House of the Dragon

IrishBhoy

On 25/10/2022 at 16:00, Venti said:

As decent as this season was, I'm hoping for better in s2.

Hide contents

Bit of an abrupt end after the dragon fight. As soon as they passed the storm, you knew they were deid.

Due to the fact that the book material is already out there, I am hopeful that the following seasons will be more exciting. The start of Season 2 should be a great watch (Blood and Cheese, don’t Google it if you don’t want it spoiled). The first season can’t really be seen as anything more than setting up ‘The Dance of the Dragons’, and to be fair I don’t think it ever pretended otherwise. 

On 24/10/2022 at 17:57, Detournement said:

It was almost as if they knew had weak sauce for the finale so they just chucked in a miscarriage that the Girlboss Queen walked off like  it was an early reducer in a 90s cup tie. 

Rhaenerya has a miscarriage at that point in the books as well, so I don’t think it’s fair to say that it was ‘chucked in’ to prop up a weak finale. (Although in the books the baby comes out with skin like dragon scales, which the writers decided to leave out of the show). I don’t think the finale was great, but I’m happy enough that it’s laid the groundwork for future seasons. 

On 01/11/2022 at 01:12, Christophe said:

Talk of it being 2024 before we see anymore 

Yeah seen it reported that filming won’t start till at least March 2023, and if they want to fall in with timescales that fit Emmy awards guidelines then the full series needs to be aired either before 31st May 2024 or after June 1st 2024. If the series overlaps any of those dates then they are ineligible for Emmy nominations, so it’s looking likely that it’s going to be Autumn 2024. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

On 30/10/2022 at 01:50, IrishBhoy said:

Rhaenerya has a miscarriage at that point in the books as well, so I don’t think it’s fair to say that it was ‘chucked in’ to prop up a weak finale. (Although in the books the baby comes out with skin like dragon scales, which the writers decided to leave out of the show). I don’t think the finale was great, but I’m happy enough that it’s laid the groundwork for future seasons. 

Wasn't quite left out. Just not emphasised.

• 8 months later...

Just finished season 1. 

Feeling slightly underwhelmed with it. I think some of my mates that proper loved the main series talked it up a bit too much. 

It was better than your average TV series but I can't go as far as saying it was really good. 

The time skips were interesting but personally I'd have happily just started the season from the last time skip, the different children of the potential warring houses and their dragons is what makes this show interesting, didn't quite need 5 episodes of reinforcing the King choosing his daughter to be the successor. I might be too harsh considering it's season 1 of a new show and I'm kinda expecting season 6 GOT level episodes. 

I though that Matt Smith was the stand out performer and just behind was the absolute WID that was with the scabby old Kings wife. Also honourable mention goes to Sophies dad from Peep Show, completely broke my immersion and made me laugh about how recyclable British actors are. 

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Glad I watched the first season again before tonight. I think I got who was who for a change.

Hopefully one day they will be able to show someone dismount a dragon without it looked absolutely stupid.

Aegon tattoo coming I think. Well, I do have Joffrey. Both cut from the same cloth.

8 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Glad I watched the first season again before tonight. I think I got who was who for a change.

Hopefully one day they will be able to show someone dismount a dragon without it looked absolutely stupid.

Aegon tattoo coming I think. Well, I do have Joffrey. Both cut from the same cloth.

Funnily enough I had a chuckle when Rhaenyra got down off hers on the beach. It was horrific 🤣

16 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Wish I had watched the first series again. Didn’t really have a clue what was going on!

Good start.

Was kind of wondering if I'd forget everything from s1 & have to rewatch it or have a heavy recap.

Spoiler

Start with the Stark theme & wall was cool.

Don't think I'm the only one who sniggered when he said "The Queen speaks with two tongues." after what happened earlier to her.

46 minutes ago, Venti said:

Good start.

Was kind of wondering if I'd forget everything from s1 & have to rewatch it or have a heavy recap.

Reveal hidden contents

Start with the Stark theme & wall was cool.

Don't think I'm the only one who sniggered when he said "The Queen speaks with two tongues." after what happened earlier to her.

The Stark boys accent was horrendous. 

1 minute ago, The Golden God said:

The Stark boys accent was horrendous. 

Spoiler alerts aren't your thing, are they?

45 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Talking about someone’s accent isn’t a spoiler. 

Quoting someone's spoilered part of a post is. People who haven't yet watched it yet might not want to know the Starks bit.