The General Ross County Chat Thread

That sounds alright. The Motherwell set-up looks good.

The Central Staggies getting a voice on the board could only be a good thing.

Aye I've no idea of the politics at County but due to our past *ahem* issues DFCTV was set up by the supporters society as a means of fundraising and that's why these perks are included - rumour is the club are looking to take DFCTV in house which will likely remove this perk.

Not something I'm interested tbh, just a direct copy and paste from the website. I liked the idea of a signed ball and shirt every season.

Edited by Deefiant

Ours is free on YouTube. Generally an interview with a manager and player before and after every match. With interviews with coaches of the youths sporadically too. No match highlights yet though, although i think theres been one or two.

We've a full time staff member solely focused on the media side of things though, and hes got at least one person under him.

??? Great news if true, but had heard that Jim'n'Billy said it was pretty much dead in the water.

Will not get too excited until I see his signing 100% confirmed!

Suspect the second half on Saturday made the club motivated to do something.

Suspect the second half on Saturday made the club motivated to do something.

It wasn't in the clubs hands. The deal was certainly dead before but as Forfinn said elsewhere (OTB?), a couple of weeks is a long time in football.

It wasn't in the clubs hands. The deal was certainly dead before but as Forfinn said elsewhere (OTB?), a couple of weeks is a long time in football.

Fair enough.

Saturday made it abundantly clear he hadn't been replaced though.

Fair enough.

Saturday made it abundantly clear he hadn't been replaced though.

Agreed, the center of midfield is still the one position I'm quite concerned about. I think if we had Jackson back I'd be fairly confident for the season ahead.

Yeah, it was on OTB. Unless Jim and Billy were having us on in Hungary (unlikely), then whatever it was that Irvine was trying to do elsewhere has fallen through. Even if we weren't his first choice, I'd still be more than happy to have him back.

I'm probably asking for answers to the unanswerable, but what kind of season do people who know a bit about our new signings / have seen the new squad in action, expect we have ahead of us? And how much of a difference would you think having / not having Irvine would currently make?

For example, predict what position we'll be in January a) without Irvine, b) with Irvine.

Or don't. I just want to know what we're in for, try to be ready emotionally...