🔵⚪️Saints v Buddies ⚫️⚪️ 25/02/23

2 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

The nick of the buddies here saying that was ‘two points dropped’ for them.  Didn’t lead at any point in the game.  Also thought they were phucking $hite too, a better team scores 2 or 3 against Saints that second half.

I would have to agree with this.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

We would. But there were options, Murphy and Wotherspoon could have got us on the ball and still given us something going forward. 

Yeah either wouldve helped us keep the ball at least, i think Bair had one moment of that despite being targeted constantly.

Ive still no idea how he doesnt win headers either. Nicky Clarks about half the height but wins twice as much.

Just now, houston_bud said:

Amazing how differently fans of teams can see games. This is the complete opposite of what I saw.

The truth probably lies in the middle. Main was at it but our centre halves were wanting kiddy backs at times

Just now, houston_bud said:

Amazing how differently fans of teams can see games. This is the complete opposite of what I saw.

You think Main was being fouled?

Hes clever, it’s good forward play if it’s for your team, but he just backs in and blocks the defender challenging, and when they’re tight or it’s in the air he wrestles. 

It’s effective but the ref has to be more clued up.

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Tbf Main has a fistful of the CBs shirt the moment anyone goes within 2 yards of him.

Its entirely his own fault he ends up in a wrestling match the majority of the time.

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

Yup.  

I doubt Main would have got the free kick the led to the St Johnstone goal.  

But that “vile wee shite” and his linesman gave it.  

FWIW I agree Main got more fouls than normal, but that’s more because fouls against him are very rarely given.  

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf Main has a fistful of the CBs shirt the moment anyone goes within 2 yards of him.

Its entirely his own fault he ends up in a wrestling match the majority of the time.

His arms are 6 feet long!?

Wow.  Missed that.  Will check that next week.  

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

His arms are 6 feet long!?

Wow.  Missed that.  Will check that next week.  

You understand what "within" means, dont you?

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

5 feet 11 inches is within 6 feet. His arms aren't that long either.

Bleh, i was just making a general point that hes grabbing for folk when they get close to him. Most of his wrestling matches are initiated by him, which is why CBs get away with so much against him. When we had John Sutton donkey-ing around for us he was the exact same.

I thought Main was fouled a lot today. Considine in particular was all over him at points. But the same was true at the other end - Clark got a lot of rough treatment and the ref let it all go. But then gave some bizarre fouls where there was little to no contact - like the one dead centre of the goal second half when Main backed in, made no attempt to jump then went down holding his head after Gordon went up and won the ball. After all that had gone before that was a nonsense. Napier went out of his way in the first 20 minutes of that second half to create a load of noise out of nothing with some very odd decisions.

The worst of that equaliser is literally the only reason Shaughnessy was out there was that he was wandering over to take another long throw and his colleagues took a quick one ten yards back up the park towards their own goal. If they had realised that was going to create an overload then fair play - and it is a great ball in - but I’m not convinced they actually realised when they took it that Shaughnessy was coming across!

So nobody noticed that the St Mirren goal should’ve been chalked off? 

The start of the attacking phase of play or whatever they call it was a throw in taken in the completely wrong place (ok that happens all the time) and the guy who took it is walking along while throwing the ball. It’s a foul throw all day long. 

Now I know a lot of the time they’re not pulled up for these things but it leads to the goal so they must be checking that on VAR and disallowing it. 

Even without VAR the ref and lineman should be seeing that. 

Very much robbed of the points today with that and the sending off which shouldn’t have been either as we already know. 

Edited by Sh*teAndMuck
Predictive text shite

2 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

The start of the attacking phase of play or whatever they call it was a throw in taken in the completely wrong place (ok that happens all the time) and the guy who took it is walking along while throwing the ball. It’s a foul throw all day long. 

Now I know a lot of the time they’re not pulled up for these things but it leads to the goal so they must be checking that on VAR and disallowing it. 

Very much robbed of the points today with that and the sending of which shouldn’t have been either as we already know. 

Add to that every one of Shaughnessy‘s long throws he entered the pitch, foul throw after foul throw ignored by linesman

2 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Very much robbed of the points today with that and the sending off which shouldn’t have been either as we already know. 

Been a while since a post so beautifully matched a username.

3 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Now I know a lot of the time they’re not piled up for these things but it leads to the goal so they must be checking that on VAR and disallowing it. 

Very much robbed of the points today with that and the sending of which shouldn’t have been either as we already know. 

That’s a wind up surely?