Jump to content

The General Ross County Chat Thread


Recommended Posts

Ironically he looks to be spittals replacement , I wonder if he’ll follow in the same mould as in being a poor/meh player for county then going to motherwell and being a standout!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Ironically he looks to be spittals replacement , I wonder if he’ll follow in the same mould as in being a poor/meh player for county then going to motherwell and being a standout!

Who actually did that?   Not Harry Paton, surely?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

County seem to always on the look out for a central midfielder.  It reminds me of the left back decades.  

Does Filip Kiss still have a year left in him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I thought he was massively underrated with us.  And I also think Hearts is a step too far.  

When he came back from his loan he had a wee purple patch but in my opinion before his loan he was pretty anonymous , agree hearts being a step too far, as for Yann at hearts I think he’ll be a quality operator for them

Edited by Rcfc fan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spittal was one of our best players when he left for Motherwell, of that I have no doubt.

Callachan going to any other premiership club is a surprise, SK obviously sees another Theo Blair opportunity. I wasn't his biggest fan so I'm not too disappointed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recall being happy we had signed Callachan (Malky signing?) since he was a standout at Accies. But other than a goal v Aberdeen and a ridiculous red card tackle v SJ? Nothing else, not sure why we offered a new contract. Horrible injury which we have correctly supported him with to his full recovery.

In saying that he will undoubtedly find form under Ketts and score several times against us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, StuartTaylor said:

I recall being happy we had signed Callachan (Malky signing?) since he was a standout at Accies. But other than a goal v Aberdeen and a ridiculous red card tackle v SJ? Nothing else, not sure why we offered a new contract. Horrible injury which we have correctly supported him with to his full recovery.

In saying that he will undoubtedly find form under Ketts and score several times against us.

Think the red card was against us, when he nearly killed Ryan Alebiosu. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Footballing ability aside (or lack of it), it shows the mark of the man after a club stands by you at the darkest moment of your career no doubt, yet you f**k them off at the first opportunity.

 

Bang average player with a decent engine and an aggression problem. Won’t be missed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Matty-RCFC said:

Footballing ability aside (or lack of it), it shows the mark of the man after a club stands by you at the darkest moment of your career no doubt, yet you f**k them off at the first opportunity.

 

Bang average player with a decent engine and an aggression problem. Won’t be missed.

I suspect it was a “mutual” thing.  He was talking at the end of last season about how much he loved it up here.  The club only seemed to offer a short term deal, and Motherwell offered him - incredibly - a second year option.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't mind him but I'm not that bothered he's away. Our fans had too high expectations for him because of the goals he scored the season before he joined but we rarely played him in the same position that he played at Hamilton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems odd to announce a new 1 year deal for Max Sheaf when he was already under contract?

I'm guessing he joined us for pennies and he's been rewarded with a better deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, staggy4life said:

Seems odd to announce a new 1 year deal for Max Sheaf when he was already under contract?

I'm guessing he joined us for pennies and he's been rewarded with a better deal.

Or with one which allows for a quick and easy release.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, staggy4life said:

Seems odd to announce a new 1 year deal for Max Sheaf when he was already under contract?

I'm guessing he joined us for pennies and he's been rewarded with a better deal.

I suspect that's the case but at least if he doesn't come on to a game it's only a year contract and not a total new extension etc 

Edited by Super Staggie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Nothing against Callachan, I hope he succeeds at Motherwell.  However if they think they are getting a direct replacement for Spittal, then they are mistaken.

Respectfully, the only suggestion that I've seen pointing to Callachan being a replacement for Spittal is the poster further up this page.

I'd guess that we're probably looking at Sam Nicholson and/or Callum Slattery to pick up from Spittal whereas Callachan's been brought in to run around a bit.

Edited by capt_oats
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Grow Do Something GIF by AionCommunity

You're about to announce Simon Murray to Dundee apparently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...