Dunfermline v Falkirk

16 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

It's fair enough questioning your manager's moral compass is it not?

By your argument, you could sign Goodwillie on Sunday, play him upfront at EEP and we couldn't express our disdain at the decision.

Didn’t Benedictus come out and back Goodwillie? What’s your views on that?

fwiw I do agree with your point, but genuinely interested to hear what you think of your captain 

Edited by Just a bairn

Just to add a bit on.... Falkirk were linked to Goodwillie as is well known. Most of us on here were rightly seething about it, many of us contacted the club, and many more has their say via a Falkirk Supporters Society ballot which was returned to show Falkirk fans in a majority against going anywhere near the horrible wee goblin. 

What John McGlynn does or doesn't think about the whole situation, I don't know. I haven't heard him reflect on it. What I do recall most clearly was the unrepentant and disdainful attitude of Raiths chairman specifically towards the fans, which was an out and out disgrace. 

McGlynns involvement in the signing of Goodwillie was IMO, ill advised as  it would be for anyone getting involved with him. However, its really quite the leap to refer to the man as a "rape apologist" because you don't like his current or previous club. 

I admire the morals of the majority of P&B who want absolutely f**k all to do with Goodwillie, who by now has already had way too much oxygen on this thread, so it will be my last word on the matter, but those morals leave no space for petty, cheap pointscoring for me. 

I wouldn't have wanted McGlynn anywhere near my club after what happened in January.  Before that, I would have taken him as I think he's a good manager at this level, regardless of whether he was at Raith or not.

Re Benedictus, my view is that he was wheeled out in front of the media as club captain.  I am sure he didn't want to be there as it was a complete hospital pass.  He played no part in the signing and left the club at the first available opportunity - and to their biggest rivals.  

38 minutes ago, badgertothebone said:

*who's=who is

"whose" is possessive.  

I think he meant someone left a jobby lying around and he is accusing your winger.

23 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

What John McGlynn does or doesn't think about the whole situation, I don't know. I haven't heard him reflect on it. What I do recall most clearly was the unrepentant and disdainful attitude of Raiths chairman specifically towards the fans, which was an out and out disgrace. 

McGlynns involvement in the signing of Goodwillie was IMO, ill advised as  it would be for anyone getting involved with him. However, its really quite the leap to refer to the man as a "rape apologist" because you don't like his current or previous club. 

I admire the morals of the majority of P&B who want absolutely f**k all to do with Goodwillie, 

On the contrary Bairnardo, it's quite the leap to say that the reason that people call John McGlynn a rape apologist is because he manages Falkirk. Rather than say, because he signed a rapist? 

To say McGlynn was ill advised is an absolute nonsense, he was the advisor, he was the guy pushing the signing. 

There would be more leeway for that if McGlynn had reflected on it, and admitted the scale of which he'd fucked up. As it is, and as you've said he's kept schtum about it. 

It's odd IMO that you've said you admire the morals of the P&B posters who want f**k all to do with Goodwillie, but seem content to support McGlynn who wanted everything to do with him. 

McGlynn is an absolute cock of the highest order, the team he manages has nothing to do with that, the fact he signed a rapist after Raith Rovers fans had made it extremely clear that he wasn't welcome.