Morton V QP

Agree with Dunning in that we need to be winning 1 of the next 2 to get our season back on track.  Huge incentive to jump 3 places and into the playoffs with a win. 

If we are sitting 4th on Sat night, we can go into the Dundee and Cove games with real confidence.

Been hoping for a midfielder to come in but not looking likely. 

It's been 12 games since we last kept a clean sheet which is nuts considering we hadn't lost a goal the 4 games previous. Really need a settled team again, there's been quite a lot of change in the back 4 recently so hopefully with Waters in, we can have a settled back 4.

Need a result,  think we might just get it.

1-0.

I’m quite surprised at Morton fans thinking that a) they have a decent chance of winning and b) it’ll get them back on track.

Our team is significantly improved since the first game and Morton’s hoofball prowess won’t work this time. We have numerous players who can score. We attack swiftly and in numbers. Our shutouts in the last 3 months are formidable. Defence is solid. Anything’s possible of course but the probable is heavily stacked against you.

As for “getting back on track”, if you lose does that mean the wheels are off the bogey?

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’m quite surprised at Morton fans thinking that a) they have a decent chance of winning and b) it’ll get them back on track.

I knew you guys were taking your captain stepping off the team bus to sign for someone else on the same night you got papped out the cup pretty hard, but I didn’t think it was enough to cause trauma to the brain.

a) both teams have a decent chance of winning this game; b) after five without a win, yes it would get us back on track.

Keep calm and your powers of reasoning will eventually return.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Absolute drivel.

A) Morton are exactly the type of team we have struggled against

B) Especially away from home

C) They have strengthened in January

D) They are winless in 8. So, yes a win against top of the league, that puts them back in the play-offs - seems an open and shut 'back on track' to me. 

We’re going to lose games of football between now and the end of the season, so it stands to reason that a team who’ve already beaten us could do so again.

If we keep doing what we’ve been doing, we stand a good chance of a result. Not a league for making predictions, though, as Thistle will testify after back to back home defeats by the bottom two.

We won’t be able to tell the impact of the loss of Murray for a few weeks. Two games is far too small a sample size for that. Delighted with where we are on the pitch, but still very much proceeding with caution. 

These Queens morons are as bad as the Morten. Deary me.

Whatever the outcome Coyle will be raving n about fantastic football as the ball gets passed back time and time again.

The Morten should press high and not let these morons knock it about the back aimlessly. We done so at Dens a fortnight ago and made them look like the pub team they are. Couldn't string a pass through the high press to their striker all game and resorted to the hoofball they claim the Morten play.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Our team is significantly improved since the first game and Morton’s hoofball prowess won’t work this time. We have numerous players who can score. We attack swiftly and in numbers. Our shutouts in the last 3 months are formidable. Defence is solid. Anything’s possible of course but the probable is heavily stacked against you.

As for “getting back on track”, if you lose does that mean the wheels are off the bogey?

Your panic-stricken P&B performance last Tuesday to Friday as you waited for the axe to inevitably fall on your Cup “run” was the stuff of comedy gold, but unfortunately you’ve now reverted to type as a waste of internet bandwidth.

3 hours ago, Spiders67 said:

Absolute drivel.

A) Morton are exactly the type of team we have struggled against

B) Especially away from home

C) They have strengthened in January

D) They are winless in 8. So, yes a win against top of the league, that puts them back in the play-offs - seems an open and shut 'back on track' to me. 

Jeez! You’re still not getting this PnB thing, are you? 

4 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Your panic-stricken P&B performance last Tuesday to Friday as you waited for the axe to inevitably fall on your Cup “run” was the stuff of comedy gold, but unfortunately you’ve now reverted to type as a waste of internet bandwidth.

When all's said and done, we deservedly beat Inverness and Ayr on the park. No panic there. At the moment.

9 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

4 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Kids, kids - you're both wastes of bandwidth. 

Despite Morton’s recent poor set of results, you’d be foolish to suggest we’re gonna simply turn up and get the 3 points. As much as I’d love that to happen, Hamilton and cove have both proved last week that every game is unpredictable. Morton are very strong at home and the last encounter between the sides was the only game of the season so far where I left thinking we were completely out fought. 

We’ve came out of an incredibly difficult set of fixtures over the January period completely unscathed. The new signings of Oakley and Shields looked very positive last week but like what’s been said already, we need to see over the next few weeks the true impact of Murray’s departure. I personally think we’ll be okay but I’m slightly apprehensive when we end up against the teams at the bottom end of the table as they’ll more than likely set up very defensive. That’ll really show what Shields is about 

Will be a tough one but as always with this team I’m confident we can get the 3 points 

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

When all's said and done, we deservedly beat Inverness and Ayr on the park. No panic there. At the moment.

You did indeed and I’m not denying that at all. Just remarking that one of your fans was behaving like a headless chicken (to be fair, so was one particular Caley Thistle fan - maybe they should get together for Valentine’s Day and hurl hot pies at each other from twenty paces or something. Would make more sense than their output on here. 🙂)

23 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Jeezus!!!   I wouldn’t normally give a toss who wins this, but after reading that shite,,,,.’Mon the Ton’.