Things You Learned Today

2 hours ago, tinkerbelle said:

Whilst listening to Talksport radio today, the presenter passed a comment about a friend of his. He said that when his friend went for a dump in his own house, he would always strip naked before doing the said deed. Almost immediately the producer on the other side of the studio said he did the same thing. Then the co-presenter, ex football player Darren Bent said that he also stripped off when going to the toilet!!

Never heard of this before. Anybody on here do the same?

My pal does this but he does something even weirder that he only just revealed recently.

When he’s doing a shite he doesn’t sit on the seat, he sits directly on the porcelain. Apparently he finds the seat uncomfortable and sitting on the porcelain means his knee are higher so it’s easier :lol:

1 minute ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

The correct way is to remove trousers and undergarments then sit on the seat facing the wall. The cistern can then be used as a coffee table.

Where did you have your lunch thread for this pish.

3 hours ago, tinkerbelle said:

Whilst listening to Talksport radio today, the presenter passed a comment about a friend of his. He said that when his friend went for a dump in his own house, he would always strip naked before doing the said deed. Almost immediately the producer on the other side of the studio said he did the same thing. Then the co-presenter, ex football player Darren Bent said that he also stripped off when going to the toilet!!

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

My pal does this but he does something even weirder that he only just revealed recently.

When he’s doing a shite he doesn’t sit on the seat, he sits directly on the porcelain. Apparently he finds the seat uncomfortable and sitting on the porcelain means his knee are higher so it’s easier :lol:

Sounds like the weirdos that stand up to wipe and go back to front.

6 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

This is actually pretty smart. Squatting opens everything up and makes evacuation much easier, preventing the necessity of squeezing it out (which can result in piles). I had a mate once who put a couple of wooden blocks under his feet to raise them up and I have another mate who installed a squatting toilet.

Your mate is a man of resourcefulness and sagacity.

Aye, squatting and bum gun for me.  No effort required, only problem as soon as I stand up I need a pish.

Took a few times to get  the posture correct.  Now I feel awkward on a sit toilet.

10 hours ago, tinkerbelle said:

Both my wife and son take a shower after taking a dump. My son strips off before said dump, my wife not although I believe she does before taking the shower.  Not every time though, but if time permits.  And no, they don't take a dump in the shower.  

Stripping naked for a shite is common in autistic people. I'm not suggesting everyone who does it is autistic, but it is something that I've heard of before in that context.

FWIW, I can't sit on the loo if my arms are covered, so if I'm wearing a jumper over a teeshirt I have to take the jumper off, or if I'm wearing a shirt I have to roll the sleeves up before I sit down. 

5 hours ago, velo army said:

This is actually pretty smart. Squatting opens everything up and makes evacuation much easier, preventing the necessity of squeezing it out (which can result in piles). I had a mate once who put a couple of wooden blocks under his feet to raise them up and I have another mate who installed a squatting toilet.

Your mate is a man of resourcefulness and sagacity.

I read an article about shiting posture last year,  said something about there being a relatively rigid wall of muscle at the front of the rectum that's only fully opened with your knees higher than your hips. It's made shitting a much more satisfactory process and removed the need for extra time and penalties. 

Shitting position should be taught at primary school along with the washing your hands and disclosing tablets lessons. 

13 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I read an article about shiting posture last year

I found this revelation more amusing than the actual chat about people taking their clothes off for a jobby !

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Aye, squatting and bum gun for me.  No effort required, only problem as soon as I stand up I need a pish.

Took a few times to get  the posture correct.  Now I feel awkward on a sit toilet.

Surprisingly, there are no squat toilets here - all are the sitting style.  But, many folk have them but no plumbing so a bucket of water is used.  My in-laws are the same but they turn on the water when I'm visiting! See the bum guns from time-to-time but not common.  

18 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Surprisingly, there are no squat toilets here - all are the sitting style.  But, many folk have them but no plumbing so a bucket of water is used.  My in-laws are the same but they turn on the water when I'm visiting! See the bum guns from time-to-time but not common.  

The hose on every toilet was one of the best things about living in the Middle East. Way more hygienic and sanitary but only when in your own home. Wouldn't want to use it when in a public toilet but then again I have trained my colon not to ask for such things when away from my house.

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

I remember my first trip to India and being confronted by a cubicle with a bum gun and no toilet paper/drying capabilities.

Just held it in. Not sure what I was supposed to do. Wait there until my ring piece dried off naturally?

Hand drier