Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Forbes is lightyears ahead of the other two based on tonight’s hustings. A real shame how backwards her social views are. Regan is a bit of a rocket 

It is a shame but there are Ross County supporters on this forum who have reconciled themselves to the private religious beliefs of their owner in the interests of their mutual objectives. 

Kate is proving to be way ahead of Humza in intellect and her imperative to cut through more than nonsense narrative is as impressive as it is inspiring.

I genuinely feel she has something about her that can attract the cohort that is required to get us over the line.

8 minutes ago, sophia said:

It is a shame but there are Ross County supporters on this forum who have reconciled themselves to the private religious beliefs of their owner in the interests of their mutual objectives. 

Kate is proving to be way ahead of Humza in intellect and her imperative to cut through more than nonsense narrative is as impressive as it is inspiring.

I genuinely feel she has something about her that can attract the cohort that is required to get us over the line.

There are also Ross County supporters who think their owner is an arse, albeit a very rich and, superficially, generous one.  

Edit: and it’s also somewhat trite to compare a hobby with the leadership of the country.  

Edited by Savage Henry

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

There are also Ross County supporters who think their owner is an arse, albeit a very rich and, superficially, generous one.  

and yet you contribute to the cause in your own quaint way.

I love the smell of hypocrisy on the Sabbath.

3 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Forbes is lightyears ahead of the other two based on tonight’s hustings. A real shame how backwards her social views are. Regan is a bit of a rocket 

Behold, a master of understatement.

There's a reason why she still only has one solitary MP/MSP endorsement, and it's totally unsurprising that individual is also a complete and utter welt.

Found it amusing that in a hustings that couldn't have been more gentle or friendly, she still managed to elicit a heckle from her own party members with her "westminster WILL listen" nonsense. I was just disappointed the heckler got shushed, because I wanted to see just how long she would indulge an "aye they will/no they wullnae" playground style back and forth. She's miles out of her depth, and its a fucking embarrassment to both herself and Cherry that they think this is contributing anything whatsoever to the proceedings. It's obvious that her inability to contribute anything of substance is down to the fact that her only motivation for standing is to act as an agent provocateur on one particular topic. I'm just wondering if she'll be able to restrain herself until such time she is punted from the competition before the inevitable happens and the mask slips.

Edited by Boo Khaki

6 hours ago, Bodie said:

*sees small fire, grabs petrol can

20230303_173451.thumb.jpg.bdfd4691bfe492e3a17da1681daece49.jpg

Humza Yousaf and Prince Harry both being associated with terrorism. A column from noted Blackface enthusiast David Baddiel. What a lovely publication that must be.

17 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

I agree about the splits being a problem - a serious one.

When you speak of dishing out hellfire to sinners, I don't agree at all.  What the Free Church tries it's best to do, is preach God's will via his word to those who attend.  The Free Church isn't dishing out hell to anyone, but giving it's interpretation of what it believes hell to be.

Hell is absolutely spoken of in the bible, but everyone has their own interpretation of what the text actually means.  My own belief, is that the gloriously hyperbolic language in the bible doesn't indicate a place with physical pain, torture and suffering, but is designed to let you know that you don't want to be there.  I see it as eternal separation from God.  What that even means is something I'm not sure of myself.

The Free Church goes by the Westminster Confession of Faith, so you can find it's official teachings there, but I know from experience that different FC ministers will even interpret the WCOF in different ways.  You don't have to agree with and follow every teaching to be a member either.

The FC doesn't have teachings on Roman Catholics (apart from loving your neighbour as yourself, which applies to all human beings) but teachings on it's theology, which is a completely different thing.  You could even argue that the term 'Protestant' is anti-Catholic by definition, given it's origins.  I'm sure former moderator of the FC David Robertson has even described RCs as our Christian brothers and sisters, and I agree with that.

I've never heard my minister preach on the Anti Christ so can't help you there.  I don't know what the FC's position is, but it'll be based on the bible.  Revelation is an incredibly difficult book to make sense of IMO!  Ironic, given it's name!  All it reveals to me is confusion and a sore head! :D

When I joined, I specifically asked about Sabbatarianism, and was told to observe Sundays as the Sabbath where no work should be done, other than works of necessity.  He stressed to me, that I didn't have to refuse to work on a Sunday if I had to.  I'm not sure if this was my minister's opinion or FC position.  I can't really comment on how Forbes sees the situation.

I think she absolutely can put her beliefs into practice as FM.  Holding beliefs and therefore putting them into practice in one's own life doesn't mean trying to force them on everyone else.  My personal take is that God tells us marriage is between one man and one woman, so I have no choice but to see it that way.  That doesn't mean I should try and force everyone else's marriages to fit that definition though.  It's obvious that she isn't going to try and re-open the gay marriage debate.

Put it this way, if we based all our laws on the bible, then we'd be prosecuting people for lying, adultery, using the Lord's name in vain, hating people, getting drunk and having impure thoughts!  Prisons are crammed enough as it is :D 

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded reply mate but I hope I covered everything.

Good reply. I don't share your views but wouldn't argue against someone's faith.

As to Forbes, there's the point that was made elsehwhere that she may become leader of the SNP but not FM. Unlikely to garner a majority of MSPs. Yousaf the only candidate the Greens will likely support for FM.

12 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

If I had a vote I'd actually be swinging in behind her. Her ideas and strategy are maybe totally impracticable, but she'd shake things up.

I had to switch off with 30 minutes to go, the sound levels were atrocious. I couldn't hear the questions or half the answers, particularly Humza's, maybe it was my laptop. Most annoying.

35 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Good reply. I don't share your views but wouldn't argue against someone's faith.

As to Forbes, there's the point that was made elsehwhere that she may become leader of the SNP but not FM. Unlikely to garner a majority of MSPs. Yousaf the only candidate the Greens will likely support for FM.

Doesn't need to be a majority of all MSPs, just the candidate with the highest number of votes. So unless Labour/Tory/Lib Dems/Greens propose an alternative and then all of them vote for that candidate, it doesn't matter if the Greens don't vote for whomever the SNP put up. We've had minority governments before and FMs that have had less than half of the total votes in the chamber before so it won't be a problem here. Only way this could happen realistically is if some of the SNP MSPs don't vote for the winner but even then it will need some agreement between the other parties to vote for a concensus choice.

14 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

The more I see and hear Regan and Yousaf speak the less I like the thought of them as potential leaders. Thats not a vote for Forbes just an observation.

They are all genuinely terrible. Forbes is also a very poor speaker, I expected her to torch her campaign floundering albeit maybe not quite as spectacularly as she did. 

It’s surely too big a lead for the SNP to *lose* the next Holyrood election, and events can always change things entirely. But with the stale government of the past few years, losing Sturgeon’s personal vote and whatever shenanigans will follow whoever wins this contest around, it isn’t looking great for the SNP right now. 

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

They are all genuinely terrible. Forbes is also a very poor speaker, I expected her to torch her campaign floundering albeit maybe not quite as spectacularly as she did. 

It’s surely too big a lead for the SNP to *lose* the next Holyrood election, and events can always change things entirely. But with the stale government of the past few years, losing Sturgeon’s personal vote and whatever shenanigans will follow whoever wins this contest around, it isn’t looking great for the SNP right now. 

I don't see them losing, but then again there was a time were I would have never thought Labour would lose up here. There was once a joke that you could pin a red rosette on a monkey and it would get elected in Scotland.