The General Ross County Chat Thread

Well this is tasty!

Something else which I appreciate the flavour of, is the fact that I am now the proud owner of my FIRST EVER season ticket - quite a treat, after probably getting to around 25 games over the course of the past 16 years!

I am returning to Scotland, among other reasons so my eldest child can start school... and let me tell you that EVERY time I have returned to Scotland for reasons relating to my children, Ross County Football Club have experienced something special.

Scottish Cup run 2010? Stagsby was in Scotland for the birth of child number 1. (Left before the final, sorry :unsure:).

Promotion to Premier League? Stagsby in Scotland for birth of child number 2.

County 3-2 Motherwell, the start of the comeback? Stagsby, Scotland, child number 1 passport renewal.

Expect a good season, Staggies, and remember to thank Stagsby('s kids)  :lol:

BRING IT ON!

:thumsup2  :thumsup2 :thumsup2

:whistle

Schalk's dad saying in The Sun that Jim has offered Alex a contract until 2018. But there is interest from 'bigger SPL clubs' and teams from the English championship.

Certainly deserves a contract, I'd love him to stay.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rosscounty/7000943/Ross-County-fight-to-keep-final-star-Alex-Schalk.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160315-_-SunScotSport-_-396816627-_-Imageandlink

Seen that this morning, i'd be amazed if we haven't offered a new contract before now with the way he has been playing!

He's rapidly becoming a massive part of the team with the performances he is putting in, dare i say it but Curran may struggle a wee bit to shift him when he does finally become fully fit again.

Curran is better and does more to benefit the team imo

I hope Alex signs up for next season, it's Liam Boyce who needs to find form fast if he wants to make it into the Northern Ireland Euro squad.

There's every chance Schalk, Graham and maybe Goodwillie are ahead of him to start on Wednesday and also Saturday.

Edited by frankthetank22

Forfinn made the point yesterday in the pub (victory day off) that Boyce works better with a more physical player alongside him, so we reckoned our best partnerships are likely one of Boyce or Schalk, and one of Curran/Graham/Goodwillie.

Obviously Boyce is returning from another injury and needing to rediscover his form again, Curran is out for the season pretty much, Goodwillie needs to bed in, etc.  At this moment in time I think Schalk and Graham are our best partnership, but that could change within weeks.

Would love to see Schalk sign on.  With Boyce and Graham already on deals into next season I imagine it would then be a race between Curran for fitness and Goodwillie for form to see who gets the 4th striker position for next season.  Dont see us keeping 5 strikers (although really we've only got 4 just now, poor Craig  :( ) and I dont see Kyle MacLeod being in the first team next season.