Scotland Spain Norway Cyprus Georgia

8 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Of all the third seeds, Norway was definitely one I wanted to avoid. They have a far superior squad

Disagree with this. Haaland is obviously a class above any of our players. Ødegaard is their next best player, but we have a few playing at a similar level to him. Our average player is far better than their average player. There’s no reason we can’t win the midfield battle and limit Haaland’s impact on the game. I think my biggest worry is that it might end up going to GD and he will score a barrel load against Georgia and Cyprus whilst we make hard work of 1-0/2-0/2-1 wins 

Just now, Donathan said:

Disagree with this. Haaland is obviously a class above any of our players. Ødegaard is their next best player, but we have a few playing at a similar level to him. Our average player is far better than their average player. There’s no reason we can’t win the midfield battle and limit Haaland’s impact on the game. I think my biggest worry is that it might end up going to GD and he will score a barrel load against Georgia and Cyprus whilst we make hard work of 1-0/2-0/2-1 wins 

In terms of comparing positions I've not looked thru their squad to really know. But we don't have a creative attacking midfielder anywhere near the level of Odegaard.

28 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

In terms of comparing positions I've not looked thru their squad to really know. But we don't have a creative attacking midfielder anywhere near the level of Odegaard.

If you had to rank the players on the park from 1-22, it would go: Haaland, Odegaard, then a whole bunch of Scotland players, then the rest of the Norway team 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

If you had to rank the players on the park from 1-22, it would go: Haaland, Odegaard, then a whole bunch of Scotland players, then the rest of the Norway team 

You would have to go through it player for player, which I don't have the time or inclination to do.

But I just had a quick look thru their squad and they have other players playing in the top flights in England, germany, Spain, as well as guys in Portugal Holland and Belgium. Playing for benfica, feyenoord and Gent.

So unless your going to analyse every player in their squad and come with some proof they are poor players im absolutely not buying they have Odegaard, Haaland and then a bunch of numpties.

I think we can beat them but let's be serious with our assessment.

• 8 months later...
On 12/10/2022 at 09:27, Donathan said:

Haaland. Odegaard , McLean , Dykes ,,, 

maybe a different order though

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain