The General Ross County Chat Thread

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

why are our facebook fans still adamant we have a squad that's too good for the position in the league? it blatantly and absolutely isn't

i think most sides in the league (livi aside) wouldn't take many of our players. dhanda and laidlaw are the only two outstanding ones. brophy, if fit.

Agree with the general point but imo Brown , Nightingale and Murray have all been decent standard and better than what we usually see brought in

Oof.  Allerdice and Smith out for three months.  Ryan Leak away for a scan but could be a long-term absentee.  Nightengale away for an injection in his knee.  Baldwin suspended and injured.   Would be amazed if a centre half doesn’t come in this week. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Oof.  Allerdice and Smith out for three months.  Ryan Leak away for a scan but could be a long-term absentee.  Nightengale away for an injection in his knee.  Baldwin suspended and injured.   Would be amazed if a centre half doesn’t come in this week. 

What happened to Dylan Smith? Seemed to do well any time he played last season. I appreciate he's unlikely to play every week, but does Adams not fancy him, as I've hardly heard his name mentioned recently. 

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

What happened to Dylan Smith? Seemed to do well any time he played last season. I appreciate he's unlikely to play every week, but does Adams not fancy him, as I've hardly heard his name mentioned recently. 

Did you not read the post you quoted? He’s been injured ever since he hobbled off against St Mirren in early December.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Jesus. Saturday could be a cricket score.

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Did you not read the post you quoted? He’s been injured ever since he hobbled off against St Mirren in early December.

Oops, obviously I didn't read it! Shame for him. Do you think he could become a regular in the next season or two?

There's a real lack of youth players progressing to become regulars at St Mirren right now. 

47 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Oops, obviously I didn't read it! Shame for him. Do you think he could become a regular in the next season or two?

There's a real lack of youth players progressing to become regulars at St Mirren right now. 

Yeah.  He’s about the best (read: only) prospect we’ve produced since Don Cowie.  He’s not ready yet, but he looks a decent bet to make it.  

1 hour ago, Kempes said:

Teddy Jenks, currently at Forest Green Rovers, being linked to your good selves. Midfielder previously spent time on loan at Aberdeen. No sign of a centre back yet.

Sounds like a done deal.  I am not opposed to this. 

eta: I see Ross Munro has joined Dundalk on a permanent deal.  And of course our Facebook fans react in a reasonable manner.  Seemingly Ross Munro is, along with *checks notes* Ross McIver and Jack Murray, the latest star who was rejected for lesser players from down south.  

Edited by Savage Henry

23 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Sounds like a done deal.  I am not opposed to this. 

eta: I see Ross Munro has joined Dundalk on a permanent deal.  And of course our Facebook fans react in a reasonable manner.  Seemingly Ross Munro is, along with *checks notes* Ross McIver and Jack Murray, the latest star who was rejected for lesser players from down south.  

Wasn’t good enough I’m afraid. Our conversion from Academy to Starting XI is atrocious. 

10 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Wasn’t good enough I’m afraid. Our conversion from Academy to Starting XI is atrocious. 

He’s also about 5ft 10 with very dodgy positioning.  Nowhere near a top flight player.  

not wishing to be unfair, but he’ll be playing for Elgin in two years time.  

Edited by Savage Henry

On 21/01/2024 at 20:10, Savage Henry said:

Here’s the thing: by all accounts Derek Adams is thoroughly decent company off the pitch.   I don’t really understand his press interaction either, and I assume he says the polar opposite on the training ground.  A football version of Nixon’s madman theory. 

Not by all accounts - the two people I know who are acquainted with Adams personally both say he's an absolute walloper away from football too. They both agree his dad's worse, though, tbf.

Edited by lennyzer0

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He’s also about 5ft 10 with very dodgy positioning.  Nowhere near a top flight player.  

not wishing to be unfair, but he’ll be playing for Elgin in two years time.  

From the NoS cup final, there's Highland League keepers every bit as good as him.

Yeah after seeing munro in the challenge cup final years ago it was fairly clear he wasn’t up to being our number 1 , back up goalie for us is always an awkward one to fill but happy enough with it being English loanees behind an established number 1 like laidlaw or fox previously 

Ross Munro should’ve been turfed after the Diddy Cup final against Connah’s Quay Nomads. He was an absolute omnishambles and almost single handedly chucked that game. A nice lad I’m sure, but was never going to be good enough. 

56 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Ross Munro should’ve been turfed after the Diddy Cup final against Connah’s Quay Nomads. He was an absolute omnishambles and almost single handedly chucked that game. A nice lad I’m sure, but was never going to be good enough. 

I somewhat agree with the above, however he was only 18/19 when we won the Challenge cup…

The Nairn County NOS final was the nail in the coffin for me.