PnB celeb spotting

Disco Duck

I'm sure I've written about this on here before but I was once pissed on by Kevin Kennedy, otherwise known as Curly Watts off Coronation St.

In the late 80's, I was visiting a mate in Manchester who happened to share a local with Mr. Kennedy. I was in the bogs taking a whizz when he came in and as there were only two urinals, we ended up standing side by side. He nodded and gave me a polite "A-right?" and we carried on with our business. He's a bit taller than me and as a result, my bare left arm received a fine misting from his splashback. I didn't like to say anything but all I could think was "I'm being pissed on by Curly Watts." 

And to answer the question you're all wondering; yes, his boaby was bigger than mine.

Edited by Shotgun

9 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I'm sure I've written about this on here before but I was once pissed on by Kevin Kennedy, otherwise known as Curly Watts off Coronation St.

In the late 80's, I was visiting a mate in Manchester who happened to share a local with Mr. Kennedy. I was in the bogs taking a whizz when he came in and as there were only two urinals, we ended up standing side by side. He nodded and gave me a polite "A-right?" and we carried on with our business. He's a bit taller than me and as a result, my bare left arm received a fine misting from his splashback. I didn't like to say anything but all I could think was "I'm being pissed on by Curly Watts." 

And to answer the question you're all wondering; yes, his boaby was bigger than mine.

He wrote a song about it.

See the source image

When I lived in San Diego i worked in a music store and Mark Hoppus of Blink 182 was a fairly regular shopper. Good guy, took a joke well and wore home made music tshirts of Crass and Fugazi. I'm not a fan of the sound, a couple of ok songs but I liked him. This was way back around their 2nd album so not the mega star he was to become but was still pretty well known.

I used to work in a hotel when I was younger and the assistant manager was Welsh and a huge rugby fan, and as he knew I played he used to ask on a Saturday evening (the joys of split shifts) if I had played that afternoon, how I got on etc. So as normal one Saturday I had been telling him about my how I had played full back that day and scored an interception try for our 2nd team when he tells me Gavin Hastings is staying. Think no more about it other than might spot him later today. About an hour later im wandering through reception on my way to the bar when I spot the manager having a chat with Gavin Hastings. He calls me over then says, tell Mr Hastings about the try you scored today while playing full back. 

Still my most embarrassing moment of my life talking a Scotland and British Lions legend through scoring a try for my local 2nd team in a friendly.

I’ve met Arnold Schwarzenegger. Mrs Mathematics still hasn’t forgiven him for refusing to lift her for a photo.

I’ve served plenty of folk over the years as my job as a barman. Hartson was decent, Frankie from The Darkness was a gent and the guy from Keane was pissed that I didn’t recognise him.

6 minutes ago, King Ian said:

I've met both Gazza and McCoist and had decent conversations with both.  Craig Brown too.

Can't think of any non-fitba celebs.

Craig Brown did a 'meet the workforce' 20-odd years ago. When he met me he looked at my (very dark) green shirt and said 'I can tell which team you support.'

'You can tell I'm a St Mirren supporter just by looking at me? That's impressive...' was my reply. Conversation stopped right there...

Sat next to Aled Jones on a plane to Edinburgh once. I was a wee bit pissed and might have asked how he enjoyed walking in the air..........

Annabelle Croft - very professional, incredibly skinny.

Judy Murray - seemed really nice, wasnt looking to be recognised.

Jim Kerr in an Edinburgh pub years ago, seemed like a good guy.

Not me but my wife got in a hotel lift in Birmingham where she was running a course - said hello to this guy and asked him how he was enjoying the course. He was really polite and said it was great.

Only dawned on her later that she recognised him not from the course but because it was ex England Manager Bobby Robson.

I used to work behind the bar at the Tyneside in Haddington which was Fish's local. A nice guy with no airs and graces. I meet him at Waterloo Station getting off the same Eurostar as me the day after the Scotland Brazil 1998 World Cup game.