The General Ross County Chat Thread

13 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

The scorched earth he will leave behind him is unlikely to recover by Spring. Will that be enough to save the whole season? There are still six points to play for in head-to-heads vs Livingston.

Agree totally but from the outside looking in I won’t be surprised if the chairman sticks by his man, as is often the case when he already fired the previous manager, he will want to save face by not firing a second man in the same season.

Very hard to hear anything other than "I'm gone tomorrow" from that interview.

Whether it's Adams' own choice to leave, or he anticipates getting sacked, who knows, but it's not the words of someone fighting for their job.

15 minutes ago, Rosscubed said:

1. It absolutely was right to get shot of Malky. His time was up, and we were going nowhere

2. Derek actually seemed like a reasonable shout at the time, plenty of experience, knew the club, hope that some of the rough edges polished off

3. First three games actually went OK, with a January window to rebuild.

4. Lost the plot in post match interview and pretty much spiralled from there.

I really wanted this to work. It really hasn't.

Bang on the money. Adams was the right appointment at the time. An experienced option who has had success everywhere he’s gone. He started well, and then just completely lost the plot after Dundee. It was curtains from there.

Only DA to blame here. He inherited a squad with potential, and turned them into relegation fodder. 

Hopefully he is gone tomorrow. I’ve never felt more dejected watching County. 

Edited by StoneThrowAway

Am I the only County fan still backing Adams?

His record at the club surely earns more than 2-3 months. And if it takes too long to turn things round this season, who would be better to win promotion next season. 

Tonight was an absolute shambles yes. He clearly hasn't figured out the answers yet. But he has always been a streaky manager - takes a while to turn things round but when it clicks, it really does.

Actually feel a bit for Uncle Roy here. Went for an old hero, an old hero that he allegedly didn't get on with too well, hoped for former glory and Adams has just pissed in his face, squandered even more of his money and is absolutely begging for a payoff all the while blaming everyone but himself.

The only good coming of this, is that Adams' is utterly setting fire to his managerial career in the process the longer this goes on.

Shite for Ross County fans all round.

3 minutes ago, AndyX said:

Am I the only County fan still backing Adams?

His record at the club surely earns more than 2-3 months. And if it takes too long to turn things round this season, who would be better to win promotion next season. 

Tonight was an absolute shambles yes. He clearly hasn't figured out the answers yet. But he has always been a streaky manager - takes a while to turn things round but when it clicks, it really does.

You can’t genuinely back somebody with those man management skills? 

1 minute ago, Matty-RCFC said:

You can’t genuinely back somebody with those man management skills? 

Those have always been his man management skills. Beating Celtic at Hampden and the invincible run were with those man management 'skills'. It's always been his way. He just needs to bring together players who respond to it.

26 minutes ago, AndyX said:

Those have always been his man management skills. Beating Celtic at Hampden and the invincible run were with those man management 'skills'. It's always been his way. He just needs to bring together players who respond to it.

You have to adapt though. The players are people, too. They have personalities. You can’t just wander in, tell them how shit they are, and then expect that they’re going to react to that. Some will have - Murray and White seem the type to relish that challenge. The rest clearly haven’t. 

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The only good coming of this, is that Adams' is utterly setting fire to his managerial career in the process the longer this goes on.

He will walk back into a job in England no matter what happens here.

16 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

You have to adapt though. The players are people, too. They have personalities. You can’t just wander in, tell them how shit they are, and then expect that they’re going to react to that. Some will have - Murray and White seem the type to relish that challenge. The rest clearly haven’t. 

Some will relish that challenge, some will hate him. That's why the Derek Adams way won't work until he finds the players who respond well. You can't judge him in 2-3 months. 

Maybe the players who don't like it are the problem. Brittain, Vigurs, Boyd, Gardyne, Lawson, Kettlewell, etc played their best football under Derek Adams.

Edited by AndyX

4 hours ago, AndyX said:

Some will relish that challenge, some will hate him. That's why the Derek Adams way won't work until he finds the players who respond well. You can't judge him in 2-3 months. 

Maybe the players who don't like it are the problem. Brittain, Vigurs, Boyd, Gardyne, Lawson, Kettlewell, etc played their best football under Derek Adams.

Come on, this isn't a 'style', he's been an incoherent mess in these interviews. I haven't seen him show any kind of fight, he has blamed everyone but himself and essentially claimed that he won't be able to do anything about it. Implied one week that he maybe hadn't done enough research into what he was inheriting, then last night claimed he came into it with his 'eyes open'.

I'm all for giving managers time and actually think he probably needs at least a few weeks with his new signings to see if he can turn the results around, but let's not kid on that this is anything more than a struggling manager talking shite after some poor results.

Edited by houston_bud

If he leaves by mutual consent my respect for the man would increase because it's very uncommon for a manager to admit defeat and walk away if things aren't working instead opting to wait to be paid off. It's funny how Adams being direct and honest in his interviews gets labelled bizarre - don't get that.

If it's only a short stint back in Scotland then it's been an interesting introduction to him and I like his style, but above all how straightforward he is. I thought he might have been playing 4D chess initially after the Dundee game, but I think I was wrong on that one - he was just giving his honest take which is probably better.

Edited by 2426255