The General Ross County Chat Thread

Very good first half at Parkhead. By no means under the cosh at any point. Playing some really nice stuff.  Credit to Wickens too for two pen saves. 

1 hour ago, tintax said:

Very good first half at Parkhead. By no means under the cosh at any point. Playing some really nice stuff.  Credit to Wickens too for two pen saves. 

39 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Probably safe to say Adams doesn’t want Brophy around given the subs he’s made so far. 

Really good TEAM performance today, DA and the players involved deserve credit for today 👏👏

Some of the "missing" players maybe need to have a word with themselves & an attitude adjustment, realise who pays their wages and what's expected of them as Ross County players. 

The poor performances from many of these missing players is what cost the last manager his job. We're in a relegation battle and need STRONG characters with a will to win. Not chancers looking to jump ship or take extended family breaks when Ross County have games to win. 🤬

Only caught the last twenty minutes but I thought we looked pretty good in that short space of time. Two big chances for White and Sims at the end of the game which on another day could’ve earned us a point. Hopefully take that performance into the game on Tuesday.

Edited by Staggie_93

An excellent performance by all accounts. Hopefully it's the start of something, rather than just a flash in the pan. Fair play to Adams: He's obviously identified the problems and made changes quickly. I didn't realise there had been so many signings until today.

14 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Any movement on this by the way? Not seen a sniff of any rumours anywhere.

Derek Adams about an hour ago: “I can’t see anybody leaving”.  

Hoping to get one more (winger?) in. 

On 26/01/2024 at 13:53, forkboy said:

Can you do us a solid then? Let me know when it's appropriate to be sceptical about stuff like falling right back into the old Adams habit of completely changing the squad every 6 months, driven by a transfer policy that reeks of "throwing a whole lot of shit at the wall & seeing if any of it'll stick". Tah

Explain the difference in signing players on a transfer policy that in your opinion reeks of  "throwing a whole lot of shit at the wall & seeing if any of it'll stick' to one that signs players on long term deals who in my opinion have underperformed, underachieved, are inconsistent and frankly gone nowhere?

On 26/01/2024 at 15:28, Pete the Jakey said:

Or we could watch his interviews first hand from behind the sofa hoping he doesn't make a complete arse of it.  

You see I dont think he makes an 'arse' of his interviews. I think they are brilliant. His '100x better' remark in hindsight may have been regrettable, but other than that if what he says gets folk wound up, then thats their problem. He speaks honestly which I find refreshing, and I reckon there is method in what he says. I heard a well respected pundit on the radio today say as much as well.

2 hours ago, silver said:

Explain the difference in signing players on a transfer policy that in your opinion reeks of  "throwing a whole lot of shit at the wall & seeing if any of it'll stick' to one that signs players on long term deals who in my opinion have underperformed, underachieved, are inconsistent and frankly gone nowhere?

Simple. Results are always the barometer used for fans regarding signings and is always taken in hindsight. If the team are getting results it's the latter and if the team aren't getting results it's shit against a wall.