The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Tokely is a hammer thrower of the highest order, what do you expect?

A fine & a lengthy ban.

Not sure how these things work with preseason friendly matches. I don't think the officials did anything about it in the game, the bit I read was that none of them saw it happen.

Will the video footage be used to take action against him?

On 01/07/2023 at 14:09, forkboy said:

Fair enough if you find it boring & tiresome but trying to imply I'm an Old Firm fan is just too far.

I apologise for that. Basically any team BUT the old firm is good in my book. I guess Hearts/Hibs have a thing, a `bit`, not on the same scale sure, but I find it embarrassing that it is STILL part of Scottish culture.  Just wish the old firm would take their sectarianism hate and piss off to the English leagues... Or better still Antarctica!! Perhaps Elon Musk could fucking fly them to Mars, it's a disgrace and makes me ashamed to be Scottish. 

I'm proud of the County&ICT rivalry though. It's done in a nice way. Even almost, allllmooosttt want Caley to get promoted (God forgive me for my sins). This year wasn't even fearing relegation as I knew it would at least bring the derby back. That in itself would be a positive influence on the youth here, bring fans back to the stadium for both teams which would be ace for the Highlands. I even know a Rangers fan who deliberately steered his children away from watching them because of the hatred that goes on. Excellent parenting IMO, few and far between sadly. How people can have no connection with Glasgow and pick one of the old firm in the bloody Highlands is a serious lack of imagination!! I guess most people are thick as.

On 01/07/2023 at 14:09, forkboy said:

(And yes, the name is taken from the Lard song. Even the bitter can like good tunes!)

Lard are fucking class!! Ministry, NIN, Dead Kennedys, Foetus etc. There is a list of genuine quality music, not for everyone sure and too heavy for some, but seriously talented musicians. Unlike most of the pish these days. It's depressing actually.

Not sure if you watched the Ministry documentary 'Fix', some parts maybe distasteful for some. However, in the documentary a friend of Al Jourgensen talked about how he went with Al to an ice hockey game where he started a chant, basically aimed at the opposition goalkeeper. Soon the entire home crowd all joined along, it affected the game!! 

Frankly Victoria Park (remember that name!) could do with some atmosphere these days. Basically the County atmosphere is absolutely shockingly bad. So negative and I'm sure it affects the players. I remember it being far better back even in the Highland league days. Didn't always be like that. Even when the crowds were much, much smaller.

That is what the club SHOULD be focusing on IMO. Create an atmosphere and I ain't talking about goal music!

While the stewards do their best to kill an atmosphere, for home fans ONLY I might add. Yet they ALL stand back when Celtic/Rangers/Aberdeen/Dundee United etc are in town.

Yet it's the extreme negativity of the home support which I find disgraceful. Shouting at County players often during the early stage of a match too. I hear it also happens with ICT too. What causes this negativity in this area? Don't understand... Yet anyone living in the Highlands really are super lucky to be working and living in the best part of Scotland/UK, even possibly the world really. 

8 hours ago, Sonam said:

While the stewards do their best to kill an atmosphere, for home fans ONLY I might add. Yet they ALL stand back when Celtic/Rangers/Aberdeen/Dundee United etc are in town.

Yet it's the extreme negativity of the home support which I find disgraceful. Shouting at County players often during the early stage of a match too. I hear it also happens with ICT too. What causes this negativity in this area? Don't understand... Yet anyone living in the Highlands really are super lucky to be working and living in the best part of Scotland/UK, even possibly the world really. 

Famously the only two clubs to ever criticise their players.

20 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

A fine & a lengthy ban.

Not sure how these things work with preseason friendly matches. I don't think the officials did anything about it in the game, the bit I read was that none of them saw it happen.

Will the video footage be used to take action against him?

Of all the templates Joma have to offer, that’s the one they chose?  Get rid of the splattering and you’ve got an acceptable kit. 

Christ on a bike.  Looks like those boys have been decorating the changing rooms.  Dark RSE logo totally lost as well.  

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Of all the templates Joma have to offer, that’s the one they chose?  Get rid of the splattering and you’ve got an acceptable kit. 

Get rid of the splattering and you have a Hearts kit!

31 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Can we have a new player so we can forget about this?

Interview with Fergie yesterday suggests there’s more to come this week. He also sucks Aberdeen’s ballocks for about 6 paragraphs but whatever floats his boat I guess.

During a time of division amongst the Ross County support, it's impressive to see the club have managed to unite the fanbase with the new away shirt. I've never seen a kit so universally reviled.

56 minutes ago, Widge said:

Why are the shorts a totally different colour?

The best guess on that so far is that while the shirt is bespoke, the shorts and socks are out of the Joma catalogue and don't quite match. The Joma logo on the shorts is white (as opposed to black on the shirt) as well. Hopefully it'll all match up by the time the season starts...

ETA: There we go: https://www.joma-sport.com/en_US/shorts-man-nobel-burgundy/100053.671.html

Edited by Forfinn