The General Ross County Chat Thread

I said yesterday that Fraser's break into the box for that 2nd goal reminded me of Gary Millers rampaging runs in our Div1 winning season, but it was actually much better. Pity the camera angle/height is so crap at the GES, doesn't do it justice.

The second goal was so reminiscent of some of the football in the First Division winning team.

On a similar theme: currently listening to Bruce Springsteen's Wrecking Ball, which takes me right back to the title win because it was released around the same week.

Don't waste your time. He's not released anything worth listening to since The Rising.

McFee made one start, although did guest star in a lot of one minute appearances. Staggie Archive has him playing 19 times from the subs bench.. He never played under Cooper. Watt made a couple of starts under Cooper and got binned.

Mike Rae has never been a ned as far as I am aware and I know him personally. A jovial chap that loves his football. Made the Champions League bench a couple or times for Rangers but turned down full time football to come back north. He absolutely loved the game in the Scottish Cup where he played against us for Buckie. He got dogs abuse from the Jailend, after his wind up comments in the local paper. His younger brother was a youth coach at County and was also a keeper.

Connor Campbell moved to Australia to play football and was playing in the tier below the A-League, he may have made it into the A-League for a season. He does coaching down under now.

Mike Rae has never been a ned as far as I am aware and I know him personally. A jovial chap that loves his football. Made the Champions League bench a couple or times for Rangers but turned down full time football to come back north. He absolutely loved the game in the Scottish Cup where he played against us for Buckie. He got dogs abuse from the Jailend, after his wind up comments in the local paper. His younger brother was a youth coach at County and was also a keeper.

Total fair do's. That was my impression based on a mere 5 minutes in his presence, so not going to argue with a man who knows him personally*. Definitely spotted the jovial side you refer to though.

*Unless your judgement is clouded by you also being a ned??

Mike Rae was an instructor in the Aquadome gym when I was last there a few years ago.

Russell MacPhee is two to the right of Billy Ferries in this pic:

ross-county-1995-96.jpg

I forgot how big Steve Hutchison was.

Plenty more on this site.

Not our most handsome XI of all time. Colin Milne is, or was, a pro golfer.

I know the Raes' personally as well, both of the brothers are anything but Neds. Two of the nicest guys you could meet. Both just love their football.

The contrast of the two of them playing football is quite funny. Mikey doesn't take anything that seriously and is all about megging people. Martin is a win at all costs battler. When playing fives they never play in goals. Both very silky players.

Mike Rae was an instructor in the Aquadome gym when I was last there a few years ago.

Russell MacPhee is two to the right of Billy Ferries in this pic:

ross-county-1995-96.jpg

I forgot how big Steve Hutchison was.

Plenty more on this site.

Thats Willie Watt behind Russel, he's the tall blonde lad stood next to a very young, cheeky-faced Richie Hart.

Can anyone remember anything about John Peacock?? He's stood between Jamie MacPherson and Hutchie.

Where did we get him from? I vividly remember hearing Bobby Wilson discussing him signing, and being excited, but dont remember any details (so not that vivid a memory...).

He might have been a defender? I dont remember him playing, and Staggie Archives has nothing on him :-(

Edited by dingdong1929

Jackson Irvine has been included in the Australian squad for the World Cup qualifying games v Bangladesh (IN Perth 3 Sep) & Tajikistan (in Dushanbe 8 Sep). He already has 1 cap for Australia substituting Mile Jedinak with 7 mins left in 3-0 win over Canada in 2013.

Socceroos squad

Aziz Behich, Nathan Burns, Tim Cahill, Alex Cisak*, Jason Davidson, Tarik Elrich, Adam Federici, Jackson Irvine, Mile Jedinak (capt), Tomi Juric, Robbie Kruse, Mathew Leckie, Massimo Luongo, Ryan McGowan, Matt McKay, Mark Milligan, Aaron Mooy, Tommy Oar, Tom Rogic, Mat Ryan, Matthew Spiranovic, Alex Wilkinson, Bailey Wright.

* Debutant

Is it appropriate to post an "in before the lock" on the OTB Kyle McLeod thread, when it'll be me who will no doubt have to lock it when it undoubtedly gets out of hand? I can sense RSB coming out with something ban worthy soon.

Is it appropriate to post an "in before the lock" on the OTB Kyle McLeod thread, when it'll be me who will no doubt have to lock it when it undoubtedly gets out of hand? I can sense RSB coming out with something ban worthy soon.

Credit to RSB, he seems to have pulled the thread back from the brink with his latest post.

At least the former players and managers thread is going well...

It's evident we're not allowed to talk about any former players or managers... unless they're from the Highland League days and we talk about their drinking habits, craic, and personal details.