone buys Brian McLean off us next in a multi-million pound move.

Edit: Jimmy Scott and Kevin Luckassen... Does it feel to anyone else like someones cheating at Champ-Man / Football Manager here?

Edited by Spain

Ok, maybe "threat" was the wrong word. But as a secondary striker, I felt he offered more than Luckassen would. He's certainly not a lead the line guy, but he played decent enough off Slew when Slew first arrived, and I'm sure he could do similar with Arquin. Although in saying that, I can't remember having seen Luckassen play with Slew or Arquin.

Played off/alongside Arquin as a sub against Hibs on Saturday. Did alright, harried well and tried to link the play. Just wasn't really working for us in general up front that day (especially for Carey...)

From the bbc website rumours section today:

Ross County chairman Roy MacGregor is keen on the reintroduction of standing areas and thinks it will improve the atmosphere at games. (Daily Record)

Any chance of the Jailend returning to standing? I'm sure that lots of County fans would be all for it.