County V Well

10 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I didn’t see the game so can’t do a debrief type post but my god. Saw the team at 7 o clock and knew it would be tough with Paton and Callachan starting - I thought we’d lose tonight but I didn’t think that was forthcoming. He simply has to beat Livi at the weekend, a place we never win, or his peg will fall off the wall.

Absolute drivel by the way. Expect nothing else from yourself though, one of the strangest contributors on the whole site.

Yet it continues to hit a nerve. Can't wait til he gets sacked and you can all pretend you were against him being appointed from the start.

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'm still not entirely sure quite what the penalty was for. It was a horribly awkward thing he did, and I think it probably was a penalty, but I'm not actually sure quite.. what for?

Not seen any highlights but from our vantage point in Strathpeffer* it looked like Efford was about to shoot and Callachan came through him and didn't get the ball. 

*Totally don't understand why were stuck away in that corner like that - when County bring a similar micro-support to Fir Park, they get 2000-odd seats to choose from..I can't imagine it was a difficult crowd to look after, although the stewards did give that impression.

Yet it continues to hit a nerve. Can't wait til he gets sacked and you can all pretend you were against him being appointed from the start.

I’m not saying that we were all against it from the start. I personally was, stopped going to a games for a while then started to miss my football fix so went back. Surprisingly, the fans don’t appoint the manager. What could we as fans honestly have done different to give us a “spine”.

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I wasn’t. 

Last night we played 5 black players,  4 of which have sub-Saharan heritage and had the only professional of Indian heritage in the country on the bench.

Isn’t it a b*****d when the opposition are always accusing you of being a racist club when you have one of the most diverse and inclusive squads in the country? Your racially motivated ignorance is very tiresome. 

Edited by Pete the Jakey

36 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’m not saying that we were all against it from the start. I personally was, stopped going to a games for a while then started to miss my football fix so went back. Surprisingly, the fans don’t appoint the manager. What could we as fans honestly have done different to give us a “spine”.

Not go?  Go and watch someone else for your fix?

14 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Last night we played 5 black players,  4 of which have sub-Saharan heritage and had the only professional of Indian heritage in the country on the bench.

This is genuinely a good thing to be fair, congratulations. Hope the fans are taking it well.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

Not go?  Go and watch someone else for your fix?

Easy for you to sit there and say that though. Put yourself in our shoes - wanting to watch your team. I’ve a soft spot for Clach and went for a few weeks but going to GS wasn’t the same.

As for “not go”, I didn’t go. 100s of County fans stopped going. There’s a reason our attendances are the lowest in the league. Fact of the matter is, there’s several of the older generation of County fans that simply don’t care about what he’s done in his past and just want him for his football related credentials. That chunk, and it’s large, would never stop going because of him and ultimately there is nothing fans that were against the appointment could’ve done.

Just now, TheScarf said:

How can I be racist?  All my players are black.

What a staggering lack of EDI awareness you have just exhibited.

In 1999 the Steven Lawrence enquiry report defined racism as:

"The collective failure of an organisation to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their colour, culture, or ethnic origin. It can be seen or detected in processes, attitudes and behaviour which amount to discrimination through unwitting prejudice, ignorance, thoughtlessness and racist stereotyping which disadvantage minority ethnic people."

So yes, signing ethnically diverse players is important.  Very important and I am proud of our diverse squad.