Stalking

ICTChris

Before the otherwise inevitable mention, I would like to get it on record that I've never knowingly visited (or sent Christmas cards) to the home of any P&B member, from the exception of those that have actually invited me in.  😉

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Before the otherwise inevitable mention, I would like to get it on record that I've never knowingly visited (or sent Christmas cards) to the home of any P&B member, from the exception of those that have actually invited me in.  😉

You might need to clarify what you consider being invited in...

15 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I think we all know the real story here...

Nah he wouldn't have known what job I was applying for to try and get to me to get to her. If that's what you're thinking of. The fact we ended up in the same job and the same team is pure coincidence, a very big coincidence at that. I'm going with that anyway 😄

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Nah he wouldn't have known what job I was applying for to try and get to me to get to her. If that's what you're thinking of. The fact we ended up in the same job and the same team is pure coincidence, a very big coincidence at that. I'm going with that anyway 😄

That wasn't my 1st thought.

OK, hands up - I was alluding (jokingly) that the Mrs reaction to the situation was because maybe the stalker was not so much him as her!  

I forgot I had one years ago. After a brief fling (I realised she was batshite mental) I booted her in to touch or so I thought. But she waited outside my work and collared me a few times. She frightened a couple of other girls I went out with away. Her next move was to turn up and make a play for some of my mates. They of course did the decent thing and took full advantage, despite my discomfort.

She got a job in England had to move. I heard much later she joined the police, which still worries me.

22 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Mrs Mathematics had one for a while. He got to know her as he was her driving instructor. 

He is no longer her stalker.

There was a film out based on this a while back. Creepy stalker guy kidnaps a young woman he's obsessed with and puts her in a cage. He lets her out, and it turns out she's a sadistic serial killer.

I haven't seen it, but I'm assuming it doesn't go well for him.

There was a film out based on this a while back. Creepy stalker guy kidnaps a young woman he's obsessed with and puts her in a cage. He lets her out, and it turns out she's a sadistic serial killer.
I haven't seen it, but I'm assuming it doesn't go well for him.

Hard Candy, I think.

10 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Hard Candy, I think.

No, Hard Candy I did see! I didn't know who he was back then, but Patrick Wilson turns up in absolutely everything.

The one I'm talking about was more recent; I saw a trailer for it on a DVD, thought it was an interesting idea, then promptly forgot the title. I asked if it rang a bell with anyone on here a while back, but no joy. Frankly, the trailer gave away far too much anyway.

On 06/09/2022 at 09:35, throbber said:

I have a stalker right now. Fortunately you can’t tell through my thick work trousers.

We get it, no need to draw a picture..

..well, actually, seeing as it's yourself, Throbs, you might as well... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Martin Hardie liked a bit of stalking. Wasn’t there a photographic reconstruction on here of him climbing his terrorised ex’s drainpipe? He’s a physically intimidating big lad so just have been horrendous for the poor girl having him on her case all the time.

On 07/09/2022 at 22:33, BFTD said:

No, Hard Candy I did see! I didn't know who he was back then, but Patrick Wilson turns up in absolutely everything.

The one I'm talking about was more recent; I saw a trailer for it on a DVD, thought it was an interesting idea, then promptly forgot the title. I asked if it rang a bell with anyone on here a while back, but no joy. Frankly, the trailer gave away far too much anyway.

Captivity (film) - Wikipedia

???

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

No, but weirdly enough I just saw Captivity again a few months ago, as I'd forgotten what it was. It's very similar to the film I'm thinking of, only without the (slightly) clever twist of the victim being more of a monster than the kidnapper - Captivity was a really straight ahead "woman is captured, tortured, and then escapes" story. Kermode's obviously being a bit OTT there, but he's pretty much spot-on about how bland and unimaginative that film was.

Oh, erm, sorry for the spoilers. Pretend I'm wrong and she doesn't escape, although a "twist" like that is way to radical for the bland mind that created this...*checks notes*...two-time Academy Award nominee Roland Joffe  :o

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

No, but weirdly enough I just saw Captivity again a few months ago, as I'd forgotten what it was. It's very similar to the film I'm thinking of, only without the (slightly) clever twist of the victim being more of a monster than the kidnapper - Captivity was a really straight ahead "woman is captured, tortured, and then escapes" story. Kermode's obviously being a bit OTT there, but he's pretty much spot-on about how bland and unimaginative that film was.

Oh, erm, sorry for the spoilers. Pretend I'm wrong and she doesn't escape, although a "twist" like that is way to radical for the bland mind that created this...*checks notes*...two-time Academy Award nominee Roland Joffe  :o

I realised it wasn't right when I looked it up but it seemed close enough to be worth sharing. 

I found out that a woman I work with had to leave her job and move house when she was 19 because she was stalked by a colleague.  After she left, he did it to several other women and this week one of them got her brothers to severely beat him up.

The guy used to creat hundreds of burner Instagram accounts to message her.  His line was that he had £30,000 in the bank so she should go out with him.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Martin Hardie liked a bit of stalking. Wasn’t there a photographic reconstruction on here of him climbing his terrorised ex’s drainpipe? He’s a physically intimidating big lad so just have been horrendous for the poor girl having him on her case all the time.

Martin Hardie did indeed get convicted of stalking and harassing his ex, the fucking p***k that he is.

My wife wasn't quite stalked but definitely sexually harassed by an older male colleague (twice her age at least) when she was about 17. He attempted to chat her up repeatedly, made loads of inappropriate comments and when she asked to be put on a different shift from him he poured a can of beans over her car and then his partner turned up at the work to scream at her for "trying to steal her man". The place they worked were horrendous to her about it and didn't deal with it well at all.