Best ever international break?

Donathan

Obviously the win in Serbia was the best individual result of the Clarke era, but a slight souring was put on it by conspiring to Hibs our nations league group with a hungover team in the week that followed. This break has had everything.

An emphatic win over the team that ended our World Cup dream, having to fight from behind to sneak out a win against a local rival, then managing to squeeze out a point in a really tough away game despite an injury and illness ridden squad. 

September 2022 will live long in the memory. 

The other great thing that's come from this break is the success of new formation and how some of the squad players have gotten on.

If we are playing 4 at the back and Robertson, Tierney, Hickey and Patterson are all available, who plays? I think Hickey has nailed down the right back slot.

Who is our first choice centre back pairing now? Genuinely no idea if everyone was available. Jack Hendry has had three colossal games.

I think McGregor, McTominay and McGinn pick themselves in midfield but other two midfield positions could be up for grabs. 

Adams has been magnificent up front but still feel we are lacking a couple of clinical strikers.

Goalkeeper as has been discussed is up in the air aside from Gordon 

Lots of questions to be posed next time we have a match but mostly good problems to have.

11 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

The other great thing that's come from this break is the success of new formation and how some of the squad players have gotten on.

If we are playing 4 at the back and Robertson, Tierney, Hickey and Patterson are all available, who plays? I think Hickey has nailed down the right back slot.

Who is our first choice centre back pairing now? Genuinely no idea if everyone was available. Jack Hendry has had three colossal games.

I think McGregor, McTominay and McGinn pick themselves in midfield but other two midfield positions could be up for grabs. 

Adams has been magnificent up front but still feel we are lacking a couple of clinical strikers.

Goalkeeper as has been discussed is up in the air aside from Gordon 

Lots of questions to be posed next time we have a match but mostly good problems to have.

I think John Souttar, Grant Hanley and Scott McKenna all spring to mind as partners for Hendry, but Hendry would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me. I’d probably lean Souttar for the other spot, but could understand if Clarke wanted a left footer. Liam Cooper will need to fight his way back in now and may even have fallen behind Porteous after that performance tonight. 

The full backs I’d probably just go on form but Hickey and Robertson are the slightly better players imo. 

Would like to see Ross Stewart get more of a look up front. Dykes and Adams are perfectly good picks but we are a bit thin on numbers when one or both are not available and Stewart’s scoring record for Sunderland is fantastic. 

Edited by Donathan

24 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I think John Souttar, Grant Hanley and Scott McKenna all spring to mind as partners for Hendry, but Hendry would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me. I’d probably lean Souttar for the other spot, but could understand if Clarke wanted a left footer. Liam Cooper will need to fight his way back in now and may even have fallen behind Porteous after that performance tonight. 

The full backs I’d probably just go on form but Hickey and Robertson are the slightly better players imo. 

Would like to see Ross Stewart get more of a look up front. Dykes and Adams are perfectly good picks but we are a bit thin on numbers when one or both are not available and Stewart’s scoring record for Sunderland is fantastic. 

Scotland look right men centre back back up with two person player for if Clark pick 4-4-2 or 4-3-3

McKenna and Hendry important centre back to Clarke look

back up possible Souttar and Porteous 

If Clarke look 3-4-3 than Souttar right side with Hendry and left side centre back McKenna and still look right player to middle centre back and back up to Left side centre backand middle centre back (not Hanley)

Good back up with full back to 

Rb Hickey and Patterosn & lb Roberston and Tierney 

Attack midfielder solid

McGinn, Armstrong and Christie but Clarke still look other attack midfielder might possible Campbell (Hibs) or Anderson (Newcastle Utd)

centre midfielder 

Jack, McGregor, McTominay but Look right men creative (not McLean) but might Barron 

striker 

Hope Stewart fit than important striker for back up than Shankland would top score than can in squad for back up too

adam and Dykes important of Clarke like striker 

if Gordon and McLaughlin decide to retire international fooball than Scotland look right men keepers

back up 

Kelly replace Marshall

McCrorie replace McGregor

possible Doohan and Zander Clark replace them

Edited by Craigieboy86