The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

2 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

What a thoroughly disingenuous way of framing ‘Scottish government seeks to ban long discredited practice of.conversion therapy’. While I wouldn’t have expected any better from the Telegraph, I might have from you, especially now as the gender moonhowlers have decided glorious leader Kieth has a trans kid and want him removed as a result. 

2 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

The article is behind a paywall, and I'm not going to pay the Telegraph for access. Any chance of posting the full article?

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

The article is behind a paywall, and I'm not going to pay the Telegraph for access. Any chance of posting the full article?

MSN ran the article in full, works for me in the US but not sure if it will in Blighty. Spaywall.com if not 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/parents-who-refuse-children-gender-change-face-seven-years-in-jail-in-scotland/ar-AA1mHusw

9 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

MSN ran the article in full, works for me in the US but not sure if it will in Blighty. Spaywall.com if not 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/parents-who-refuse-children-gender-change-face-seven-years-in-jail-in-scotland/ar-AA1mHusw

Cheers.

At first glance, it looks to be a consultation rather than new legislation. I wonder whether @Jedi2 undertands the difference?

2 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Cheers.

At first glance, it looks to be a consultation rather than new legislation. I wonder whether @Jedi2 undertands the difference?

It is a consultation. It’s probably why the Telegraph (and the BBC) are trying to frame it as trans folks first because if the headline was ‘Religious Weirdos Claim It’s Their Sacred Right To Terrify Gay Teenagers’ then most people might think that probably it’s a bad thing to terrify gay teenagers. They may well have thought it isn’t a thing anymore given South Park were taking aim at ‘pray the gay away’ camps 20 odd years ago. 

Edited by carpetmonster

9 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Cheers.

Of course he does but as with incarnation number 1, that won't stop him howling at the moon.

'Howling at the moon' = wondering about the merits of proposing to introduce prison sentences for parents who take part (not in conversion therapy btw) but in not necessarily being 100% on board with their child's decision to transition...so in summary to not fully support this proposal at Consultation stage in the hope that it soon becomes legislation equates to howling at the moon 😄😄😄

It's always so easy to twist things to make it seem like you are sincere with genuine concerns and the opposite opinion sound unhinged

From the article:

A consultation stated that parents or religious leaders would not be criminalised for “expressing concerns”, “advising a child against medical interventions” or “not actively supporting” a child’s decision to dress as a member of the opposite sex.

However, it stated that when actions became “coercive” or “controlling” then the law would apply, even in cases where they were motivated by “a desire to help or protect the person”.

14 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Its 'unhinged' to have concerns about this becoming legislation?

Well it would seem to be a popular policy - https://yougov.co.uk/society/articles/42061-most-britons-want-conversion-therapy-banned-includ?redirect_from=%2Ftopics%2Flifestyle%2Farticles-reports%2F2022%2F04%2F12%2Fmost-britons-want-conversion-therapy-banned-includ - and the folks shouting against it include The Telegraph and your woman from the Tele article who pals about with the Scottish Family Party so it would certainly seem it’s the hingedly challenged who are in opposition. 

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

Its 'unhinged' to have concerns about this becoming legislation?

Not necesarily.

You could set out your concerns publicly by confirming that you are going to respond to the consultation, and by providing your answers to the consultation questions here.

However, any refusal to do so will raise suspicions that you were just parroting your usual "SNP baaaaad" schtick.

Fair enough?

Can we possibly stop referring to this as 'Conversion Therapy'.

Conversion Therapy is not 'parents expressing concern/not necessarily being on board with/showing some opposition to, their child wishing to transition....and then potentially sending them to prison for doing so.

I'm glad pretty much the whole country is on board with te above though..should make your consultation so much smoother and we should see legislation passed resounded by Holyrod in the next few months.

Edited by Jedi2

19 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

Take a look at the Comments section and please let us know if you are in agreement.

Spoiler Alert

Spoiler

There's some wild stuff in there 

37 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Can we possibly stop referring to this as 'Conversion Therapy'.

Conversion Therapy is not 'parents expressing concern/not necessarily being on board with/showing some opposition to, their child wishing to transition....and then potentially sending them to prison for doing so.

I'm glad pretty much the whole country is on board with te above though..should make your consultation so much smoother and we should see legislation passed resounded by Holyrod in the next few months.

No, because what they’re consulting on is a ban on conversion therapy. 

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

No, because what they’re consulting on is a ban on conversion therapy. 

'Stopping someone from “dressing in a way that reflects their sexual orientation or gender identity” was put forward as an example of an action that would become illegal, even if a parent believed they were acting in a child’s best interests'

Yeah, parent saying to their child 'you're not going out dressed like that' sounds like 'Conversion Therapy' right enough 

I told my daughter yesterday in no way was she 'going out dressed like that' when she attempted to go to the shops in her pajamas.

See you all in 7 years I guess.

44 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

'Stopping someone from “dressing in a way that reflects their sexual orientation or gender identity” was put forward as an example of an action that would become illegal, even if a parent believed they were acting in a child’s best interests'

Yeah, parent saying to their child 'you're not going out dressed like that' sounds like 'Conversion Therapy' right enough 

Other examples would include religious conversion therapies and potentially worse. Tell me, for a Labour voter, why have you got such a hardon for slavishly taking the Telegraph at face value? 

38 minutes ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

I told my daughter yesterday in no way was she 'going out dressed like that' when she attempted to go to the shops in her pajamas.

See you all in 7 years I guess.

My wife went to pick my daughter up in her pajama bottoms yesterday and I called her a schemie b*****d. Illinois banned conversion therapy in 2015 although I’m unsure as to the rules around wife-insulting.