Title race

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Queens away to Partick; Home to Hamilton; Away to Ayr; Away to Morton; Home to Dundee.

Dundee away to Arbroath; Home to Raith; Home to Morton; Away to ICT; Home to Cove; Away to Queens.

I'm really struggling to see how you can say there's not much in it fixture-wise.  There is one easyish game left for Queens and 4 very difficult ones.  That may or may not materialise into lost points, and there is no such thing as an assured result, but on paper Dundee definitely have an easier run-in. 

Going by the last four form…

Queen’s play 7, 9, 5, 8, 1 (Average 6)

Dundee play 3, 4, 8, 2, 10, 6 (Average 5.5)

Expand to last ten form…

Queen’s play 3, 6, 7, 8, 1 (Average 5)

Dundee play 5, 2, 8, 9, 10, 4 (Average 6.3)

So you can spin it both ways…but I see the last four form as more reflective of recent form. Queen’s are playing a deflated Ayr, a sinking Accies and a freshly stumbling Morton, plus hot Arbroath and Dundee. Dundee are playing hot Arbroath, Raith and ICT, stumbling Morton, pitiful Cove and a potential season decider vs Queen’s. Not sure what you see that makes Dundee’s run in clearly easier.

22 hours ago, TxRover said:

Fair enough, but I’m still not convinced that Queen’s will just completely roll over and let you tickle their tummy…but time will tell.

Their easiest away game was meant to be on Saturday and they royally fucked it up.

With away games to an in-form Partick plus their bogie teams Ayr/Morton - it's no wonder QP fans aren't confident.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I didn't say easy though, I said easier.  

Leaving that aside, Dundee play Raith and Morton at Dens whilst Queens have to go to Partick, Ayr and Morton.  And, are Raith, ICT and Morton seriously challenging for top 4 - they are outside bets at best?  

I doubt even the most optimistic Queens fan and pessimistic Dundee fan would say Queens have the easier run-in.  

If Raith win their games in hand they will be 1 point behind us. If Morton win theirs, they will be 2 points behind. If ICT win theirs it will be 3 for them. I would say they are all still in with a shout. I don’t know who those games in hand are against or when they catch up, but none of them are out of it just yet.  

7 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

If Raith win their games in hand they will be 1 point behind us. If Morton win theirs, they will be 2 points behind. If ICT win theirs it will be 3 for them. I would say they are all still in with a shout. I don’t know who those games in hand are against or when they catch up, but none of them are out of it just yet.  

Mad league isn't it? Loving every moment of it though.

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Their easiest away game was meant to be on Saturday and they royally fucked it up.

With away games to an in-firm Partick plus their bogie teams Ayr/Morton - it's no wonder QP fans aren't confident.

Why would Raith away be the easiest away game ? They haven’t lost at home for 10 games or something.

13 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Why would Raith away be the easiest away game ? They haven’t lost at home for 10 games or something.

Given QP previous form against Raith.

From their point of view it clearly should have been the easier of the games - that doesn't mean it was easy - just relative to the away games to Ayr and Morton (they've had a rotten record against both) and Partick who very much in-form.

When I saw their remaining fixture list and those 4 away matches I thought they had a very tough run-in.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Being realistic, I think we will get a point away at ICT, and drop a couple of points against either Raith or Morten. A draw at the weekend isn't totally out of the question, either. That would give us 64 points going into the final game (maybe 62).

I would expect QP to have a maximum of 60 points by that time - a point each from games against Patrick, Ayr & Morten, 3 from Accies. A defeat at Patrick is quite possible, so a win from one of their other away games would make it very interesting...

1 minute ago, Spikethedee said:

Being realistic, I think we will get a point away at ICT, and drop a couple of points against either Raith or Morten. A draw at the weekend isn't totally out of the question, either. That would give us 64 points going into the final game (maybe 62).

I would expect QP to have a maximum of 60 points by that time - a point each from games against Patrick, Ayr & Morten, 3 from Accies. A defeat at Patrick is quite possible, so a win from one of their other away games would make it very interesting...

A week tomorrow, after the Raith game in hand, I fully expect us to be 4 points clear at the top.

27 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

A week tomorrow, after the Raith game in hand, I fully expect us to be 4 points clear at the top.

As a Dundee fan I don't expect anything.

Beating Arbroath is all that matters right now - yes if we keep winning we go up - but one game at a time.

If QP drop points on the Friday night - even better - but I'm not banking on it.

Good luck to anyone trying to decide which game is an easy one or who's run is the 'easiest'. There is nothing easy about this league in the slightest and every teams form is so volatile it can change in a heart beat. 

QP just need one result to arrest their stumble of recent weeks. None of this is a foregone conclusion by any stretch and I actually think there could be 3 fighting for top come the final game. 

Projection of points from looking in to last 5 or 10 games is all fine well and it makes for good discussion but the reality of it is that form means sweet f**k all going in to these last few games.

Given the fucking mental nature of results in this league, it does seem rather foolish trying to declare how one game is easier or harder than another.

Unless you're playing Cove of course.

48 minutes ago, TxRover said:

DDLW is hardly “very much in-form”. Granted, they won 5-0, but that was against Cove…

Interesting that you went with the 4 game sample size right after the prior couple of wins.

All chat of form is generally moot in this division anyway. Most teams are much of a muchness and struggle to put together any substantial run of any type.

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Interesting that you went with the 4 game sample size right after the prior couple of wins.

All chat of form is generally moot in this division anyway. Most teams are much of a muchness and struggle to put together any substantial run of any type.

I had mentioned the 4 game run previously…and the poster was referring to recent form.

For comparison, 10 game form is LLWDWWDDLW…I hardly consider 4-3-3 “in form”, and there’s a strong argument that the drop off after the WDWW streak in the middle is relevant,

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

I had mentioned the 4 game run previously…and the poster was referring to recent form.

For comparison, 10 game form is LLWDWWDDLW…I hardly consider 4-3-3 “in form”, and there’s a strong argument that the drop off after the WDWW streak in the middle is relevant,

They are 2nd in 10 game form too.

Screenshot_20230403_160234_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e4615b8748da4abca6d7c7288941e03f.jpg

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

They are 2nd in 10 game form too.

Screenshot_20230403_160234_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e4615b8748da4abca6d7c7288941e03f.jpg

OK, but no one is the “in form” team when they are second…especially if they got 15 of 30 possible points. You can argue for Dundee being in form with 18/30, but the form is the best of a muddled bunch.

7 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Given QP previous form against Raith.

From their point of view it clearly should have been the easier of the games - that doesn't mean it was easy - just relative to the away games to Ayr and Morton (they've had a rotten record against both) and Partick who very much in-form.

When I saw their remaining fixture list and those 4 away matches I thought they had a very tough run-in.

Queens lost to Raith in the Diddy cup at home. The first league game at ochilview between the two rovers were robbed of a point.