The General Ross County Chat Thread

I definitely think Woods would be an improvement on Quinn or McShane, no offence to them, I just rate Woods highly. With Bachmann leaving too will MacIntyre prioritise brining in another keeper before looking at the pacy striker which was mentioned before? I would say that we probably won't get another striker now. Doesn't really bother me as curran and Boyce are playing well and Graham is a good enough back up.

Woods coming back is a bit of a shock. I was just typing up the squad list for the other thread and was thinking we already had a massive amount of midfielders. I wonder if this means Tony will be heading out on loan? He'll be lucky to even make the matchday squad at the moment.

We'll go in with an improved bid, like we did with Lovejoy. And we'll get him. Or we'll pull a Rangers and deeply unsettle the lad with speculation.

So you'll put in several more bids and eventually get him six months down the line at a time when it suits the selling club a lot more to do the deal?

Woods coming back is a bit of a shock. I was just typing up the squad list for the other thread and was thinking we already had a massive amount of midfielders. I wonder if this means Tony will be heading out on loan? He'll be lucky to even make the matchday squad at the moment.

I think that would be the best thing for him right now, exact same as Kyle MacLeod, playing every week will help them progress more than sitting on the bench at county.

The Bachmann thing is very odd. I can only surmise he was expected to be the starter. Fox has been exceptional so far, I don't really see it as being a bad move.

Woods is an odd one. I'm not sure we need him, although Lovejoy hasn't really impressed playing the Woods role. Good competition.

So you'll put in several more bids and eventually get him six months down the line at a time when it suits the selling club a lot more to do the deal?

Given our current form, yes, I'd imagine that's exactly the way things will pan out.

Martin Woods improved during his time with County. I am still unsure if I thought he was good only in comparison with how he started, or if he's genuinely good. I certainly wouldn't have gave him a two year contract with an option for a third. Makes me a bit sad again about Brittain's release.

Woods had a great touch at times. Just not always - otherwise he'd be in the Unglish Premiership.

Good footballer. Hopefully he can be that wee bit more accurate, e.g. with free kicks.

Spoiled for midfield choice now, but we need a goalie most of all. Within the next 2 hours?

If we are going to sign any Iraqi stars (or even ISIS members), it had better be quick. The transfer window slams shut in two minutes here.

5hrs later but I'm still in shock re Woods.

His free-kicks were horrendous, remember that one at the dump?

A worldly v Motherwell in the game that changed our season, but I dunno, just never took to him. Did he not f**k up in the last game of the season at Killie too and gift a goal?

Disappointed at the Bachmann news too, thought we had 2 good keepers there.

I'm not a big fan of Woods either. He's perhaps a bit better than McShane, but then McShane's younger, has only just stepped up and has potential.

I hope to hell we don't let him anywhere near set-pieces.

Edited by Spain