The General Ross County Chat Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwQfnqrO7l0

All forms of violence are abhorrent and I think all concerned should follow the lead of R. Foran per the attached piece of picture in motion.

His insouciance amidst the bedlam caused by the home players and coach is a measure of the man.

I haven't a clue who that County player is who was booked, but that kind of thing is bad.

Down with that type of thing.

^^^ First-time-you-got-drunk-in-gifs-012.gif

Apologies if the wrong place to post but my brother and I are up for the Derby tomorrow. Just wanted to know good drinking hole(s) for before the game?

Are neutrals (ict seated) fans welcome etc?

Would be good to meet some folks before the game to see a derby. Iv not been to a derby since attending an old firm one when I was about 18 months old according to my dad.

Any help is appreciated.

Apologies if the wrong place to post but my brother and I are up for the Derby tomorrow. Just wanted to know good drinking hole(s) for before the game?

Are neutrals (ict seated) fans welcome etc?

Would be good to meet some folks before the game to see a derby. Iv not been to a derby since attending an old firm one when I was about 18 months old according to my dad.

Any help is appreciated.

The Mallard is probably your best bet (on the right just before you cross the railway bridge near to the ground if you haven't been before). Up the street there's also the National and the Caledonian.

We are in the away end due to my brother having a soft spot for the caley. I'm not bothered either way tbh. Looking forward to witnessing the cup parade for county though. Adds to the 2 I have seen with Livi ;).

We are getting the train from Inverness so the mallard seems like our best bet. Don't want to antagonise situations but as a livi fan never experienced a derby we want to make the best of it. Also I have never been to Victoria Park (or whatever its new name is). Looking forward to it.

We are in the away end due to my brother having a soft spot for the caley. I'm not bothered either way tbh. Looking forward to witnessing the cup parade for county though. Adds to the 2 I have seen with Livi ;).

We are getting the train from Inverness so the mallard seems like our best bet. Don't want to antagonise situations but as a livi fan never experienced a derby we want to make the best of it. Also I have never been to Victoria Park (or whatever its new name is). Looking forward to it.

We'll ignore you're brothers soft spot, but make sure he puts some ointment on it. Mallards fine, but you'll be welcome in any pub, before and after, locals are friendly. Enjoy your trip, the stadium name is a tax scam, so Victoria Park is fine, join the party... Edited by Staggie52

Plus it was draper who finished Craig Curran's season with a scything tackle from behind 18 minutes into the game on the 2nd January.

What a bunch of hammer throwers and so much for getting protection from the officials, they seem to openly encourage the thuggery.

(I'm really missing Craig :-( from the first team)

((pessimistic comment about league position removed at behest of Stagsby, plus I've heard Curran is feeling fit and itching to return and could be back before the season ends 😀))

Edited by frankthetank22

And there goes our top 6 hopes.

Bottom 6 it is then.

Get a grip, guys. Some of ours 'supporters' are driving me nuts this season. Are you the same ones who completely wrote off our season the second Boyce and Curran both went down injured? We've clung on to top 6 and won a cup since then! I know we've been up and down recently (yes, UP as well), and that Irvine is a massive player for us, but there's still everything to play for in what could easily turn out to be our best season ever. Have a bit of faith, and for goodness sake get behind the team.

You may well turn out to be right, but if you are please don't enjoy your "told you so" too much.

'Mon the Staggies.

Love it when Stagsby goes 'Mon the Staggies on us.

County haven't won a league game in which Jackson Irvine has been absent, since he joined the club.

Granted he has featured in every league game so far this season, so the minuscule sample consists of matches from last season, including the Celtic games and:

• 2-2 away to Hamilton (he and Boyce both had knocks... points lost more due to Jervis being hopeless in his last start than Irvine being missing)
  • 1-2 home to Partick Thistle (two good long range strikes by Thistle but, ominously, they completely bossed the midfield)
Edited by bunglebonce

Bloody hell Stagsby did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning?

It was a flippant remark from me but thanks for the advice anyway..

On the Dens game next week, Bain and Harkins out for them. Harkins can either be a pudding or a matchwinner and I'm glad he's missing.

Read somewhere we're getting the stand behind the goal which makes for a much better Dens experience. Surely we can get 2 or 3 buses to this.

'Mon the Staggies indeed.

Fair doos to you if that's the case ST, you can't always tell with the written word... FYI my own emotions when writing were more "Come on guys, get behind the team" than "RA RA RA< SEETHE SEETHE SEETHE ^@%$$(*&", and came from seeing several (IMO) over-reactions from County fans on P&B in recent weeks, including a couple of people on this thread apparently now writing us off for a top six finish. 

Remarkably in terms of the split run-in, by my calculations it's still possible for us to lose our last 2 pre-split games and still get a top 6 spot - in fact, for ourselves, Saints and Motherwell all to go into the split on the same points as now, in the same positions as now.

Erm... 'Mon the Staggies, aye?

Friends?  :unsure: