The General Ross County Chat Thread

That league table, by the way! :thumsup2 I mean, compared to 3 or 4 weeks ago... :o

It's weird. I'd gotten the idea firmly embedded in my head that we were totally buggered, that relegation was inescapable. That doing at the hands of Aberdeen had me about 1 or 2 defeats away from calling for McIntyre's head. And now we're on a tear, 4 wins in a row, and with a little luck it can go on a little longer.

Really do have to take my metaphorical hat off to McIntyre for the turn around, his additions in January have worked well, changing to 2 upfront has been a big improvement and he's done a miracle in lifting the spirits of the players, getting them to a point where they have self-belief again. We're obviously a long way from safety yet, and it can still go tits up but I'm believing. I was far too critical of the panic signings he made when he first came in, making do with what was available outside the transfer window.

It's weird. I'd gotten the idea firmly embedded in my head that we were totally buggered, that relegation was inescapable. That doing at the hands of Aberdeen had me about 1 or 2 defeats away from calling for McIntyre's head. And now we're on a tear, 4 wins in a row, and with a little luck it can go on a little longer.

Really do have to take my metaphorical hat off to McIntyre for the turn around, his additions in January have worked well, changing to 2 upfront has been a big improvement and he's done a miracle in lifting the spirits of the players, getting them to a point where they have self-belief again. We're obviously a long way from safety yet, and it can still go tits up but I'm believing. I was far too critical of the panic signings he made when he first came in, making do with what was available outside the transfer window.

I also.

I'd suggest he was quick to jettison his signings who manifestly weren't good enough - Dunfield, Toshney - and he's had to move away from his tried and tested formation, but results have improved and it'd be churlish not to recognise Jim's role.

I am equally confused. I'd already accepted what seemed to be our inevitable fate.

I cannot find a gif or a meme to even remotely sum up my feelings on this matter.

I've wanted him out since the St. Mirren debacle. Now, however, I'm willing to let him have another 5 games to see if he can somehow make this group of hapless individuals (I think he's signed 10 of them) look like a semi-competent team.

He's still got one game to go before he can wriggle off YODA'S HOOK OF DISAPPROVAL ^_^

I am equally confused. I'd already accepted what seemed to be our inevitable fate.

I cannot find a gif or a meme to even remotely sum up my feelings on this matter.

My "Your season so far, in a gif" thread had never been planned as such. In the run up to the Motherwell game I prepared a gif based firmly on the expectation that we were going to lose, and it would be safe to already sum up our whole season, in one gif.

Incidentally... It's not really my place to point this out, but what the hey: OUR TURNAROUND IN FORM COINCIDED WITH ME FLYING OVER FOR MY FIRST GAME IN YEARS. As it happens, our Scottish Cup run and winning of the first division also coincided with me being 'home'.

You're welcome.

My "Your season so far, in a gif" thread had never been planned as such. In the run up to the Motherwell game I prepared a gif based firmly on the expectation that we were going to lose, and it would be safe to already sum up our whole season, in one gif.

Incidentally... It's not really my place to point this out, but what the hey: OUR TURNAROUND IN FORM COINCIDED WITH ME FLYING OVER FOR MY FIRST GAME IN YEARS. As it happens, our Scottish Cup run and winning of the first division also coincided with me being 'home'.

You're welcome.

A true Staggie having discovered that talent would immediately abandon Australia and fly home for good. Just saying.......

I also.

I'd suggest he was quick to jettison his signings who manifestly weren't good enough - Dunfield, Toshney - and he's had to move away from his tried and tested formation, but results have improved and it'd be churlish not to recognise Jim's role.

Toshney apparently has a continuing injury which is probably why he looked brilliant for a couple of games, went out of the starting 11, and finally played a few times to confirm he was not going to deliver again. Playing part-time football now.

But anyway. Isn't everything great just now?

A true Staggie having discovered that talent would immediately abandon Australia and fly home for good. Just saying.......

And that's the difference, No. 52, between a young, enthusiastic, committed, honourable, spontaneous, naive True Staggie, and a wise, discerning, patient and prudent Great Stagsby.

Also, in order to 'abandon' Austrlaia, I assume I'd first need to spend some time there, and to be honest I can't afford the flights!

And that's the difference, No. 52, between a young, enthusiastic, committed, honourable, spontaneous, naive True Staggie, and a wise, discerning, patient and prudent Great Stagsby.

Also, in order to 'abandon' Austrlaia, I assume I'd first need to spend some time there, and to be honest I can't afford the flights!

What I love is my description as young, the 52 isn't my age but is a clue....

Apologies if I've suggested sending you to Australia, was sure you'd mentioned it before but the memory ain't as good as it used to be...

What I love is my description as young, the 52 isn't my age but is a clue....

Apologies if I've suggested sending you to Australia, was sure you'd mentioned it before but the memory ain't as good as it used to be...

I wasn't trying to describe you, just 'a true Staggie'. As I understand it, you are Staggie No. 52, which either means the 52nd ever player to play for Riss County, or the 52nd person to join the Ross County FC Fan Club, founded 1929. Either way, you must be AT LEAST 90 years old, no?

The Great Stagsby, dd, Staggie# and Spain ladding it up, yesterday:

lan_party_03_2008_ii.jpg

Keep it up, lads.

That's coming from a LAN party veteran.

I've learned how to do quotes on the phone! :) But not multiple quotes yet :( Thanks for sharing the journey.

ANYWAY, that picture is just horrible, I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

The Great Stagsby, dd, Staggie# and Spain ladding it up, yesterday:

lan_party_03_2008_ii.jpg

Keep it up, lads.

That's coming from a LAN party veteran.

No danger I'm one of those guys.

I'm quite sensitive to caffeine and that bottle of coca-cola would have me stropping out of there in a geek huff in seconds.