The General Ross County Chat Thread

He mentioned it in the P&J a few weeks ago. Given that there have been developments to the stadium in the last couple of seasons, I can see it happening.

The way that the Jailend was converted to seating was only semi-permanent, right? So in theory they could just remove the metal steps and the terrace will still be underneath, meaning that all they would need to do would be replace the crush barriers?

It's a no-brainer to me, make it happen. It would make Victoria Park pretty much the perfect small ground.

The way that the Jailend was converted to seating was only semi-permanent, right? So in theory they could just remove the metal steps and the terrace will still be underneath, meaning that all they would need to do would be replace the crush barriers?

It's a no-brainer to me, make it happen. It would make Victoria Park pretty much the perfect small ground.

Yes the original terrace is still underneath

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg710/scaled.php?server=710&filename=p1010157l.jpg&res=landing

The way that the Jailend was converted to seating was only semi-permanent, right? So in theory they could just remove the metal steps and the terrace will still be underneath, meaning that all they would need to do would be replace the crush barriers?.

Not necessarily. The safe standing examples I've seen need a wider base than the current terracing steps. The existing seats are attached to a metal frame which may or may not accommodate safe standing. If not, they would need to install a new frame to mount the safe standing system.

Of course the SPFL could take the decision that the small existing terrace is inherently safe since it's never had any trouble in all the time it's stood.

So it's a new structure then............

Edited by Staggie52

Not necessarily. The safe standing examples I've seen need a wider base than the current terracing steps. The existing seats are attached to a metal frame which may or may not accommodate safe standing. If not, they would need to install a new frame to mount the safe standing system.

Of course the SPFL could take the decision that the small existing terrace is inherently safe since it's never had any trouble in all the time it's stood.

So it's a new structure then............

The seats are part of the frame system, so the frame would come out. The safe standing would be also be a modular frame system also, so it would be another frame that would be put in.

I'd imagine the existing seating in the Jailend could be sold on for a fairly decent resale price, so that would help offset some of the costs of converting it back to standing.

We could put them towards a fourth stand.

We could put them towards a fourth stand.

No chance. You lot getting a fourth stand would take away quite a large chunk of my shitey patter whenever I'm talking to ICT fans in the pub after a few pints. I'm already honing my "it's not a real cup anyway" routine.

No chance. You lot getting a fourth stand would take away quite a large chunk of my shitey patter whenever I'm talking to ICT fans in the pub after a few pints. I'm already honing my "it's not a real cup anyway" routine.

"7,000 fewer fans in a larger stadium" is the line I'm going with.

• 1 month later...
29/03/14 Draw at Parkhead - does this performance indicate that the squad are clicking for real now and will pick up points from all remaining fixtures?

I like to think starting Boyd and De Leeuw has also helped. After yet another poor Hibs performance today we should be looking seriously at 7th, albeit those around us likely will too.

I like to think starting Boyd and De Leeuw has also helped.

There's no doubt in my mind.

My only concern with the defence before Boyd came in was how much teams might dominate in the air against Songo'o and Boyd, but how often have we seen that happen? Considering that was such a big problem for County through and beyond Autumn, it's a relief that the only thing to be concerned about at the moment is the goalkeeper parrying shots to forwards for the last four goals.

Replacing Slew for MdL and adding Carey back into the team made sense on every level and has been vindicated with Carey and de Leeuw being directly involved in the last two goals scored. It's not about numbers, or indeed about formations, it's all about balance.

County had a diamond in midfield yesterday and while I do think it was very effective (Carey, Arquin and De Leeuw worked well together; Tidser played very well with more space on the left knowing that Brittain was offering the opportunity to pass the ball back and retain possession) my main issue was that Kiss is clearly not suited to playing out on the right, as was shown on a few occasions when Cikos was left 2v1.

I'm pretty sure it was a more straight-forward 4-4-1-1 against Aberdeen so it's good to see that the team is able to interchange quite easily and we've got the option to go for something different. We missed that earlier in the season when everything seemed too rigid.

I don't suppose the majority of contributors to this thread will come across the P&J regularly, but I feel Derek Adams has opened up on his tactical decisions slightly. Towards the end of last week he talked about Melvin de Leeuw "being a number 10 really" and how de Leeuw thrives on the free role he is given (but can't be trusted with defensive responsibilities). Yesterday he discussed the midfield diamond and why putting wing-backs to assist the full-backs at the end of the match helped towards keeping the point that he felt he lost at the start of the season.

It's not often that we get enjoyable tit-bits from the manager so I thought it was worth mentioning.

Edited by bunglebonce