The General Ross County Chat Thread

dodds_holden.jpg?width=303.2407407407407

21 year old defender South African defender Darren Holden, from Hartlepool.

One tweet describes him with: "pace, energy and a throw in better than a corner". Another says "A versatile player who always gave 110%." Another says "shame, needed more games and time, looked more dangerous with you at full back."

Wikipedia has him as a 180cm attack-minded left-back. Soccerbase has him as having the #3 shirt last year for Hartlepool but having only made 11 appearances for them in 2014-15. Soccerbase also has him at 196cm :lol: Given that Billy Dodds is about 173-175cm I think Holden will be closer to 180cm.

Edited by bunglebonce

I thought Jackson Irvine had sparrow legs...

I was looking at the squad stats the other day and noticed that Jamie Reckord had started 26 times with no sub appearances. I can't think of him being subbed, either. For looking so solid for the vast majority of his time, Reckord did look really shaky at the end of the season, from the Partick Thistle loss onwards. A different option there is needed.

The impression I get from the Hartlepool forum is that he is a left-footed South African version of Darren Maatsen, but who has played the start of his career in defence. That is he is all pace, looks better in the first team than the reserves, has a strong shot and a long throw, isn't great defensively and has a tendency to dribble the ball out of play.

196cm is indeed tall. That would make him taller than Jake Jervis. Which is very tall.

There's no way there is nearly ten inches between Dodds and Holden there. He looks 5'11" to six foot and Dodds is 5'8".

Outrageous!

I will concede that 196cm is a very unlikely level of tall. But you are saying there is only 3 inches difference between Wee Billy and Big Dazhol?

At least this time of year allows us to really get to the big issues - or the allegedly apparently so-called less big issues.

Could be an ICT player as one of them.

Apparently there were rumours that Aaron Doran was off to County last week. Can't see it myself. More likely Nick Ross I'd have thought as County have offered a good deal apparently.

Suggestions that one will be a bit of a head turner......? Wouldn't classify Nick Ross as that as he's been linked with us before and been on the fringes at ICT for a while. Doran maybe would, always thought he was a dangerous player. Looks to have lost his way a wee bit recently though. Can't think of anyone else?!