Hamilton Academical thread

7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

It's just another example of why the bans weren't and aren't the only issue. After all the threats, manipulation and blackmail, it looked like they'd found a resolution that placated most people, but now they've shown that they're still willing to lie and publicly throw fans under the bus, potentially incriminating them while a police investigation is still allegedly ongoing. 

There is no Police Investigation.This was just a ruse put out by Walter Mitty to cover his back.

At least we have a Final to look forward to where most of the boycotters and stay away fans will attend and will let Mr 10K know in person he is not wanted.

On 07/02/2023 at 23:11, TONTROOPER said:

I wonder if Dougie had known Tumilty was becoming available he'd have signed Waters.

Tumilty was released before the end of January. I’m sure “Dougie” would’ve tried to sign him if he wanted him. 

He’s not a left back though. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Could we make the promotion play offs? It’s not for me to say, but if we never lose again then yes.

Imo we just focus on staying up then go again next year and then we can focus on challenging for that. Even though I think we will stay up we are definitely not out of it yet as we are still 9th rn. Hopefully next year we will be better prepared than what we were this year 

15 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Could we make the promotion play offs? It’s not for me to say, but if we never lose again then yes.

For easy math, the team in 5th are earning 1.5 points per game. They are currently 12 points ahead of you with 12 to play, so they would expect to get 18 more points. That puts them 30 points ahead of you, with a massive GD advantage, and you have 11 games left. So you need at least 31 of 33 points to overhaul 5th…and probably 33 of 33 for 4th. Your statement is likely only correct if you say ‘we never lose or draw again”.

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Yeah it is. Hopefully this reply's not too late

Aye mate cheers, ended up going. Thought your lads were brilliant and definitely didn’t deserve to lose the game. Wee Latona and Chris Mcginn I thought were both outstanding. Thought Redfern was good too given he’d been out for so long.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2023 at 01:27, accies1874 said:

Surely we're not letting McGinn and One go away with Scotland and miss the cup final? That seems really foolish.

As I understand the FIFA regulations, a club may not refuse to release a player for a national callup as long as it is within a specified international window. The next international window is 20-28 March. If it matters, Raith have had Ngwenya called up, and he will miss the match. Not the same, but not inconsequential, especially as yesterday we could have used him.